Thread: I just had a sl. up McLineover!

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

I just had a sl. up McLineover!

See if you can guess what that is.
    Yup. Spun into knee deep water. Wasn't able to fully clear it. Got lucky. No injuries. I suck. Gonna go eat some worms now.

RE: I just had a sl. up McLineover!

How about a slider up line-over while doing a McConkey or "roll-over"......heard about it already.

Did you have WLO or SuPeR toggles? If so, were you able to use them?

------------
    Jason Bell (BASE428)
    Email: jbell@vertical-visions.com
    Web: www.vertical-visions.com or www.bridgeday.info

McConkeys are definitely prone to line overs. If you slow the video, you will notice that when the jumper is parallel to the horizon facing up, the canopy is also facing nose up and falling at the same speed(approx.) as the jumper. This means the worst possible scenario. The relative wind is blowing directly at the tail wanting to move the tail around to the front of the canopy. Securing the brake lines into the tail gate(normal set up) for slider down and using a rubber band on a tab at the trailing edge center of the slider to contain the brake lines(or a similar configuration) for slider up should be thought of as mandatory for these exits.

Just an opinion...
    Jimmy P.

john doe

glad you're ok bra.
    keep it up.
    jd

Yea you guys got it right except that I wasn't doing the "over" I was doing the "under" because of the wind factor.
    Not only am I a dumbass but I'm also a hypocrite. Here's why:
    Recently I posted on another thread that everyone should go out and get a set of Dennis or Marta's new toggles FOR EVERY RIG THAT THEY HAVE! Well, I still needed one more pair in order to practice what I preach. So what do I go and do? I go sl. up with the only rig which doesn't have those toggles and give myself a line over. Brilliant huh!
    Secondly, as I stood at the exit point managing my canopy in the wind (the under usually requires canopy management before exit) it just wasn't inflating how I wanted it for a perfect exit. Eventually I got tired of waiting for the stupid thing and said "fuk it!" and jumped anyway.

I cut the steering line with my hook knife but that didn't clear the line over/under D, C line what ever it was I still don't know. It seemed to help slow the speed at which I was spinning but I was still unable to stop the spin even with opposite toggle input.

Lessons learned:
    1. Never say "fuk it!" and jump anyway. Duh!
    2. If you do the under make sure you inflate the canopy first.
    3. Don't be a hypocrite! Duh!
    4. Do as I say, not as I do! (Right Tom!)

Thomas,
    The one I refer to as the Under is when you have a tail wind you let the canopy blow out in front of you and then you step off backwards rear floater style. Instead of jumping out over the canopy you simply drop down under it. If done correctly it is not Black Death. I did not do it correctly.

divot

>
    >My $0.02 (which isn't worth much since I'm stuck
    >with Canadian currency :-( )
    >
    >Spence

Canadian currency....not for long....heh heh