Thread: Terminal Multi-Point Attachment Question

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    squirrel

Terminal Multi-Point Attachment Question

heading over to Italy, and was wondering if there's any benefit to using a multi-point bridle attachment on terminal jumps... is center cell stripping an issue at terminal?

c-ya

RE: Terminal Multi-Point Attachment Question

good questions

you wrote
    " AM heading over to Italy, and was wondering if there's any benefit to using a multi-point bridle attachment on terminal jumps... is center cell stripping an issue at terminal?"

as for the 1st question, i'll pass on that for BR to answer since I am not yet qualified to voice an opinion of the efficacy of the multi-bridle, soon though since i have just aquired one 8-).

as for the second question.............
    or perhaps the question should be more properly asked, "does center-cell-stripping occur more at terminal than on lower speed jumps?"

yes,
    think about it.

at which end of the velocity range would one be more likely to experience greater center-cell-stripping?

A) when the canopy is decelerated from ~ 60mph to effectively zero after a 3 second delay?
    or
    B) when the canopy is decelerated from > 100 mph to effectively zero when at "terminal"?

hint 1; F=Ma
    hint 2; Newton's First Law of Motion.

if the answer is not obvious please contact Anne or Todd at BR 909.940.1324 for their input, they know more about their product than you or i.

stay safe,

kleggo

Kleggo is correct.

If you could only see the unfolding that goes on behind your back after deployment you would use the multi bridle attachment on every jump.

At terminal velocity it would be a better deployment sequence to use a bag, pod, or sleeve. These give added control of line stretch and canopy unfolding. But increases other problems such as off heading openings and the possibility of baglock. Which doesn't exist if you don't have a bag.

A multiple bridle attachment will pick up the pack job without the center cell strip and without the tail pockets weight falling. It helps to unpack your canopy more in the reverse order you packed it rather than just pulling on the center cell and dumping the rest in the sky.

This procedure at any speed is a benefit.

Don't forget to intelligently choose your size pilot chute for these air speeds. This will also reduce the center cell strip.

Anne

This procedure at any speed is a benefit.

While we agree to deep deployments we?...
    Have you seen an increase in on heading openings slider off?

So far we have not...

Get yourself some low airspeed photos of both no multi and multi, then reconclude your assertions. You might wanna work on your body positioning, or any of the other mutitudiness factors that contribute to off heading openings. The multi is just one less factor to worry about...

Look at the facts Jack

I repeat after reviewing numerous jumps the multi has not shown to increase my slider down on heading performance.....maybe tis thou that needs to rely on said multi....for your body position..

when you have a broken limb 'tis ok to use a crutch...merci

I wouldn't call it a crutch, just one more thing to help increase on-heading performance. Get some photos and video of hundreds of jumps - that is the only way to get a true answer as to it's validity. But, you must admit, ideally the multi tis a good idea...