bruised tailbone
bruised ego
bionic funny bone

-a

Anal sex with NickRUgay and Magot doesn't count either. :p

hamsandwich
June 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Anal sex with NickRUgay and Magot doesn't count either. :p

Yes it does; it was in freefall, asshole!

-

1BigTurd
June 20th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Yes it does; it was in freefall, asshole!

-

Wow what a coool site, you can call people names and insinuate that they're queer n' stuff.

I love it! I coming over here. You guy's rock and Tom is really gay! No really can I say that? Or?

hamsandwich
June 20th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hey you sound like a homophobe. Say whatever you want; just own it. It's fine here. Worst a moderator will do is move it to a new thread or different forum. It's like real life, this is how we talk on or off the internet. My name is in my sig line. Who are you?

Hey stay on topic, etc... Have you broken any part of your 1bigTurd base jumping?

-

1BigTurd
June 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hey you sound like a homophobe. Say whatever you want; just own it. It's fine here. Worst a moderator will do is move it to a new thread or different forum. It's like real life, this is how we talk on or off the internet. My name is in my sig line. Who are you?

Hey stay on topic, etc... Have you broken any part of your 1bigTurd base jumping?

-
NO i haven't hurt any serious body parts , jsut a lot of scrapes and some spraines is all.
:o

i gues i'm not aReal Base jumper til i get fucked up!

hamsandwich
June 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
i gues i'm not aReal Base jumper til i get fucked up!

Crazy, but some people actually believe that shit. They hear people joking about broken bones and think its an entry into a club rather than a warning about picking and choosing when and what you jump.

lifewithoutanet
June 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Crazy, but some people actually believe that shit. They hear people joking about broken bones and think its an entry into a club rather than a warning about picking and choosing when and what you jump.

Or, rather than a warning, a disclaimer... "It was bound to happen." :confused:

-C.

Chuck Lowenpull
June 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
I got abs of steel for laughing for years and sticking the crap out of it. My diaphragm is larger and stronger too.

diablopilot
June 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM

Ditto that.

BASE1190
June 23rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
One broken finger:p

hookitt
June 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
The wind knocked out of me

Para_Frog
June 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm in the CS club. Not a scratch...

And that shit about not a real BASE jumper until you get busted up is weaksauce.

You're not a busted up, oops, fuck-I-wish-I-had-a-rewind-button, sidelined, didn't properly prepare/pack/anticipate, learned a new lesson, badluck BASE jumper until you're busted up. Period. End of sentence.

lifewithoutanet
June 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
The wind knocked out of me
Saved by a spine-protector on that one, right?
-C.

hookitt
June 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yep

Johnny Utah
June 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm in the CS club. Not a scratch...

And that shit about not a real BASE jumper until you get busted up is weaksauce.

You're not a busted up, oops, fuck-I-wish-I-had-a-rewind-button, sidelined, didn't properly prepare/pack/anticipate, learned a new lesson, badluck BASE jumper until you're busted up. Period. End of sentence.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE HARVEY. That weaksauce mentality was promoted by Tom A-hole and Jeb because they wanted to make themselves feel like more of BASE gods due to the fact that they got busted up so much. Accidents happen, but the more you avoid accidents the better and by no means does getting hurt legitimize your status as a BASE jumper.

here is a very appropriate post that was made some time ago in a thread on the dorkzone about just this topic. I wish I knew who made the post... bravo:

=============================================

Re: [GreenMachine] A *REAL* BASE Jumper

Quote by GreenMachine

Any of you who know me know I am not
a real BASE jumper by any measure.

However, BASE 515 / Mike's retirement made me think of something I heard in Idaho. To be a real BASE jumper one has to break themselves and come back. At the time I thought it was stupid and still do -- here's why:

It is highly doubtful anyone would say BASE 515 / Mike is not a real BASE jumper. He did 600 jumps in 9 years and per another poster those were injury free. In my opinion this is a damn good thing! Congrats Mike!!

[I]{quoting Tom Aiello}
"To be a real BASE jumper
one has to break themselves and come back" ?!?!?

hunh? WTF?

Did I get lost in a time warp or something? So now these "so called instructors" are teaching new jumpers that in order to be a REAL BASE jumper they need to be injured first and then when they return they can be a REAL BASE jumper like all the other BASE jumpers who have screwed up and gotten themselves all busted up. Gee, no wonder the current fatality rate is 12 times what it use to be.

GreenMachine, good job for realizing what a stupid concept that is. That has got to be the most messed up thing I've read since, well, since Mr. Corliss burnt down NYC.

Didn't you say somewhere that you took Tom Aiello's FJC in Idaho. I assume Tom is the one that tried to teach this to you. My guess is since he has put himself in the hospital at least 3 times that I've heard about, and his reputation on the street is that he is not all that skilled a BASE jumper, that he tries to indoctrinate his students with "To be a real BASE jumper one has to break themselves and come back" so that they will perceive him as more of a real BASE jumper than many other very talented and skilled jumpers. Hmmm, I think I recall reading somewhere about Miles D never having been injured, and doesn't Miles also run a FJC in Idaho. Since it's been so obvious that Aiello doesn't get along with Shane McConkey and Miles D it's not hard to read between the lines.

GreenMachine, if you stay in the sport and travel around and travel to Europe, you will meet loads of BASE jumpers who have never been injured. These are the ones who should be considered to be the better BASE jumpers because they have talent and skill and use good judgment to avoid getting hurt. Even Dwain Weston who pushed the envelope all the time was never injured with something like 1,200 jumps (sadly he did die doing a stunt skydive though) and you can tell in some of his writings that even though he took big calculated risk, he was all about not getting hurt.

You're absolutely right about BASE 515 being a REAL BASE jumper. And not only a real BASE jumper, but one that has been smart enough to stay within his abilities and using good judgment to keep from having to sacrifice precious flesh and bone for having a good time in freefall.

In Reply To

In Reply To
just curious as to who might have said that?

{quoting Tom Aiello}
The first person I heard say it was Jeb Corliss.
Nice deflection Mr. Aiello.

Hmmmm, hasn't Jeb injured himself a few times as well? So Jeb gets hurt and then jumps again and then starts stroking his ego by telling other jumpers "To be a real BASE jumper one has to break themselves and come back". It's unbelievable that some one's ego can be so big.

So I guess Mr. Aiello and Mr. Corliss are the "REAL" BASE jumpers then since they both got hurt and then jumped again. <---sarcasm
Hail to thee both!!!!

Mr. Aiello and Jeb disrespect all those smart and uninjured BASE jumpers that came before them by saying and repeating such utter self-promoting rubbish to these new jumpers. In fact they even disrespect those who have been injured.

What is a real BASE jumper? (stupid question)

Someone who BASE jumps. (<---- as in period)

Older jumpers know that the object of the game is self preservation.

I think those who have executed skill, wisdom, and good judgment and not been busted up as a result should be the ones we look up to. Sure any BASE jumper can get injured, but there is nothing good about that and it should not be revered as something to brag about.

<raises glass to all fellow BASE jumpers who have never been injured. Good on ya, Cheers!!!!>
=============================================

space
June 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I broke lots of "settle down type" girl's hearts. Does this count?
take care,
space

huckleberry
June 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Finally....

yep, you know

go fuckyerself

1BigTurd
June 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Utah, no bragging here...
but, would almost bet there are more with, than without.

Some more than others. that's all.

Been aruond a little while and aint got nothing! Except as someone else said some scratches and stuff. Mostly from trail blazen'.

But one day I hope to get really messed up!! I promise! I want be like the cool BASE nerds. Hell I'd love to get myself a wheel chair, no an electric schooter , yeah that's what I want.
I'm going suck it in real low, no really low and hope for a line over, over some nasty fucking boulders , yeah, then I can be in the Regal class!

Hey! take that fucking bridge you all fight over and stick IT in your NERD asses , OK!;)

huckleberry
June 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
stick it

Baddass
June 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM
gettin bust up just means ya fucked up right?

Thing i was wonderin, any of you guys ever had ur shoot not open or got it tangled badly etc?

Faber
June 26th, 2008, 06:55 AM
by my defenition of injury(bones stichung out or docs need to leave metal inside you)i have ónly 2 injuryes,so ive broken both my ankels unless you vount all the american assés ive ripped...

Johnny is spot on a BASEjumper is a person jumping fixed objects..
if your a real BASEjumper if you get hurt thern go backto BASE,what shit statement.. i have more respect to thouse who havnt injuryed them self,they had the tallent or walked away in the right time.. Saying so whith healing leg right as we speak..

Only things you get from a BASE injury
1bad mediea cover(if they get a hint)
2people arround saying i said so..
3a funny limp
4 shitloads of pain..
5 no´jumps while healing

Abbi you still float like a pice of shit? guess by the size of you back in 05 you now need a tank to take you to to the nearest drive BY(not through),you fat ass shit..

Colin help this fucker just end his days.. cant belive yu let him suffer that loong..

BASE_689
June 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
What is a real BASE jumper? (stupid question) (not stupid question indeed...)
Someone who BASE jumps, who is fully responsible of his jumping, who enjoys so much in doing BASE jumps, who exerts all the possible precautions to jump <safely>, possibly avoiding to do certain jumps at certain times where either the object itself or weather conditions are suitable to (present) skill of same jumper.
Period :cool:

So far, I got a broken coccyx but I realized it only one year later talking to a female friend of mine (who is a doctor), telling her that for a whole year after a heavy landing on my ass I experienced pain while getting up after having been seated for a while, she told me: "My dear, you broke your coccyx, then it healed <by itself> repositioning <someway> and now off you go" :D :D
Not to mention lots of bruises, which have remained bruises thanks to the heavy armouring I wear in any single BASE jump I do :D :D

> Older jumpers know that the object of the game is self preservation
———————————————————————————————————
I absolutely agree with this line ;)

mikki_zh
June 27th, 2008, 05:10 AM
- one heli rescue
- 2 object stikes
- in total 2 close calls
- 2 tree landings
- never got hurt though
- I saw one fatality
- I saw one guy hanging in a wall with several broken bones for more then 2 hours
- I saw one canopy ride into trees of less then a second
- 3 people I knew went inn in the last 2 month

fucked up list, fucked up "sport"
see you on an exit point next sunday...

mknutson
July 1st, 2008, 04:06 PM
I got my feelings hurt once ;-)

Tabasco
July 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
I broke lots of "settle down type" girl's hearts. Does this count?
take care,
space

And even a few "don't want to settle down" types. ;-) Hey Tracy. Good to see you're still kicking around out there.

Linda

base_bin
November 18th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Good to hear so many of you not had serious injury, when I read the article @ http://www.snakeriverbase.com/GettingIntoBASE.pdf (http://www.snakeriverbase.com/GettingIntoBASE.pdf)
when looking to do FJC did want to know some supporting stats. An extract:

"In my short time in this sport I've seen three life flight helicopters from the outside, two more from the inside, the back of two different police cars, several broken bones and the funeral of a good friend. I’ve also spent three weeks in Intensive Care and 18 hours in neurosurgery. Are you sure you really want to do this?"

"There are very few BASE jumpers with more than 500 jumps who have not spent serious time (more than a day or two) in the hospital due to BASE accidents. Most agree that it is just a matter of time until they are seriously injured. If you are not ready to die BASE jumping, you are not ready to go BASE jumping.
But the greatest cost of BASE jumping is not your own life. In this sport, you will meet, and come to care for, some of the most amazing people in the world. Then they will die. Everyone who BASE jumps for any length of time will lose a close friend. Think about the ten people who are closest to you in the world. Imagine how it would feel to lose one of them every year. This is the kind of price you must be prepared to pay."

mikki_zh
November 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Probably some people will not agree with this articel, also because TA has not to many friends in this forum, I agree to many things he has written in that paper.
If you don't jump alone, you will know people who die. Honestly, I think I don't know one single person in the sport who has not lost one friend or person he knew or he jumped with.
If you don't just jump the potato bridge all year, you will see or experience injuries. I have been lucky from my side but I don't count on not getting injured.

If you are not ready to die BASE jumping, you are not ready to go BASE jumping.

There I don't agree. I am not ready to die BASE jumping, I do everything I can to avoid it. I know it could happen and my close friends and family also knows this but at the same time my father is a mountaneer and same goes for him.

Flying_Mike_D
November 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Is this kind of like being a helicopter pilot? You aren't a REA helo pilot until you've crashed one????

That's a stoopid mentality to have and only invites careless/reckless behaviour (IMO). It gives the mental warm fuzzy that it is ok to get hurt because you will be more well respected.

I prefer to do everything in life to AVOID injury. Maybe I am a pussy but broken shit hurts, and the older I get the longer it takes to heal, and therapy becomes even more difficult and painful.

The only injury I've ever had that had to do with BASE, a DZ, or gravity in any form was from crockery busting my face...and if Hamsandwich was a REAL friend he would have held the asshole down while we surgically removed his balls with a dull spoon!

huckleberry
November 18th, 2008, 10:39 PM
rather than a warning about picking and choosing when and what you jump.

Francis,
I think you're the only one who got it....
right on....
late

hamsandwich
November 19th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I agree with what you should be prepared for but that site overdramatizes it.

1 every year? Please. If you lose a FRIEND a year to base jumping for 10 years then you're jumping with imbeciles. And remember, you are who your friends are.

Are the risks not obvious? Do we need all this to explain parachuting from fixed objects carries a certain amount of risk? Did you not realize you could fall when you first got on a bicycle?

-

huckleberry
November 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
I got abs of steel for laughing for years and sticking the crap out of it. My diaphragm is larger and stronger too.

ah hahaha..
Classic!

stitch
November 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I've got a Krispi Kreme dozen. 6 glazed, 4 jelly, and 2 chocolate. :cool:

hamsandwich
November 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM
and if Hamsandwich was a REAL friend he would have held the asshole down while we surgically removed his balls with a dull spoon!

Harvey was right! Army Rangers DO need scrawny jews from LA to protect them! :D

-

Flying_Mike_D
November 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Harvey was right! Army Rangers DO need scrawny jews from LA to protect them! :D

-

I don't know of a single person that would call you scrawny you fat bastard! You ate 2 cans of Haggis in my house (it still smells awful)....keep in mind there are 5 servings in a can and 500 calories per serving with 90% of each serving being FAT calories... I can't believe your colon hasn't packed up and moved out!