• Chamonix bans wingsuit jumps Local by-law forbids wingsuit jumps from Brevent & the Aiguille du Midi

Following the tragic death of Norwegian wingsuit jumper in Chamonix, the Chamonix mayor has banned wingsuit jumps from both the Brevent and the Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix.
    The new by-law prohibiting wingsuit jumps from these sites is in immediate effect and information panels will be put in place at the bottom of both lift stations.
    The by-law can be found online here and states that wingsuit jumps may affect the safety of other aerial sports.

• Chamonix bans wingsuit jumps

by Robin Deering | Ski Editor | published: 24th Jul, 2012

Eric Fournier, the Chamonix mayor, has said the local council will "reflect on the future organisation and the securing of wingsuit jumping in Chamonix, including the compatibility with other aerial sports".

UPDATE:

The préfecture de Haute-Savoie (regional jurisdiction department) have announced they do not have plans to ban the sport in the Haute-Savoie and that a decision along these lines would need to be national.

Read more: https://www.chamonet.com/events/news...#ixzz21mOI2xNe
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
    Follow us: @chamonet_news on Twitter | Chamonet.Chamonix on Facebook
  • BASE Advertiser Cube

• Follow Us on...

• Latest User Images

Eikesdalen
    Eikesdalen by Krusty
    GOPR1729
    GOPR1729 by mknutson
    Handheld, slider-up and took 3 second delay. 
I am using Paul's gear and not wearing my 
helmet or pads cause I loaned them to a 
friend who I death...
    Handheld, slider-up and took 3 second delay. I am using Paul's gear and not wearing my helmet or pads cause I loaned them to a friend who I death... by Greenmachine
    1083 foot antenna.
    1083 foot antenna. by Krusty
    More...