PDA

View Full Version : your wheel chair!

hamsandwich
February 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM
exercise your leg or we're coming for the crutches and after that we're taking the leg. this is for your own good!

oh and btw, you might want to quit smoking until your leg is healed after reading this non-union fracture story:
i still had not quit smoking completely. i thought for sure that i was healing though. I had received a plate, screws and an internal bone stimulator with my last surgery. I didn't have any pain. The doctor had also done a bone graft from my shin.

He had high hopes that the fracture would be growing new bone, but it wasn't. My daughter who was with us on the visit, spoke out, "I know why you aren't growing bone...."

She knew that I was still smoking a small amount of cigarettes. She blurted that out to the doctor too. He asked me, "If I told you that you would never walk again if you didn't quit smoking, would you quit then?"

I thought about it seriously. I replied, "I really couldn't tell you if I would or not."

He shook his head and we walked out of the office. I never had another cigarette again after walking out of his office that day. I knew that this was serious now. I had been immobilized for far too long and I was getting so tired of it.

My family was getting tired of it too. It was wearing on my husband who had to do all the laundry, cooking and cleaning. He had to run all the errands and do all the shopping. The kids were tired of not having their mother.

"It was all too real, all of a sudden, I just knew I could never smoke another cigarette again."

-

AndrewKarnowski
February 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

*ps - fuck the 10 word requirement la la la la la

stitch
February 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
It really is nice to know that you and The EMO Kid care. :o

As you know I have been trying to quit smoking. Although, it will probably be labeled a lame excuse, there are other serious issues in my life that is making this difficult. And I'm not about to air out my dirty laundry on the internet.

I'm trying to go "cold turkey" again today. But, I think I need a support group, so I'm gonna come live with you and Andrew for a week. :D