• Bridge Day 2010 - Newsletter

Bridge Day 2010 Preview
    Header

August 20, 2010

Hello,

The following is our annual newsletter that provides current information on Bridge Day 2010. We're sending this email to Bridge Day 2010 registered jumpers as well as those who attended Bridge Day in the past decade. If you don't want to receive emails about Bridge Day, please click on the "unsubscribe" link at the top of this email and all your problems with disappear.

Jump Passes Still Available

Header

Bridge Day 2010 jump passes and first jump course slots are still available for jumpers with 100 prior parachute jumps. Jumpers who attended Bridge Day since 2002 are welcome to simply show up at Bridge Day and purchase a jump pass at River Expeditions as long as we haven't sold all jump slots. Prices are the same as last year ($89.99) and we're going to hand out at least $1000 in cash to the winners of our BASE videofest, accuracy, crazy ID badge, and stash and dash contests. We're also giving away a new Exciter BASE harness/container that was donated by Mark Kruse with Rigging Adventures. Come join the largest gathering of BASE jumpers in the world every year.

Register Online Header

Bridge Day BASE jumping, 876' above the New River
    Our new overhead camera captures a Bridge Day 2009 jumper in freefall

Dominos Pizza - Extreme Delivery at Bridge Day

Header

Please vote for us! We need your help! Please vote for Bridge Day in the Dominos Pizza "Extreme Delivery" poll. Dominos Pizza contacted us last month wanting to include Bridge Day in their annual poll. The poll was supposed to be entirely parachuting-related with deliveries by airplane into Central Park and Area 51. I even helped them get in touch with expert skydivers who might be able to pull off some extreme skydives and I gave them photos to use to promote the poll. Of course, when the poll came out we found ourselves up against climbers and tightrope walkers and things looked grim (in other words, we got screwed). However, after determining that multiple votes are possible, we clicked away like robotic monkeys and have now incorporated an automated program to do the clicking for us. We can win this poll with your help. Currently, I have four PCs programmed to automatically click away 24/7 with plans to add 5-6 more. I'm in it to win it. We're doing this because Dominos will be giving us free pizzas at Bridge Day and some extra cash that we'll gladly hand out to jumpers if we win. So, please vote for us....numerous times. Take a few hours at work and vote, vote, vote. If you're interested, we'd love to have you be a part of our automated voting system where a simple little program can do the clicking for you on your own PC, 24/7 (see details below). Also, if we win you'll get to see some of my staff members jumping at Bridge Day in Dominos Pizza uniforms with hot pizzas strapped to their chests! Many thanks!!!

VOTE HERE: Dominos Extreme Delivery Poll
    AUTOMATE YOUR VOTING: Instructions

Skydiving at Bridge Day (UPDATE)

Header

Tri-State Skydivers, owned by Bridge Day BASE jumper Larry LeMaster, is bringing skydiving for experienced and inexperienced jumpers to Bridge Day (October 12-18) at the New River Gorge Airport (3 miles Northeast of the New River Gorge Bridge). They'll have a Cessna 182 and tandem skydives will be available for those wanting to make their first skydive (no experience required). UC3 will have rigs for people to use at the DZ if people want to jump their BASE canopies. Prices are $17 for hop and pops (4,000ft and below), $22 to 10,000ft, and $250 for tandems (reservations require a $50 deposit). Video of your jump is also available. Visit the Tri-State Skydivers web site for further information and prices. You can also contact Larry Lemaster at (740)894-JUMP(5867) with your questions. Larry is also looking for experienced jumpers to handle tandems, video, and packing. Please reference the Bridge Day schedule for operating hours.

Bill, Barb, and Jason
    Barb Casey, Jason Bell, and Bill Bird    (photo by Lonnie Kirk)

From Larry LeMaster:

We are going to try camping at the airport as well for @$5 a day, just to pay for porta pottys. It's first-come, first-served and I'm not sure how many we can have there yet. People that want to camp there need to contact me. No showers, unless we have a big demand, like 10 or more campers, then I'll get a portable unit. If we do that then camping will be more like $10-15 a day. I'll have someone there selling sandwiches during the day too. Might have a party Wednesday night (band and everything). I will be having a shuttle vehicle parked at the North end of the bridge on Bridge Day (free rides to airport and back).

View Bridge Day BASE Jumping in a Google map

Media Request

Header

The following was written by "Beyond Productions" based in Australia:

Film ReelsAre you a Base Jumping “Junkie”? Do you feel compelled to take part in base jumps, despite the risk? Do you make sacrifices in your life in your pursuit of that adrenaline rush? Have you lost friends and loved ones? Or have you put the need for a fix ahead of careers and relationships? If any or all of the above apply to you, we would love to talk to you. We are making a documentary for a major broadcaster about people who are addicted to certain behaviors or activities, including an addiction to adrenalin. We will be filming at Bridge Day in October this year and would very much like to talk to those taking part, including first-time jumpers. Adrenalin addiction is not yet well understood, and we are hoping to learn more about it from those involved first hand in extreme sports. If you would be willing to take part, please email us with your contact details and convenient times to reach you and we will call you back:

Amanda Brown
    Researcher – Beyond Productions
    Tel: 61 2 8425 2408
    Email: amanda_brown@beyond.com

BASE Videofest

Header

Now is the time to prepare for our 8th annual Bridge Day BASE Videofest held on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at the Red Dog River Saloon (River Expeditions). We're giving away a new "Exciter" dual-pin BASE rig from Mark Kruse with Rigging Adventures along with our standard offering of cash and other prizes for the top three winners. Videos can be up to 10 minutes long. Kansas City jumpers Tony "Donk" DiCola and JJ Schuster will again be MC'ing the festivities. Further information is available here.

Earn Cash

Header

Jumpers can earn cash by helping Vertical Visions find sponsors for Bridge Day 2010. We'll pay you 50% of all proceeds and you can find more information about all of our sponsorship opportunities on our Bridge Day Sponsorship page. Please contact us for further information.

Gear Rental

Header

Vertical Visions has a Troll 305 and Gargoyle container for rent at Bridge Day 2010. The harness is sized for someone around 6'4" and 225 lbs. Both parachute and container have less than 10 jumps on them. Contact us for details and pricing.

Links

Header

Forward

Know someone who might be interested in this email? Forward it.

Unsubscribe

Not interested in this email? Unsubscribe.

• BASE Advertiser Cube

• Follow Us on...

• Latest User Images

GOPR1706
    GOPR1706 by mknutson
    T&T003a
    T&T003a by speedphreak
    GOPR1878
    GOPR1878 by mknutson
    Tag teaming Mary's
    Tag teaming Mary's by Frijol Saltando
    More...