PDA

View Full Version : Maggot's Status

nicknitro71
July 14th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Maggot wracked his bike a few blocks away from where he lives in East Harlem the night of July 12. I do not know anything about the dynamics of the accident.

He was wearing a helmet but no other types of protection. The helmet did save his life.

His injuries include a skull fracture that was taken cared of via surgery the same night, broken ribs, shoulder, and about 5 broken vertebrae, T1-5. T1-4 are not a big deal, spiral fractures, horn fractures, and such, none involved the spinal canal. T5 is the problem child.

Nobody gave me any numbers on the condition of T5 but it really does no look too good. Jerry currently is paralyzed T5 down, meaning chest down at the diaphragm level.

He is being transferred to the Jacobi Medical Center which is home of the Albert Einstein Medical School: http://www.nyc.gov/html/hhc/jacobi/home.html

Without any number related to the T5 fracture, I cannot even make a guess on the prognosis.

He will need surgery on T5 for sure. What we know is that Jerry has no feelings chest down. This does not mean he will paralyzed forever. What it means is that at this point in time the signals coming in and out of T5 are compromised and this is due to two extremes plus a whole variety of things between them. The best possible scenario is that the neuronal deficits are due to simply pressure from the trauma. The other extreme of course is the spinal cord being completely severed. And of course you have a whole shade of gray where there is some spinal cord damage that can vary from very severe to mild. We do not know if Jerry will walk again at this point. MRIs, scans, and x-rays can only tell you so much.

Wednesday he will have surgery and only then we will know the severity of the spinal injury at T5.

Again, the thoracic spinal nerve 5 is the one that is compromised. T5 has motor neurons innervating the chest, sensory pathways bringing information to the brain about the chest, and para and sympathetic components innervating some internal organs. At this point is way to premature to foresee which parts have suffered from damage.

What we know is that his brain is just as damaged as it was before the accident! That was the part I was very worry initially. Knowing that, Jerry will have higher than normal chances of recovery due to his personality.

Even if this whole ordeal means wheelchair, there are options like stem cell treatment that he could get in China and worse comes to worse wingsuit BASE tandems which I'll be more than happy to provide the service!

airdog07
July 14th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I seen a show abut israel research for stem cell on paralyzed person, this American woman received, one year later her felling return slowly, the procedure need to be preformed in 2 week of the accident. tell maggot to heal fast nick. and keep up informed
al

nicknitro71
July 14th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I doubt Jerry will fly anywhere in the next two weeks.

Stem cell research will change forever how we look at medicine.

Americans voted twice for this retarded dictator to rule you, so that now your loved ones have to suffer the consequences.

Fuck giving someone the possibility to walk again (or live normal lives) for as long as we do not kill donor tissues.

Welcome to the new-age-dark-ages of humankind!

nicknitro71
July 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Jerry has been intubated because he was having difficulty breathing.

Everything else is still as it was.

Wednesday we will know if the spinal cord has been damaged or not.

If it has, we will do the impossible to send Jerry oversea to get stem cells within two weeks from the surgery.

He has health insurance but I do not think it covers a trip to China and treatments banned by the US government.

No matter what, he will get stem cells and BASE Jump again at the cost of me flying to China and smuggle the shit in!

lifewithoutanet
July 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the updates, Nick. All the best to Maggot. Keep us informed.
-C.

hamsandwich
July 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM
PM'ed.

Get extra stem cells; maybe he'll recover to an adult's size.

All the best Jerry.

:(

-

leroydb
July 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM
jerry, you fuk... stop this man... this is a big joke right?

if not get well soon...

Nick... make it happen brother

nicknitro71
July 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Just a note on Jerry’s accident severity. Jerry hit a wall with his head at very high speed. The force of the impact broke the helmet, broke the skull, traveled down through 8 cervical vertebrae and 5 thoracic vertebrae, then reverse its direction and broke T5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Ironically, Jerry’s count at the exit point was always a very laud count starting from 5 instead of 3!

Then Jerry’s tilted to his right side, braking many ribs, his shoulder, elbow and wrist.

If Jerry has spinal cord damage, he has only one hope and ONE HOPE ONLY: Stem Cells.

You can take all your prayers, whishes, and get wells and stick up your ass one by one because that is not going to do a thing to make Jerry walk again.

If Jerry has spinal cord damage, I will do the impossible to send the motherfucker somewhere oversea to get some shoots. And that’s going to take much more money than I will ever have even if I sold the few things I have. The worst part, we got about only two weeks to do this to increase greatly his chances of walking.

Not asking for nothing here, if you are Jerry’s friend, it’s your call to do what you wish to do.

lifewithoutanet
July 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Not asking for nothing here, if you are Jerry’s friend, it’s your call to do what you wish to do.

Let us know where and how, Nick.
-C.

waldschrat
July 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Can you guess the costs?

hookitt
July 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Can you guess the costs?

Lots ... My guess is any bit can help though.

I've heard nothing but good things about Jerry.

Fellow jumper, and rider...

NickD
July 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm neither a friend or a fanboy but knowing Russell (pBASEtobe) and Wayne Flemington (from the Perris Otter Crash) and the road they traveled I have nothing but good wishes for Jerry. Post up where we can send some dough, and I'm in . . .

NickD
BASE 194

nicknitro71
July 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM
There is spinal cord damage.

Jerry has to be in the clinic not after August 12 for better chances.

The race begins.

nicknitro71
July 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I contacted the clinic in Beijing. I am awaiting response.

I have no idea of the costs as of right now.

Please just spread the word to family and friends that they could make Jerry walk again.

I’ll post more details as soon as I can.

hamsandwich
July 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
A lot of you mofo's probably have some kind of frequent flyer points. If you can't afford cash, contact nick and pool together these points for a ticket. Nick, the airlines usually give special pricing for mongoloids, etc.

-

nicknitro71
July 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM
mongoloids sure, little non-walking non-fucking assholes I don't know :D

As soon as I have the plan together you will know.

stevenm
July 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Nick, do you have any more specific information about the nature of the injury? How bad is the damage, etc?

And tell that trannybaggin mofo that we're all hoping for him

Steve

nicknitro71
July 16th, 2008, 04:14 PM
You can read the reports for yourself if the administrator of this site allowed .TIF files.

nicknitro71
July 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
In the mean time go here:

http://www.egwingsuits.com/forum/index.php?topic=313.0

I am still waiting for the actual images, they will overnight them to me, so tomorrow I'll get a better picture of the severity of the spinal injury.

lifewithoutanet
July 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM
A lot of you mofo's probably have some kind of frequent flyer points. If you can't afford cash, contact nick and pool together these points for a ticket. Nick, the airlines usually give special pricing for mongoloids, etc.

-

Between my wife and I, we still have 60,000 miles on United which will get Maggot a round-trip ticket to Beijing from NY. Already offered that up to Nitro. So, that's one ticket covered, but obviously, he won't be traveling alone. There's still another ticket to come up with. I have another $125.00 voucher for United that I'll put towards it, too, if we want to start collecting for another ticket. Another option is anyone w/ rewards points on Amex or miles from another credit card.

-C.

hamsandwich
July 16th, 2008, 06:34 PM
that's awesome collin. i bet the airlines would help cover the second ticket given the circumstances. we just have to tell them he's a 12 year old boy instead of a miniature adult.

-a

hamsandwich
July 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
yo man, i just thought of this shniznoz, buy two one-ways instead of one round trip. then we can get rid of both of them at once.

but seriously on the 3.5% tip yo, 2 one-ways and deal with coming back later on. The second letter of the alphabet is B. Think about it.

-a

jools
July 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
OK I am pretty pissed right now but if 1 of Maggots posts have made you laugh over the years then you owe him.
I have never met him or had direct contact with him, but he has made me piss myself laughing on more than one occasion, so as far as I am concerned I owe him big time.

Nick let me know how I can help and I will all do I can.

If you have laughed over the years (with him or at him) then you owe him to, dig deep and lets make him walk, jump and take the piss again.

Julian

Para_Frog
July 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I've got 14,000 United miles Nick. All yours.

lifewithoutanet
July 16th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I've got 14,000 United miles Nick. All yours.

Step up if you've got miles to donate, but hold tight before transferring them. I've got an angle w/ United I'm working. Plus, it actually costs money to transfer them from one Mileage Plus account to another.

Oh, and Abbie... The one-way ticket idea... Probably not so feasible. I'm guessing that when you show up in China, they're looking for proof that you're going to leave at some point. ;)

-C.

Rover
July 17th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I know neither Maggot or Nick but I wish Maggot all the best and he is truely blessed in this time of need to have a mate like Nick that cares for him so.

airdog07
July 17th, 2008, 03:02 AM
airline mile is nice but he needs special transport, he sure can not sit like normal people let alone walk up the ramp, need to contact the airline first before even considering abut flying him over.

hamsandwich
July 17th, 2008, 09:53 AM
airline mile is nice but he needs special transport, he sure can not sit like normal people let alone walk up the ramp, need to contact the airline first before even considering abut flying him over.

damn, i still havent wrapped my head around how fucked magot is right now. nick will tell us what the realistic options are and then we go from there.

-

Para_Frog
July 17th, 2008, 10:06 AM
If this is some evil ploy for Jerry and Nick's penis enlargement surgeries...I'm gonna be pissed.

Nick...I've got a light week in Fed land. Can I do some legwork or something? I emailed you my office number.

hamsandwich
July 17th, 2008, 10:37 AM
You can't put any type of prank that's beyond these motherfuckers limits but I called jacobi hospital myself and Jerry IS there. This is not a joke, unlike the size of magot and nick's penises.

-

Johnny Utah
July 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM
dammit Jerry I wish you weren't in this situation

this sucks

if Jerry can get to china to get the treatment to heal the cord injury then I hope you make it happen Nick. I would guess that the medical expense for this treatment is off the charts. I'm sure you're looking into all funding possibilities you can discover. Are there any funds that help in a situation like this?

nicknitro71
July 17th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I got some bad news and some good news.

Jerry's family decided that he is going to have the surgery on his back at the Jacobi because the hospital will lose about 100,000 if Jerry leaves (the family does not know that). They got BS by the hospital to stay there. Got to love the system!

Unfortunately the Jacobi is not known for neurosurgery, by any stretch of the imagination.

Steve Boyle worked his ass off to have Jerry transferred to a team of some of the best neurosurgeons in the world. Well, now he is in the hands of butchers. Let's hope they won't fuck him up too badly.

The good news is that I found a clinic who are willing to perform stem cells treatments on Jerry. I do not think his family is going to allow it but in a few weeks Jerry will be able to make a decision on his own.

nicknitro71
July 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Thus far I have contacted clinics in China, Europe, Israel, and Costa Rica.

Costa Rica sounds the best best due to the treatments and the vicinity.

I'll keep you posted about any progress.

Let's all hope Jerry will make it through the surgery tomorrow, he's not going to be in the best hands by any means.

Hausse
July 18th, 2008, 07:14 AM
How high are the chances he will be able to walk again after a stem cell treatment?
And what's the ballpark figure for the cost?

nicknitro71
July 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I posted the initial projected costs already.

I have no clue about the his chances of walking again. This is not like playing the roulette.

All I can tell you is that with stem cells, his chances are greater, that's all.

I, other scientists, and medicine cannot guarantee anything.

All I know for sure is that stem cells will do better than just prayers.

Para_Frog
July 18th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I have a scientist friend whose opinion I trust implicitly (sorry Nick - I always call on second opinions when I have questions) who provided the following. Like she said, it's not a glowing recommendation, but if it was she or a loved one - she'd do it.

http://www.nature.com/sc/journal/v44/n3/abs/3101820a.html

http://nnr.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/20/1/5

Now, having said all that...we have to remember that Maggot is at step like 3. He needs to get to step 600 before this is even an option, but it doesn't hurt to have the pieces together.

Kid's in a fight for his life right now...in bite-sized pieces.

Keep doing what you're doing Nick. Also look in the mirror and remember that you're a tool. Accept it...and remember that's what a lot of people are gonna see when you ask them for help (Been there). Overcome it and chew on some humility baby - and keep pluggin away - for Maggot.

Hausse
July 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Hey I'm sorry it was in no way meant to be offensive, I'm just the type of person that likes to know the numbers.

I can't find the link to the costs. Could anybody help me out?

Oh and Nick I don't know if you have already seen my PM from a few days ago: I assume you are busy, do you have an e-mail where we can reach you at?

PS: I like your view on prayers...

nicknitro71
July 18th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Chris,

Fuck off! I love you man. You know I'm not good with people...well said.

Yes Jerry is like a step 3 now...why don't we all bet for once if he'll get to step 600?

I bet one buck that he gets to step 600 in two weeks.

nicknitro71
July 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Third-hand info (MDs-family-friends) says Jerry's surgery went well. All went as planned. They fused T1 to T6.

Now the real work begins.

Maggotsbroinlaw
July 21st, 2008, 10:52 PM
This is Maggot's brother in law. Nick, I appreciate what you are trying to do for Jerry but don't say we were "BS'D by the hospital." You have no idea what you are talking about. We spoke to several doctors from OTHER hospitals that we were trying to transfer him to, and EVERY one of them said it is extremely dangerous to move Jerry. So, instead of worrying about if he is going to walk again....try worrying about him losing his life. He doesn't just have a back injury. He has alot more wrong with him. Go to http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jerrymaggotpiccola that will tell you everything that is wrong instead of trying to play telephone. Post on all these sites when you know what you are talking about. As far as Jerry being in the hands of "butchers" the butcher you speak of that operated on Jerry is Dr. Tindel who happens to be the Director of the New York Center For Spinal Disorders and who also graduated at the top of his class from UPenn medical school. You are making it sound like our family is a bunch of morons that could care less about what happens to Jerry. You have no idea how hard this has been on all of us.

nicknitro71
July 22nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
If I have offended the family, my bad, someone always gets caught in the crossfire. I really do not care much what you guys believe. I am doing this so Jerry could walk again.

Many of his friends and I do not need Jerry to live only because we know he will already, that's the difference between the family and most of his friends.

Family is cool, but please do not underestimate what Jerry and his friends have in common.

As for most MDs being butchers, I stick to my guns. Unlike you, I know the education and training they receive.

Jerry did not get the best medical care at the Jacobi.

If you want to turn this into a friend-family crusade, go right ahead, but ask yourself what is best for Jerry.

leroydb
July 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
I hope that what you are doing truley does help Jerry. Thank you :)asshole:) you are a great friend to Jerry.

Maggotsbroinlaw
July 22nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
As much as you could care less what Jerry's family believes, trust me the feeling is mutual. I am not going to turn this into an internet tough guy session. Anyone can talk crap 1100 miles away hiding behind a computer. As far as Jerry's friends go, I don't underestimate anything.

I have met many of Jerry's friends at the hospital and they are amazing people that have spent countless hours sitting with us. Yet, it is so strange how almost every one of them said that they can't stand you. Gee, I wonder why?

As for most MDs being butchers, and you knowing the education and training they receive? Yeah, I'm sure you do. What medical school did you go to again?

As far as Jerry not getting the best medical care at Jacobi, let me spell it out for you slowly so you can understand....We spoke to several other hospitals, and NO OTHER HOSPITAL ADVISED IT WAS SAFE TO MOVE HIM IN HIS CONDITION. Is that clear enough? We will listen to medical doctors, not you who is some want to be mad scientist.

I am not turning this into a family-friends war, so stop trying to create drama. What you are doing for Jerry is admirable and thoughtful. Just don't come on here attacking his family like we could care less what happens to him. There is much more wrong with him then a back injury.

nicknitro71
July 22nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm done here.

Maggotsbroinlaw, I'll be seeing you tomorrow, my wife and I are flying there.

I'll be at Jerry's probably at around 8:00PM, traffic permitting.

Here is my number

(570) 332 8964

Mick,
It's been a good ride! Thanks bro...I mean it.

CRW
July 22nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
If I have offended the family, my bad, someone always gets caught in the crossfire. I really do not care much what you guys believe. I am doing this so Jerry could walk again.

Many of his friends and I do not need Jerry to live only because we know he will already, that's the difference between the family and most of his friends.

Family is cool, but please do not underestimate what Jerry and his friends have in common.

As for most MDs being butchers, I stick to my guns. Unlike you, I know the education and training they receive.

Jerry did not get the best medical care at the Jacobi.

If you want to turn this into a friend-family crusade, go right ahead, but ask yourself what is best for Jerry.

You sure do know how to fuck up a good thing.

You not only offended his family but you've also offended his friends too. It is obvious that you don't care what anybody believes. You don't care what the doctors say (including the ones at Columbia), what the family says, or what his friends say. You just care about you. You clearly have control issues and think you call the shots. Now, all these people donated money to you and not his family. Jerry and his family has needs now too. That's right, you don't care. You can use this money to further your personal agenda; Stem Cells. And, just what do you gain by coordinating this stem cell project? Professional recognition? What..? So, ask yourself your own words Nick, "What's best for Jerry"? NOT What's best for Nick.

You claim to know all about Jerry's condition when it is overly obvious that you haven't even a clue. The family and friends that have been by his side since this happened know he is in a fight for his life. But, you wouldn't know that- would you? No. You wouldn't. Cause you aren't here. Instead, you're playing a doctor on the internet. Ridiculing and belittling the family's desions. Wasn't it you who posted about positive thoughts and vibes and sticking 'em up your ass cause that's not gonna make him walk again? Well, here's reality check for ya Nick; Jerry's hanging on to life by a thread. Maybe, if you haven't pissed off all his family and friends completely, you will see for yourself. You have caused unnecessary stress and drama to his loved ones life during a very difficult time. If you think that is in Jerry's best interest, you are terribly mistaken. Look at the entire picture and quit being so selfish.

Again, it is you who is underestimating what Jerry, his family, and friends have in common. Everyone that's actually here is working together. Everybody is thinking about Jerry. Nobody here has an alterior motive.

You can bash his medical care and the doctors all you want. Again, you are not here and have not spoken directly to anybody. You opinion is grossly unimformed. In case it still wasn't clear enough for you: No doctor, worth their salt, would risk moving him. Including the doctors at Columbia Presbyterian. You are spreading false information. Just because you played with a lab rat once, does not make you an expert. Try practicing medicine with human patients before declaring unfounded accusations.

News flash, Nick: You started this unnecessary crusade. And, it's not a friends- family crusade. It's a friends and family- Nick crusade. Thanks to you.

Now, I'm looking out for Jerry's best interest. Don't fuck with his family! Stop causing undue stress and drama to the people that have been/are there for Jerry all day, every day. (Holly & Ron- like I said, my office is across the street. Give me a shout is you have a problem.)

And quit hiding behind the "I'm doing this for Jerry" line you keep repeating. Everyone here is doing just that. You are the one with a hidden agenda-and the money.

BASE1190
July 23rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Fuck you CRW. Nick took up a collection for Jerry. The money belongs to Jerry, not you, not to Jerry's family, and not to anybody else. They wouldn't even have to consider moving Jerry if the US government would get out of the fucking way instead of having bureaucrats telling doctors how to do their job.

CRW
July 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
They wouldn't even have to consider moving Jerry if the US government would get out of the fucking way instead of having bureaucrats telling doctors how to do their job.

Let me dumb this thread down for you.

The 'move' being referred to in this thread is from Jacobi Medical to Columbia Presbyterian (for the purpose of his spinal cord surgery). Approximately 8 miles.

The thought of moving Jerry out of the country can not be entertained until he is out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

avenfoto
July 24th, 2008, 01:56 PM
You sure do know how to fuck up a good thing.

You not only offended his family but you've also offended his friends too. It is obvious that you don't care what anybody believes. You don't care what the doctors say (including the ones at Columbia), what the family says, or what his friends say. You just care about you. You clearly have control issues and think you call the shots. Now, all these people donated money to you and not his family. Jerry and his family has needs now too. That's right, you don't care. You can use this money to further your personal agenda; Stem Cells. And, just what do you gain by coordinating this stem cell project? Professional recognition? What..? So, ask yourself your own words Nick, "What's best for Jerry"? NOT What's best for Nick.

You claim to know all about Jerry's condition when it is overly obvious that you haven't even a clue. The family and friends that have been by his side since this happened know he is in a fight for his life. But, you wouldn't know that- would you? No. You wouldn't. Cause you aren't here. Instead, you're playing a doctor on the internet. Ridiculing and belittling the family's desions. Wasn't it you who posted about positive thoughts and vibes and sticking 'em up your ass cause that's not gonna make him walk again? Well, here's reality check for ya Nick; Jerry's hanging on to life by a thread. Maybe, if you haven't pissed off all his family and friends completely, you will see for yourself. You have caused unnecessary stress and drama to his loved ones life during a very difficult time. If you think that is in Jerry's best interest, you are terribly mistaken. Look at the entire picture and quit being so selfish.

Again, it is you who is underestimating what Jerry, his family, and friends have in common. Everyone that's actually here is working together. Everybody is thinking about Jerry. Nobody here has an alterior motive.

You can bash his medical care and the doctors all you want. Again, you are not here and have not spoken directly to anybody. You opinion is grossly unimformed. In case it still wasn't clear enough for you: No doctor, worth their salt, would risk moving him. Including the doctors at Columbia Presbyterian. You are spreading false information. Just because you played with a lab rat once, does not make you an expert. Try practicing medicine with human patients before declaring unfounded accusations.

News flash, Nick: You started this unnecessary crusade. And, it's not a friends- family crusade. It's a friends and family- Nick crusade. Thanks to you.

Now, I'm looking out for Jerry's best interest. Don't fuck with his family! Stop causing undue stress and drama to the people that have been/are there for Jerry all day, every day. (Holly & Ron- like I said, my office is across the street. Give me a shout is you have a problem.)

And quit hiding behind the "I'm doing this for Jerry" line you keep repeating. Everyone here is doing just that. You are the one with a hidden agenda-and the money.

crw.

go fuck yourself.

nick has jerrys best interest at heart.

how do i know?

i was with him when he got the phone call.

you would have thought someone raped and killed his mother.

is everybody friends with nick?

no.

is everybody friends w/ jerry?

no.

are nick and jerry friends?

yes. very close friends. almost gay.

so nick gets all worked up on the internet and spouts off at the mouth some. so what.

if you knew anything about him you would know thats just how he is.

just like jerry. an asshole on the internet. fantastic guys in person.

just so happens to be an asshole with a phd. in neuroscience.

so he just might know a bit about the subject at hand. give him a break

were all on the same team.

and dont insinuate for a fucking microsecond that nick is going to steal the donated funds. that money is for jerry only. not his family, not his friends, not some jackass on the internet who wont even post his real name...sorry crw, but its a brotherhood outsiders will never understand.

-bryan rapoza.

rhondalea
July 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Well, Bryan, it appears that the world coming to an end...

I agree with your every word. Made me lightheaded to read it. Well said.

I'd just like to add that when Jerry is lucid enough to understand what's going on around him, he'll probably be a whole lot happier if all those who love him have found a way to mend their fences with each other.

He has far more to worry about than whether his friends and family are getting along and better things to do than mediate if they're not.

Again, very well said.

rl

Frog
July 25th, 2008, 12:30 AM
crw.

go fuck yourself.

nick has jerrys best interest at heart.

how do i know?

i was with him when he got the phone call.

you would have thought someone raped and killed his mother.

is everybody friends with nick?

no.

is everybody friends w/ jerry?

no.

are nick and jerry friends?

yes. very close friends. almost gay.

so nick gets all worked up on the internet and spouts off at the mouth some. so what.

if you knew anything about him you would know thats just how he is.

just like jerry. an asshole on the internet. fantastic guys in person.

just so happens to be an asshole with a phd. in neuroscience.

so he just might know a bit about the subject at hand. give him a break

were all on the same team.

and dont insinuate for a fucking microsecond that nick is going to steal the donated funds. that money is for jerry only. not his family, not his friends, not some jackass on the internet who wont even post his real name...sorry crw, but its a brotherhood outsiders will never understand.

-bryan rapoza.

Well said! I agree 100% with you!
Vincenzo
Italy

avenfoto
July 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
magots status is now deceased. hope he was wearing a nice watch.

imake a sketchy jump tonite for jerry.

love you all. -b

lifewithoutanet
July 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
All the best to Maggot's family and the friends who knew him best. Wish I'd been lucky enough to know him better, but the few times I met or talked to him were definitely cool.
-C.

Frog
July 30th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Noooo, Jerry, WTF!!!
I can't believe to what I've just read....
Maggot, I will never don't forget when we met and when you shitted the B we flicked together... The laughs we had once we met after avoiding to get busted also if we lost some gears...
Fly free little bastard, c-ya over the clouds one day!!!!
Ciao!
Vincenzo

P.S.: Nick, please keep my donation for funeral expenses...

jools
July 30th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the online laughs Jerry.

Nick fee free to put my donation towards hookers and blow for the wake, or pass it on to stem cell research if you prefer.

I will tag my next object in shit.
Jools

lifewithoutanet
July 30th, 2008, 09:16 AM
A couple of years ago, when Russel, Kurt, and I were driving through Vegas to somewhere else to get Russel his E, we called Maggot...I think on or around his birthday. I think it was right after Maggot had started his tagging phase, posting the pictures of tagging drywall in B's and steel on A's w/ "Official BASE Site" and the like. I still just couldn't believe he was actually doing that to objects he jumped all the time. It just didn't add up. So he starts in on how everyone's getting all freaked out online, laughing his ass off the whole time, then telling us about *how* he was actually doing it. That only made the story funnier. It was funnier still when he told me how one time it backfired and he had to climb back up after jumping and going to the store to get some cleaning supplies.

Another thing I forgot... When I lived in DC, I had a loft in Georgetown...one of the coolest places I ever lived. Parties all the time...just crazy. The number was "1072" and I'd kinda hoped that would be my BASE number when I applied, but I was a little too early... So, when I saw someone posting as "1072" after Maggot had been banned...I figured it out and thought it was damn cool that Maggot had gotten that.

I really wish I knew him better and had taken more action beyond Emails and phone calls about coming to flick in NYC.
-C.
PS Baz, that story you told me on the phone yesterday was a riot. That should definitely go here, too.

airdog07
July 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
catch you on the flip side, RIp maggot

Revelation 21:4 "He (God) will wipe out every tear from their eyes. And death will be no more. Neither will morning, nor outcry, nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

hamsandwich
August 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM
all you mongoloids out there that are supposedly tagging up objects in some half assed tribute to maggot are complete imbeciles. for one you probably never even met the guy or met him once and are children just trying to find any old cause to feel strongly about because thats what kids do best.

"maggot lives"? no dumbass, magots dead. just deal with it.

lets talk about something more productive. How about we break the last perrine bridge record and do it with a missing man slot where someone drops magot ashes? how about a missing man slot for all the fatalities this year?

johnny do you want to organize again?

-

Mac
August 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Well said.....

huckleberry
August 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
lighten up francis... or is it hammy?

ZegeunerLeben
August 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
"maggot lives"? no dumbass, magots dead. just deal with it.

lets talk about something more productive. How about we break the last perrine bridge record and do it with a missing man slot where someone drops magot ashes? how about a missing man slot for all the fatalities this year?

-

>>Best idea I've heard on the boards in a while.

Johnny Utah
August 5th, 2008, 08:52 PM
johnny do you want to organize again?-

hmmm... that's an idea

hamsandwich
August 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
lighten up francis... or is it hammy?

no, its still francis.

smell ya later.

-

avenfoto
August 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
all you mongoloids out there that are supposedly tagging up objects in some half assed tribute to maggot are complete imbeciles. for one you probably never even met the guy or met him once and are children just trying to find any old cause to feel strongly about because thats what kids do best.

-

wrong.

-some halfassedmongoloid imbecile

huckleberry
July 16th, 2009, 11:05 PM
lighten up francis... or is it hamcis?
Had to fix that for ya.

hamsandwich
July 19th, 2009, 10:14 AM
oh i'll lighten up,,, wait till halloween bro. hope its not "too soon"!

you sell that mojo ever? i might want it.

you hookin up with paul for balloon loads down there?

-

wormly81
July 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I didn't know maggot but there was one hell of a party in his honor at the Ranch this weekend. I was 6 sheets to the wind and it took me until 4am to realize I wouldnt see the event to its conclusion.

huckleberry
August 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
oh i'll lighten up,,, wait till halloween bro. hope its not "too soon"!

you sell that mojo ever? i might want it.

you hookin up with paul for balloon loads down there?

-
err.. uh.. I can't hook up shit down here... solo bro!

willz
December 7th, 2009, 07:28 AM
saw this at the dz the other day and thought of maggot (who I only met once at BD) and snapped a pic with my phone.

airjacobs
August 7th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I have met many of Jerry's friends at the hospital and they are amazing people that have spent countless hours sitting with us. Yet, it is so strange how almost every one of them said that they can't stand you. Gee, I wonder why?

waldschrat
June 14th, 2011, 11:28 AM
That's nice shit...:D (the pic)