Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kjerag Incident

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

RE: Kjerag Incident

All I can say is sorry JJ... This one of the NC jumpers there earlier in August. Rob was definitly a bad ass making the exit point, jumping and landing before we had made it to Smell.

I didn't get to finish but... Greatest of condolences to everyone there and all his friends.

Yuri

http://home.anet.ee/~outrager/rob.jpg

Other people did go out of their way for Rob. He was worth it. There wasn't a better Christmas present on a chilly night in AZ then to find out it was not Rob's knee pad stuck half-way up the ladder... JJ, thank you for all. Rob, fly high!

bsbd!

Yuri.

Mumi-dom is empty.

sean

condolences to family and friends.

BASE needs men like Rob , men who will push the limits.

Rob and Jim helped me to fly wingsuit again.

Thank you Rob.

Fly safe Jim.

imported_mknutson

[h1]#####[/h1]
    I really have many thing to say but just really can't!!!

This really hits hard!

Yesterday I received an email from JJ telling me how quiet Lysebotn had become. In fact, he and Rob were the only people jumping. I fired thru a quick response to both him and Rob to see when we could next meet up. There seemed a better than even chance I would see Rob again in Arco where I hoped to get some more tips on flying my wingsuit.
    This morning when I looked at the base board and saw the first header, I knew that one of my friends was dead. It was just a question of "who."
    Unfortunately Rob, you won't be there to give me the pointers that I am going to need. Instead I will have to recall the things that you said less than a month ago. The hard thing is I can't hear the advice but rather I keep seeing a smiling face. The images change from sites in Arizona, Switzerland and Norway. How can I forget that long climb in the cold on Christmas morning? What about kicking back and watching the sun go down from Saguaro? When I did my 100th from exit 4 in the wingsuit it was you, JJ and Shaun who shared the good vibes with me. We all agreed that life couldn't get any better than lying on the roof of the boat on a beautiful day after a great flight over the fjord.
    Rob, you have ability, humility and passion. I say "have" and not "had" because these traits are so strong in you they won't fade into memory.
    Your mate, Neil

JJ thank you for the care you did

Rob really will be messed by many people around the world. I will keep him in my mind as always smiling, kind and positive men.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends

Rob keep flying!

Alexi

George

Damn. Blue skies to you Rob. Never got to BASE jump with you but I'll always remember the skydives we did in Tahoe and Perris.

How many fatalities have there been this year?

imported_mknutson

Counting the one Yuri posted about a man 9 days ago, does this make 11?

Thats a large percentage of the total number on Nicks list...roughly 17%...I hope this is just a spike...

imported_mknutson

I think the worst year aside from this one, totaled around 5 deaths. We have hit 200%+ more this year alone.

I'm so sorry to hear about Rob, My thoughts go to all friends and family.
    Thanks Rob for the kind advise you gave me on doing my first jumps from Kjerag this July. You gave me confidence and self assurance, you gave me time and patience. Much respect to you for doing in what you belived in.

George

So sad news...

Rob was one of the nicest and kindest guys I have ever met. I cannot ever forget his smiling face after having huge bowl of food or a great wingsuit flight.

He was so supportive and helpful when I was in Norway this summer having my first base jumps. He will be missed...

Condolences to family and friends.

Be safe you all out there,
    Anna

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast