Thread: bridle routing

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    claus

bridle routing

dear friends

this happend after a day at a freefly feastival .6 of us who never jumped together went for a sunset load to a local bridge about 80meter

-one guy jumping a vertigo 2pin rig very stiff and new

-after a check i found bridle going from bottom to the top?he said his mentor said its good for low stuff.i have never seen it.jumper has about 30 jumps (mentor unknown.)

-is this been done before and imissed out on the latest gig or was he simple looking for some extra fun and hesitation.

greetings claus

he didnt jump he routed the bridle the old fashion way .coming out at the top and down to the bottom

imported_Tom Aiello

RE: bridle routing

I've never jumped with the bridle routed that way. But I can't see a reason that it wouldn't work. And it does seem like it might be better for hand held (since the bridle has less potential to catch on the bottom corner of the container).

You should have let him jump it so we could see what it was like. :-)

On a related note: I have jumped (often) the bridle routed out through the middle (between the pins), then up to the top and down to the bottom. I believe that Paratech was the first to do this, but I've tried it on Perigee Pro and Gargoyle and it works well for making sure your pins can slide and keeping the bridle out of the top airflow. It's better on the "tuck across" rather than "tuck around" style closure (since you have to be careful to keep the bridle out in front on the "tuck around" closure), but appears to work with both. Does anyone have any thoughts on this method?

--Tom Aiello
    tbaiello@mac.com