View RSS Feed

Mick Knutson's BLiNC BLoG

remember what Jack Burton always said...

Rate this Entry
This Friday is watching "Big Trouble in Little China", and I could not help but love the memorable quotes:

Jack Burton:
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
then...

Jack Burton: You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?
Thunder: Who?
Jack Burton: Jack Burton. *Me*!
Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.
Jack Burton: Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
and one of my favorites
Jack Burton: This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

the end...

Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to Facebook Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to Digg Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to del.icio.us Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to StumbleUpon Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to Google Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to My Yahoo Submit "remember what Jack Burton always said..." to ma.gnolia

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: