Thread: Fox in Fine Form

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Fox in Fine Form

Beautiful thread you made when you joined with wingsuits in Yosemite, Fox, so please don't go away. And if you must, please at least re-post what you wrote in that thread every now and then. It would be a continuing and very valuable service.

And for those who don't like your methods because it doesn't match their tastes, let us remember a lesson from the Soviet invasion and occupation of, and later retreat from, Afghanistan.

The various rebel groups disagreed over the best way to kill the Soviet soldiers (mostly Russians), and they wasted a lot of time and energy fighting with each other about the best way to kill Russians.

After a while, it finally dawned on them: "We don't have to agree on the best way to kill Russians; we only have to agree that we _should_ kill Russians."

So they stopped fighting with each other (mostly) and started killing Russians in their own favorite way and letting the other rebel groups do the same.

And it worked.

It's working for us too. Everybody has a slot that works best for them to help us all reach that one goal we all agree upon:

ACCESS

On the other hand, fighting with each other over the best way to get access can be fun and entertaining, and sometimes even useful.

Intelligence often emerges from the interaction of conflicting elements, so a little intramural jousting is always in order.

But history shows that insurgent movements generally only work when they go at their target from all angles.

There are many ways to go at the National Park Service; we all know how many times they've stepped in it and on it ( sometimes on video...) . The Fox outlined a few, Jason provided a wonderful one, and even those disagreeing with the Fox made some contributions.

Let the games... continue.

Love,

Robin

RE: Fox in Fine Form

I too hope you don't go away. I love reading your posts.....and i really enjoy your taste for the game! Keep at it!

peace & blue skies....brenda

RE: Fox in Fine Form

'tis a disturbing day when we compare the killing of any human being to that of BASE

Wake up, booger brains

I'm sure the hundreds and thousands women and children bombed, butchered napalmed and machine-gunned by those "human beings" whose deaths you lament are just delighted to hear of your chagrin... not to mention all the children who continue to have their arms and legs and bodies blown to pieces by the cute little land-mines-disguised-as-toys that the Russians left lying around there by the tens of thousands.

Comparing Afghanistan to Yosemite was the use of analogy to increase understanding, and as MENSA says, understanding analogy is the turest test of intelligence... a test you have SADly FAILED.

The point of the analogy was to examine the principal premise, which is: Effective insurgencies attack their targets from all angles.

That was it. Now stop picking your nose or your head will cave in.

RE: Wake up, booger brains

To compare the loss/butchering of ANY live to ANY cause....to walk in their footsteps...is the sadness I express....for whom is more innocent in war than the children..

Their deaths are true, and while all truth may not seem beauty, all truth can strengthen our humanity. Then however irresolute, we will find the compassion like Hamlet to hold in our hands the skull of a beloved friend, look on it and say
    "Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft"

SAD to find your own enemy sometimes lies within?

You're a SAD whining weasel

If ye believe so strongly, albeit incoherently, in what ye sayeth, then why, forsooth, dost thou hidest behind yon skirt of anonymity?

A bonnie whining weasel ye be, and apparently thou hast been picking thy nose again since last ye penned a missive, for your brain be-eth further afield from good sense than before.

But be of good cheer, booger brains, for alas there be more of ye than me in this world, and ye shall never want for the company of fellow nosepickers. Forsooth and with all dispatch, I be foreborne of this vestal yigurd and collin on the jabberwocky of thine soul argle bargle morble whoosh....

RE: You're a SAD whining weasel

Snivel on young pupil snivel on....