PDA

View Full Version : in case of death

jupija
November 21st, 2006, 04:24 AM
im in B.A.S.E. for 4 year, but thank god i never had to b close when someone went in. Due to a anormous nr. of deaths this year, im putting up this question - what r procedures in case someone whitneses death of a jumper - please post some of your experiences, what to expect ...

mtnlion667
November 21st, 2006, 08:04 AM
That's a tough one to answer. I'm sure there will be plenty of additions to what I say. But I give my ground crew basic instructions.

First.... Be SURE I'm dead. No need to shake the kid in a coma with a broken spine.

Then remove my rig if at all feasable. no sense wasting gear or letting the authorities know it was base related.

Then get away from the scene. Go to a payphone near by and make an anonymous call to the police, something about a suicide jumper or something.

Then later, after the sh't storm has settled, let my parents know it wasn't suicide.

mknutson
November 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
im in B.A.S.E. for 4 year, but thank god i never had to b close when someone went in. Due to a anormous nr. of deaths this year, im putting up this question - what r procedures in case someone whitneses death of a jumper - please post some of your experiences, what to expect ...This question is NOT new.
I actually took off work for 8 months to create a system (http://www.yoursos.com (not live right now). One (1) person paid the $29.99/year service, and not one other person was interested. Showed that people really don't want to think of such a thing. Thus, I lost a hell of a lot of money on the project and it is dormant as we speak.

Nick_D
November 21st, 2006, 04:27 PM
We tried BASE Dog Tags once with blood type, existing med problems, and who to call, but that didn't go anywhere either.

We probably tend to think either we'll wind up with a beer, or dead, and not much about anything in-between . . .

NickD :)
BASE 194

maggotrules
November 21st, 2006, 09:51 PM
Dude thats an easy question
1 take there wallet
2 take there watch
3 take there boots base jumpers have good boots
4 take there gear da thats a no brainer
u can always sell it hell i have no problem jumping dead peoples gear
never did before i use some dead guys diter and helmit all the time
i even got laid in the bath room at the dz wear the helmit as a joke
5 take there car a smash the **** out of it or drive it off a cliff in your somewhere like Moab

By the way are u sure your a base jumper, base jumpers should be born with this nolledge i mean come on its common sence

by the way u should come jump with me sometime and wear a nice watch

Mac
November 22nd, 2006, 02:32 AM
We tried BASE Dog Tags once with blood type, existing med problems, and who to call, but that didn't go anywhere either.

We probably tend to think either we'll wind up with a beer, or dead, and not much about anything in-between . . .

NickD :)
BASE 194

I think that Dog Tag thing is a good idea... You dont always jump with people that know you well, and you dont always talk about "what if" to new people you jump with....

d_goldsmith
November 22nd, 2006, 02:37 AM
Dog tags seem like a great idea to me too. I'm going to get one with all that info.

Raymond Losli
November 22nd, 2006, 07:24 PM
magot:
..." u can always sell it hell i have no problem jumping dead peoples gear
never did before i use some dead guys diter and helmit all the time
i even got laid in the bath room at the dz wear the helmit as a joke."
-
You should ONLY get bragging rights on getting laid with the dead guys helmet in the bathroom. Only if it was with his BASE jumping Girlfriend. You should also get a set of Dog-Tags with all you personal info to wear. To alert authorities to check your pockets if you are found anywere near an BASE accident. Pilfering a pair of Danners and nice Sunto off a dead BASE jumpers arm ? Next you will be telling us you might also might dabble in homosexual necrophilia as well, before the body cools off.

BASE_689
November 23rd, 2006, 05:11 AM
Sorry for the offtopic, maggot, but I am a non-native speaker of English, and while I think I read, write ands speak a good "standard" English, I have difficulties in reading all your posts: does it come natural to you to write like that or do you put some effort in the way you write?

jupija
November 23rd, 2006, 05:43 AM
magot when i read your post i really have to smile couse i never know where is the thruth with u and if u r really a base jumper... just before this really gets out of topic im want to stress out what is really my point, im asking if anyone ever had been on exit with someone that went in - what did athorities wanted to know, di u had any additional troubles with police or so, do they emidiatly take the body to morge, plus who can transport the body, do the family has to come to pick it up....

maggotrules
November 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
I only jump illegal objects witha very tight crew off guy's and never more than
2 others
so I reduce my chances of one of us getting killed by jumping with guys that no there **** . and i very rarely take out low timers.
And no i never had to deal with the cops when some one went in I just vanished but thats what ninjas do
death is not really an issue for me its all though i wish it was
death has made me numb.

And RAY i would love to F---- some dead guys ass but no won would ever let me thay say its disrespectful. or some **** like that

And yes the fact that my spelling and inglish sucks is no big secret

mtnlion667
November 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Ha ha ha aha ha aha .....

You dumb fukc!!! you think I know my sh1t..? Boy have I got you fooled.

Dude, haven't you heard, I'm next in line for the bounce bingo list. all the really cool basejumpers at the ranch know that I'm insane, reckless, and about to go in.... Didn't they tell you? I thought that was why you gave me that watch, so you could get it back.

But now that I've read this thread. I'm going to start jumping w/lube in my pocket. Maggot never was good at finding a pulse, and I don't wan't to come back to consciousnes with a ripped A hole.

stitch
November 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
But now that I've read this thread. I'm going to start jumping w/lube in my pocket. Maggot never was good at finding a pulse, and I don't wan't to come back to consciousnes with a ripped A hole.Why?? You afraid he is gonna try to "fist" ya???:eek:

BASE 700
November 23rd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Yo,
I have been present when a close friend was killed BASE jumping. We were a crew of 4 and when he died the police arrived within 10 minutes. They questioned us for over 2 hours in the field where my friend lay dead. Finally, we were released and the next day had to pick up his car and personals from the police station, drive his car back to his family and tell them what happened.
It was absolutely the worst experience in my life, and unfortunately, if you BASE jump, it will eventually happen to you.
I sent you more info. in a PM but it bounced :eek:
I hope you never have to go through it, take care and stay safe,

BASE 700

maggotrules
November 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM
dude I dont know where u live but in NYC if u get cought
u are gonna get the beat down and a knight stick up your ass
and while on a normal day that would be fun. its not when they stick it in 2 feet. I mean i can take a big one but not 2 feet.

I mean if i lived in England or some other 3rd world country like that I would just give the cops 50 bucks tell them thats more than they make in a week
and go by there 10 kids buritos or what ever kids eat.

Mac
November 24th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I mean if i lived in England or some other 3rd world country like that

HAHA.....

You know what Maggot, I have no idea if I like you or hate you.... you are either a rather intelligent and deep thinking person or just a dirty b4stard son full of English genes that ended up in your family when we ran your country and through no fault of your own you end up being an inbred uh ha uh ha my mother my sister type of fellow.... if it is the latter then its a shame that more of the third world UK gene did not get into your families rather shallow gene pool because you would then find yourself really funny....

Faber
November 26th, 2006, 05:18 AM
This question is NOT new.
I actually took off work for 8 months to create a system (http://www.yoursos.com (not live right now). One (1) person paid the $29.99/year service, and not one other person was interested. Showed that people really don't want to think of such a thing. Thus, I lost a hell of a lot of money on the project and it is dormant as we speak.

Mick thats not true. serval people were interested in your consept but it were too complexe to(atleast me) understand and you didnt bordered to explain it for true,after serval mails and pm´s i finaly gave up..If people want to sell me a product i assume they will respond my Q´s and ATLEAST get back to me,if i dont get the info i need why should i buy the product?
You have your self to thanks that you didnt had atleast 2 costumers,becours i were ready to sign in but no service what so ever i desided to find other ways instead...

Blair could you mail me your experience on the episode you just told about..
be aware that i changed my mail over the summer so its base850ATstofanetDOTdk now
cheers

About dog tags,i spoke to my doc about those,blodtypes etc etc.
if you want any info on you add your name personal # perhaps adress and phone# to relatives..
The ER will easy give you blod if needed they dont need your type to start whith(one type evry one can take).
Just dont loose the tag at a exit point,lz or places were you shouldnt be..

i desided not to wear that info,all the info can be found in my wallet which i dont bring on jumps(stays in the car)..

Jumping solo i have phonecrew that can identify me to police etc
Jumping whith other people they know were my info is..

Huck
November 30th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I witnessed a fatal jump off the big walls in Southern Norway. Fortunatly, the Klubb took care of all the "stuff" accociated with that kind of accident. It is something that never leaves your mind. 700 is right, if you're in BASE long enough it's something you WILL most likely witness (or experience first hand).

When I'm out jumping with friends we try to have some sort of "plan". Be prepared in all ways possible.

On another note, that dumba s s maggot thinks he knows his s h i t, when in fact he knows f u c k all. Just ignore him.

maggotrules
December 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
huck your right f u c k me just the way i like it. im just a stupid kid
by the way old man how many jumps do u have.

I like going to schools and wathching kids on the swings