PDA

View Full Version : Buy a car, get a free gun!

hamsandwich
May 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
US car dealer in free gun offer

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44682000/jpg/_44682527_pistol_vtfreezeframe226i.jpg The offer is proving popular - sales have quadrupled so far

A car dealership in the United States is offering a free handgun with every vehicle sold.
Max Motors in Butler, Missouri, says sales have quadrupled since the start of the offer.
Customers can choose between a gun or a $250 (£125) gas card, but most so far have chosen the gun.
Owner Mark Muller said: "We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want to."
The dealership sells new and old vehicles, including General Motors and Ford cars and trucks, and its logo shows a cowboy holding a pistol.
It has sold more than 30 cars and trucks in the past three days, an increase which the owners put down to their promotional offer.
Inspiration from Obama
Mr Muller said that every buyer so far "except one guy from Canada and one old guy" chose the gun, rather than the gas card.
He recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".
He added that the promotion was inspired by recent comments from one of the Democratic nominees for the presidential election, saying: "We did it because of Barack Obama.
"He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."
The website advertisement for the offer, which continues until the end of the month, mentions that an approved background check on gun ownership is required.

iamchriskolegasbitch
May 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
So Abbie what are you gonna offer for every tandem jump?

hamsandwich
May 23rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
We already do. Free pitcher at woody's if you take your receipt there!

Man, I need to start printing receipts.

-a