PDA

View Full Version : Database migration

mknutson
November 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Just wanted to announce that I started moving the Blog, Reviews and Photos databases off the main Webserver, to a dedicated database server.

So far those 2 sections look good, but I would love to see if users can view and post to the Reviews and Photos just to ensure this is working correctly.

After a few days I will migrate the main Forum database. But that is a 1gb database right now, so I want to save that one for last.

mknutson
November 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I also just enabled MEMCache on the server.

Again, please post here good, bad or ugly!

mknutson
November 26th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I am also trying this post via my droid. Working great... anyone else see a speed increase?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bodee1
December 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
This is from an iPhone, and it is very fast, love the way the app sets up the forum.

bodee1
December 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Works great on iphone, The site is fast, and easy to browse using Tapatalk, the only thing I have trouble with is trying to see who is online, It says, "error you may not have permission", If that's not a error, how do I get permission?

mknutson
December 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Works great on iphone, The site is fast, and easy to browse using Tapatalk, the only thing I have trouble with is trying to see who is online, It says, "error you may not have permission", If that's not a error, how do I get permission?
Did you get the FREE Tapatalk version, or Pay $4 ??? The free version does not allow to POST, only read.

bodee1
December 6th, 2010, 05:02 PM
No I got the paid one, and sorry for double posting, it didn't show up the first time.