PDA

View Full Version : Just for Mick...

hamsandwich
December 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Surfin the fresh pow at grand targhee... :D

-

lifewithoutanet
December 16th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Where's the groundlaunch/spine protector sledding pics?
-C.

Johnny Utah
December 17th, 2007, 12:00 AM

-

ha ha ha you're snowboarding dude....

hamsandwich
December 17th, 2007, 08:18 AM
:D:D:D

It was my first time going back-country. we had a snow-cat all day taking us to the top of fresh terrain. There was so much powder that once I got going the boards nose would finally appear out of the snow like a wakeboard or water skis popping out of the water. had to get way back on the board and almost surf on the snow. too cool!

12 people to a snow cat... who wants to be on the load for next year's early bird trip?

collin, we can bring the spine tobogans. ;)

Johnny Utah
December 17th, 2007, 08:53 AM
how long is that board? Looks too short for deep powder

sounds like you had a blast. Freshies are the best. I like to do one big gigantic carve but a longer board is the way to go for that.

Para_Frog
December 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
That's how I fucked up my shoulder Abbie...ya been warned!

Remember, snowboards don't kill people...

Jägermeister (http://www.jagermeister.com/) does.

mknutson
December 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM

-
I am ut the door right now to enjoy the 3 day storm that just started to dump! Alpine Meadows baby!

And 5"+ more of fresh powder tonight expected...

Johnny Utah
December 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I am ut the door right now to enjoy the 3 day storm that just started to dump! Alpine Meadows baby!

And 5"+ more of fresh powder tonight expected...

I went to disney world yesterday and they had fake snow.

hamsandwich
December 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM
how long is that board? Looks too short for deep powder.

I think you're right. It's a 159. and its old as balls. I don't even think Joyride is in business anymore.

Half way through the day I move the bindings back from center and it made a huge difference making it easier to keep the nose up.

-

vid666
December 17th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I think you're right. It's a 159. and its old as balls. I don't even think Joyride is in business anymore.

Half way through the day I move the bindings back from center and it made a huge difference making it easier to keep the nose up.

-

Funny thing, my main board is an old as fuck Joyride as well. 157 or 159, don't remember. And it's a bitch when there's LOTS of powder. I end up just leaning backwards. A fresh wax job is very helpful.

mknutson
December 20th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I see you now, and I fart at it!

From 9:30am to 3:00pm you can see how much snow I had to dig out just to get in the car!

Tuesday was the best Hookie day from work I had in ALL of 2007!!!!!!!