Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatality in Thailand

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Fatality in Thailand

The words escape me so the facts as I know them. My good friend and fellow Team Crank team mate, Neil Queminet, has been killed whilst climbing to an exit point in Ton Sai, Thailand.

I am completely gutted. A large part of my jumping has been done with Neil and I am competely numb. He was the safest jumper I know. The most thoughtful and considered. He came from a climbing (and skydiving) background so I'm finding it difficult to comprehend that it was something to do with the climb. Words are failing me. I hope to come back later with some thoughts and memories of Neil.

Just found this news article from http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3585988

British Adventurer Dies in Thai Cliff Fall

A 38-year-old British tourist preparing to parachute off a cliff at a beach resort in Thailand fell to his death today

Neil Andrew Queminet of London had been climbing up a cliff with 390 miles south of Bangkok, said police Major Noppadon Mukdha .

Base – an acronym for Building, Antenna, Span, Earth – refers to parachuting from fixed objects such as towers, bridges and cliffs.

Mr Queminet and his two friends had climbed part of the way, and as they prepared to strap into ropes for the remainder of the climb, he fell about 330 feet, Noppadon said.

The Briton suffered head injuries and died at the scene, he said.

Ton Sai beach has long been popular with backpackers and rock climbers, mostly foreign tourists.

I love you bruvva. It's not going to be the same without you.

Be safe people.

Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fatality in Thailand

I could not believe this when I heard.................. I cant say how it felt to hear this.

FU(K

peace dude...........I love ya work

thoughts go out to all close..............

its a dark time for the UK at the moment............

Words Fail me.

My heart aches.

ian

SideSwooper

Quote Originally Posted by sabre210
    Words Fail me.

My heart aches.

ian
    All words are impotent right now. My thoughts are with his wife and his team mates.

I'm off to the pub to find a quiet corner and have a drink while I remember a truely splendid fellow. Neil is the dapper (in mind and body) gentleman with a red shirt in the middle of the picture.

Ron

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

Im so sorry for this loss

You contacted me first time to talk about SL setups,i first didnt understanded why a guy like you would ask a newbie like me about stuff like this,but i later found out that you did so to hear the oppinion from another point of weiv,to make sure you didnt overlooked anything(not that i belive you ever could).

You did listen to me about my concerns and helped me on gear stuff,Right now i look at your msn profile,smiling of the pic you used..

Neil we talked so much about jumping together,we got our chance this summer as i were in UK,but we never made it happen.I feel so guilty

Today as i got theese sad news i were about to go make my jump #150,You got the jump mate,and even as i dont belive in stuff like that,i think i got your "c ya"

My DEEPEST condolance to Neil´s family and freinds,even to the world,we lost one of the good guys today.

UK BASE seems to take a hard curve this year,please play safe guys(not only the UK)

Fly free brother

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Frog's Avatar

What to say...
    My heart is with ya guys! My deepest condolences to his family and his friends! Sad days for all the community...
    Fly free Neil!
    B.S.B.D.
    Peace,
    C-YA!!!
    Mucho BASE!
    V. #1075

A very sad day indeed ... My condolences to his family and friends ... i hardly knew the guy but he was always happy to help even a newbie like me ... he will be missed ...

Fly free ...

Quote Originally Posted by SideSwooper
    Neil is the dapper (in mind and body) gentleman with a red shirt in the middle of the picture.

Ron

Totally gutted.

Jules

Ferry

My condoleances to his family and friends. And the UK crew, take care guys...

Utter sadness.

I don't have the words.

My thoughts to you all...

Jase.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) QuickDraw's Avatar

Only shared a couple of e-mails with him, but what a nice guy.

Cya Neil.

Small

Neil was a top bloke, generous with his time, his advice and his friendship. He was graceful on the exit point and one of the safest, most thoughtful jumpers I know.

Miss you already mate,

Gus

Biff

Neil is my friend and I'm going to miss him. His calm, measured approach; to life in general and BASE in particular was an inspiration. He had a quirky, dry sense of humour, sharing an exit point or beer with him was a pleasure. I'm going to miss his 'Is this Biff the Bunny?' calls.

Will

meeker_boy

This is such a sad loss to the UK Base community (and the world). I met Neil last year in Switzerland and been on several trips with him since. We were on the 30-way in Russia this year together and I was crapping myself. Neil calm as ever gave me encouragement and was a great help.

God bless you and love you.
    Meeker

leigh

You couldn't hope to meet a nicer man, we have all lost a very good friend.
    He will be sorely missed
    leigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast