PDA

View Full Version : Tschech Dave fatality from Villa Ferrata July 7th

mknutson
July 8th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I am very sad to actually write this, because I jumped with Dave on High Ultimate that morning.

But from what I hear, this is what happened:

Dave and Victor where jumping a 2-way from Villa Ferrata.

Dave on Right with Tony Suit X-Bert, Victor was on left in V4.
The witness stated at about 3 seconds, Dave carved a super fast left turn into the wall and impacted. I still do not know if there was any canopy out or not.

Speculation was that the X-Bert left wing might have caught some burble from the V4, yet the right wing and tail wing inflated. This could explain the sharp left turn and fast forward speed.

mknutson
July 8th, 2011, 02:19 AM
20 Minuten Online - Basejumper tdlich verunfallt - Bern (http://www.20min.ch/news/bern/story/Basejumper--toedlich-verunfallt-30048861)

In the Bernese Oberland, it again came to a fatal accident base jumper. A 36-year-old Czech bounced against the rock wall and was found dead.

Base Jumper in Mecca in Lauterbrunnen in the Bernese Oberland is again an accident on Thursday afternoon, a base jumper killed. The 36-year-old Czech bounced against the rock wall and was found dead on a ledge.

The man was started together with colleagues from the Mürrenfluh. The disengaged Glacier Air Ambulance could only find the man's death. The rescue workers recovered the body in a wind-action.

In Lauterbrunnen coming back base jumper killed. Only a half weeks ago the police reported that a 31-year-old Frenchman was plunged into death.