Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super BASE . . .

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Ray Losli

RE: Super BASE . . .

I am not saying I know the secret that you swore on your mothers life you were not going to tell, but....
    My head might be ready to blow up from to much info too, but...
    .....dont say any more.. He ..He

...Ray Losli...

Live up-date from Houston rehearsal. Start watching about 45 minutes before kickoff. You may enjoy Willie, you willie will enjoy Aerosmith.

zennie

For anyone that is in Houston,

If you want to have a little pre/post game fun, give me a call.

832-865-6823

460 & I can show you some of Houston's other "attractions". :-)

clint

Should be great to watch! GO ..................

(Br)Karen called to say she couldnt post from Houston because she cant remember her BLinc username and password. She says the practice jumps had members of Aerosmith wearing BASE rigs and here's how the show is scheduled to go.

Aerosmith will play "Dream-On" as it's finally, and on the last note, the five jumpers will launch, sequentially, from the rafters of Houstons Reliant Stadium. In order it will be Marta, Jimmy, Tim, Jeb, and Anne. When Anne lands the National Anthem will play and the Super Bowl will begin.

Hang onto your hats ladies and gentleman . . . !

Nick :-)
    BASE 194

zennie

Man I sure hope the GC got good video because the network cameramen were awful. x(

Still, very, very cool jump. Congrats guys!

Rod

Just saw it. That was cool!!

Didn't quite understand why the band was wearing the BASE rigs, but at least Steven Tyler wasn't lip sync'n like Willie and Tobi.

Also, just curious Zennie, were the "Call the local" rules followed on this one?

Rod

keely

Yeah, WTF? Very cool jump and the network cameras hardly caught any of it. You couldn't even tell that it was a BASE jump. It looked like maybe something went wrong with the timing. I thought it was supposed to look like it was the Aerosmith guys doing the jump, especially since they had (empty) rigs on. Did anyone else notice Joe Perry's rig was open with nothing in it but a pull-up cord? :-)

Anyway, that was a really cool jump. Congratulations to the jumpers! Hope we'll get to see some better footage later! ;-)

BSB&D ;-)
    Keely

yexotay

wasn't that NASA gear that they had on...you know the whole space suit preview and stuff.

Live report from Reliant Stadium...............

Well, Aerosmith ARE Rockstars, and the cameras were on them. The BASE jumpers were for sure a HUGE hit with the stadium crowd! Not much coverage from CBS, but really, it was AWESOME! All the BASE jumpers are stars, and did an excellent job. The guys in Aerosmith are way cool, and they were very stoked to have BASE as part of their gig. Iiro was in the stands, I'm sure he'll have a comment when he gets on-line......

brits

Lol, yeah I noticed the pull up cord on Perry's rig too, whuffo friends didn't understand. Well, we're still here in houston if ya'll want to go make another jump... i believe zennie gave out the digits. C ya!

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) QuickDraw's Avatar

RE: Live report from Reliant Stadium...............

Any details on the jump itself ?

I just watched some footage Quade has put up on dizzy, and as has already been stated, there isn't anything on the exit etc..

A way cool thing to stick in anyones c.v. though.

I also noticed that they were not immediately arrested. :o
    --- Hope you don't die. ---

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) QuickDraw's Avatar

RE: Live report from Reliant Stadium...............

oops...posted twice, moderator please delete.
    --- Hope you don't die. ---

clint

I thought it was all set up good but I believe it was supposed to be that when they fell from space and then the last part when entering the stadium they should have jumped from the stadium, land near the stage and run behind it. Then Areosmith was supposed to come on stage with the empty rigs. Making it look like Areosmith did the jump! That is why there logo's were all the canopies?
    That seems then it would've been the way to go but I bet CBS didn't want that to happen for some reason?
    We'll have to hear what really happened.

It doesn't make sense to me the way they did it?

It was ausome to see canopies in the air during the SB though! Hopefully there will be more to come!

When Phil Smith, BASE number 1, and his good friend Andy Smith, static lined their round canopies from the inside of Houston's Astrodome in 1981 (Phil's Piglet had the hot modification of having the stabilizers cut off) they really arent too sure what they are doing. This is an era in fixed object jumping when people are still just trying stuff.

They tried test-dropping Cruislites and other ram airs of the day, but they kept landing in the stands. So they went with rounds. About 60 thousand fans of an auto Destruction Derby saw them the first time they jumped from the inside of the domed stadium. They had sneaked into the rehearsals and started doing tests like they were supposed to be there. After that they are hired to jump into a big league Astro's baseball game. It goes great and Phil Smith, wearing an Astro's uniform, delivers the game ball. Phil calls the jump the greatest of his career.

Im sure the fans in the stands are amazed at the expertise displayed at this years Super Bowl, but its even better than that, the best of us just pulled off a BASE jump in front of an estimated 250 million people and none of them are the wiser.

Now, thats BASE . . . .

Nick :-)
    BASE 194

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast