PDA

View Full Version : McConkey on Gin Nano

Mac
December 5th, 2007, 07:30 AM
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtL0MjgPzns)

I fly a Gin Nano 07 13m2 for ground launching, quite a twitchy wing until its loaded up and flying. Not sure a McConkey is a good idea on one, well this video proves that a little.

nicknitro71
December 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
For a moment there I thought you meant that Shane did the jump!

Lucky mother the dude is.

It reminds me of my last mishapped at the Perrine...fortunately my tarp was a 240...so the end result was just a cracked rib.

lifewithoutanet
December 5th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Have you seen the TARD off the Perrine under a 10m2? I forget which vid it's in or if I saw it online.
I've got a 10m2 and a 12m2. The 10m2's only coming out on snow. It's a ****ing rocket.
-C.

nicknitro71
December 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Seriously guys, get rid of the asterisks!

Mac
December 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Seriously guys, get rid of the asterisks!

"in progress"

Have you seen the TARD off the Perrine under a 10m2?
:eek: Not something that gets my juices flowing!

hamsandwich
December 5th, 2007, 11:03 AM
**** I can't remember which event that was during (maybe dan schillings crane assisted record?) but I do remember Tenacious-B telling me he was down below and watch that **** when Haliday commented to the gin pilot, "hey dude, you should totaly keep doing that... because by the end of the day, YOU'RE DEAD!".

Ha! Never have met JimmyH but his reputation precedes him and if the trash stomper made that comment that's gotta be some crazy ****!

lifewithoutanet
December 5th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Oh, it would have gotten your juices flowing, alright. You'd have pissed yourself! That 10m2 is a ****ing rocket. I have a 10m2 and a 12m2 and the 10 is for ski slopes only.
-C.

DRT
December 5th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Is this the video your talking about?

http://www.stage6.com/user/jimmyh/video/1019784/Action-SPorts-Video

**** you Nick I like asterisks! If you're having a hard time figuring out what they stand for send me a private message and I'll fill in the blanks for and send it back. This way you get to see what your missing, and the rest of us don't have to listen to you tell us how to post. I could understand semicolons or that little thing they put above the word in spanish, but asterisks and exclamation points that crap is hard core!

Mac
December 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Oh, it would have gotten your juices flowing, alright. You'd have pissed yourself! That 10m2 is a ****ing rocket. I have a 10m2 and a 12m2 and the 10 is for ski slopes only.
-C.

Im scared enough on my 13m2 at the moment.... not quite ready for hill swooping without snow a 10m2 yet, or even a 12m2 for that matter!.... brown smoke will actually come out of my arse...

nicknitro71
December 6th, 2007, 06:11 AM
DRT,

Suck my cock you fucking cunt! See no asterisks! :D

Mac
December 6th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Dude, your obsessed with men cock sucking.... :eek::cool:

nicknitro71
December 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Have u ever jumped with maggot?

Mac
December 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I've got a 10m2 and a 12m2. The 10m2's only coming out on snow. It's a ****ing rocket.
-C.

Do you use the Gin speedfly Harness with these? Do you ever fly with risers? How does the nano perform with risers if you do?

Mac
December 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Have u ever jumped with maggot?

:eek: If its all about that, then I am glad to have not had that "pleasure".... If you close your eyes does it make it more acceptable?

lifewithoutanet
December 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Do you use the Gin speedfly Harness with these? Do you ever fly with risers? How does the nano perform with risers if you do?

Yeah, I've got a couple Yeti's. And if you're looking for one, I can probably still get one for you at a pretty good discount.

On the 12, yes, I fly risers. Handles fine. The 10, though...in the few flights I have on it, I have not flown risers. It's incredibly twitchy and not nearly as stable. I stick to toggle inputs on it.

-C.

Mac
December 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I have a Gin Speedfly harness http://www.superflyinc.com/fly/harnesses/gin/harness-speedflyer-big.jpg

I like it, it took awhile to get used to the hip riser set up, but now I am used to flying on toggles only I wanted to start messing with the risers but now I am back in unfamilar areas with the hip riser attachments as I did not know how it would react to riser input.

Luckily I dont know anyone else with a Nano in the UK so trial and error only! :eek: Femurs are doing ok so far with that approach!

lifewithoutanet
December 6th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I've got one of those, and one of the older Yeti's. The new one is sweet. It's a more refined design.
A note on risers, I've only flown the rears when I have my weight far forward, not when I'm kicked back in the harness. When I'm reclined, it's all toggles. Fun little wings.
-C.

Johnny Utah
December 8th, 2007, 04:48 AM
After watching the vid I was wondering what caused it to spin up like that.
So I watched it again and it looked to me like he allowed the momentum of the 90 left to put him into somewhat more than half a line twist and it looked like that pulled down the right end cells (perhaps because he was uneven in his harness) and with that high aspect ratio and low airspeed the right-side input spun it up. That's what it looked like to me.

so anyway, where is this place and can we jump from it and how is the access?

Mac
December 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
(perhaps because he was uneven in his harness)

The harness he is wearing looks like the Gin speedfly harness (I maybe wrong), but this means that the attachment points are actually at the waist. I understand about weight shifts and forces with skydive harnesses with this sort of canopy, but although I fly a Gin Nano with hip attachments, its still a dark science to me how this waist attachment will react to twists or collapses and how I will react to them.... :eek: