View RSS Feed

Mick Knutson's BLiNC BLoG

Steelers fans..

Rate this Entry
I saw a quote many years back comparing the homosexual community in San Francisco to the Obsessive Steelers fans of Pittsburgh.

The quote was "Steelers fans can be compared to a heterosexual San Francisco.".

Today, on the 'United Way' Friday, I had a glimpse. I noticed that one in ten persons wore a Steelers shirt for their casual Friday dress. Now out of about 3,500 employees, that was quite proponent.

I just thought it was un-mistakable, the overwhelming dedication to the home town sport team that I have never encountered in my life.

Submit "Steelers fans.." to Facebook Submit "Steelers fans.." to Digg Submit "Steelers fans.." to del.icio.us Submit "Steelers fans.." to StumbleUpon Submit "Steelers fans.." to Google Submit "Steelers fans.." to My Yahoo Submit "Steelers fans.." to ma.gnolia

Updated January 9th, 2009 at 09:49 PM by mknutson

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yep, the Steelers fans here can be pretty devoted, and it's pretty much the norm. It is one of those things that implicitly connects all the people... unless they're Eagles fans .

How are you liking this weather? Not quite SF, eh?
    The weather sucks so far. I want my morning fog, and 58 deg winter back !
    At least the city still has that whole industrial feel to it. How do you like it so far?
    it is suppose to be -22 windchill in the morning. I'm too cold to be able to move, let alone like anything. ;-)

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: