View RSS Feed

Mick Knutson's BLiNC BLoG

My name is Mick Knutson. Founder and creator of BLiNC Magazine and The Original BASE Board.

This is BLiNC Magazine BLoG...
blinc-blog

1. Walking down the centerline

For way too long, I keep asking myself: "Why do ignorant people think they are cars?"

Every time I go to the store, a shop, or even to the Arena to see a show, inevitably there are several people walking in the middle of the road. They are just waddling along not paying attention to anything in the world. Then after about 200', they finally glance behind them to notice "Oh My, there is a car behind me!" And the stupidity is passed down to the children that they are walking with. Really, is it more than common sense to get the fuck out of the road.

At least that is what I was taught growing up. This IMHO, is the result of a government protecting people from themselves. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Adverture in Eagles territory...

I created a blog the other day, http://blincmagazine.com/forum/blogs...adventure.html, this talked about my adventure to Philly to See Metallica o January 17th, 2009.

I got to the ALoft Sheridan Hotel at the PHL Airport, and 1st off, BOOK your Philly trip there! It was awesome!

I spent a good deal of Saturday working on a Java class I teach, and the rest of my time trying to secure tickets to the show. I did not find any. But I did find 2 guys getting a cab that I shared or $10 to the show. Then the 1st ticket guy I saw, said he had section 112 (almost center), but might be row 20+. So I said let me see the seats. He ran to get the single ticket, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I can't believe how cold I am...

OK, so I woke this morning, and it was -22 degrees with windchill. ARE YOU KIDDING????

And Pittsburgh did not get the worst of it. I hear it gets worse by -10 to -40 degrees below.

I step out the house this morning to warm up the car. At first, seems like no big deal. Then as I am running around the car scraping ice off, the burning sting sets in.

I run back inside for shelter. saved.....

right.

Next time, I get all my warm gear back on, then my headphones to give me a break for the freezing silence of 6:00 am. When I finally get into the car and close the door, after about 15-20 seconds, I see my headphone cables are stiff as ...

Updated February 26th, 2009 at 08:16 PM by mknutson

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  4. a Metallica Adventure

I have been an Metallica fan since 1985 when a band mate, taught me 'Seek and Destroy' that I never heard before then. The same year I saw Metallica for the 'Ride the lightening' tour in Houston Texas. This was my 3rd or fourth concert ever. Iron Maiden was my first concert btw... :-O

My wife is a commercial pilot, so I get to fly for next to free anywhere, anytime. This come in handy when I am traveling for work, but until now, have never used it for any strange adventures.... (i know, I know....)

OK, so I woke up this morning in Pittsburgh PA and it was -22 with windchill. WTF! Not only am I away from home, I am freaking out about the cold. Michelle is also ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. American cars in the future...

So I am watching CNBC about an interview with the CEO of GM. They talk about "It is not easy to restructure a company that has been around for 100 years, in just 10 years".... Are you F***ing kidding me? Seriously!

I have been in the IT industry for 19 years and have restructured at least 5 times in that term.

Look at Trump, Virgin Airlines, Bank of America.

I am so fed-up with million dollar CEO's talking shit about how "I can change, I can change!"... Wait a minute, That is the Saddam Hussein 'i can change' theme proposing to FUCK Satan.....

Now I am hearing in the series, that the "Camero" is white night for GM that will single handedly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast