Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of print book "Groundrush"

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

RE: Out of print book "Groundrush"

I am also very interested in re reading that book which literally made me dream enough to start.
    <hyacinthej@yahoo.com>
    Thank you

imported_Tom Aiello

RE: Out of print book &quot;Groundrush&quot;

I got my copy at Alibris.com:

http://www.alibris.com/search/search...ches=1&qsort=r

For about 20 bucks. It was even a first edition, like the one someone is selling there now for $260.

I bet if you just keep checking back there, one will come up eventually.

--Tom Aiello
    tbaiello@mac.com

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) crwper's Avatar

RE: Out of print book &quot;Groundrush&quot;

Hey, Tom!

Just wanted to say thanks. It's because of your recommendation about a year ago that I picked the book up on Alibris. My copy has been "on tour" for the last couple of months.

By the way... We're nearly at the end of the list now. If anyone else wants to read the book, let me know and I'll put your name next in line.

Michael

Ground Rush

Michael, is your book on tour.Ground Rush - I would like to Read it. I'm in the UK and will pay for shipping to and from the uk.
    Thanks
    George

Georgechurchill@yahoo.co.uk

RE: Out of print book

Hey man. Sorry I can't help you with this. There are a finite amount in existance and that's it. I contacted Cape, the publisher, a couple of years ago. They weren't interested in a reprint then. Maybe I'll ask again. Times have changed. I never thought the book would cause such a stir! Eleven years later and still almost every weekend people ask for them. Thankyou everyone for the interest.
    Be safe.
    Jakey. Base 60.
    ps. The copyright is still owned by Cape and is indeed still in effect.

Id be really intrested in reading this book. If the list is still in effect can someone contact me at park1231@cox.net

Thanks
    Rich

zennie

I would really like to read it too. Can you put me on the list?

ted_biggs@yahoo.com

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) flummi's Avatar

gardner (and anyone else) - one advice:

DO NOT spend any money on the book (except probably a couple of bucks on shipping). IT IS NOT WORTH IT! i have read it and both in respect to informational purpose (BASE, information about it, facts) and literature (how it is written, tension, storyline) it did NOT fulfill my expectations! yeah, if you get it (like me) from a jumping buddy for reading it once, it's kinda ok. but ANY thread on the baseboard is more informative and if some people start flaming each other it's more tension and more fun than THAT book.

btw: did you get my email? :-)

greetings from good 'ole germany,
    flummi

Yes, I can lay my hands on a copy..though it's been loaned out so many times it's tattered.
    I'd like to hear from Jakey if he's around. Can someone out there let him know, please?
    Pat of Bristol.

Have sent my copy to a film producer since am unable to get another. Jakey...contact asap...unable to help otherwise. Also need favour in return if poss. Ta, you old hippy!

imported_Mac

Post to the UK Board - the book in circulation is in the UK at the moment - I think "George" has it at the moment!!!

Laterzzzzzzzzzzzz

Michael

:+

Jakeman: Your publishers won't respond again (I tried 2 yrs back myself). What's your contract say and when does it run-out? Would you be up for considering writing & sending a film script outline on BASE-ing (fiction or non)? I presently have the ear of one who you've yearned for...and, like your printed book supply, everyone in life has a finite shelf life...so get yer arse into gear and contact me PDQ, eh? My meter's almost run-out and I'm possibly about due to join the A1 broom club as a consequence.
    If you still need the (*t-shirt) illustration of your spooky BASE ego-monster(!) done again, the offer still stands but get your skates on.
    Take care; keep grooving & keep safe.
    Much love and hugs as always, :+

Jakey, patience as well as time is finite, as you of all people ought to be aware. You made things look so simple but your fuse was as short as the plaster-cast. In truth, somebody failed a simple test before disaterous commitment. Tears were impossible to come-by after that. The railway station brought a more welcome break than the motorbike did.
    If you want to grasp a hand offering help, do so quickly, eh, before the chair is kicked from under you, too.
    We are all offered chances in life, the question is whether we've the foresight to see good outcomes from our action. So the offer is on countdown. Film producers also have finite patience and schedules. I can't say fairer than that.

Who are you and what do you want? sjakeman@earthlink.net

feral

Years ago Dwain weston gave me his signed copy of this book to read I did and loved it then gave it to another mate at the time and asked him to return it to dwain when he finished with it this X jumper had a faling out with dwain and also put a small wedge between myself and dwain This took me a year to snap out of but i remember this weasel saying he was going to destroy it I am on a mission to recover it and give It to my mate in LA karin ,

But i will need some help as this person still hangs around the ABA people But if anyone knows That Dwain did have it when he was in the states then he got it back off this weasel and I wont have to take drastic help with the hepl of a certian cripple

Jakie after reading your book I wanted to jump chedda gourge So far only one aussie has Greg willcock Do you think the publisher will ever sell the rights on to another publisher as what the point of owning something if you dont want to spend anymoney to reprint it thinking it wont sell when they could let another publisher licence a shot run ?

Dwian told many people that one day he would write a book I so wish he didnt say one day it would have been such a good read the way his hole life the stories of the sheet of the cliff the things he did the way he made Aussie base safe

Putting PA out of the Base gear co he would have been proud the 8way we did off the cilff that opens fistfull of f111 everyone was jumping a fox or a flik and using a prism and reactor4 a paratec a very big step for aussie base

So if you are going to write a book do it dont worrie about a publisherpost it hear on blinc for other basejumper to read

bsbd feral}( }( }( }(
    Inject saline in your contact's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast