Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kjerag Incident

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

RE: Kjerag Incident

I had a great hike, and a crazy 3-way with Rob the day of the fatality at Haarstadnebba. I`m glad I got to know him!

My condolences to his family and nearest,

Espen Fadnes

Rob,
    Thank you for being such an insperation. Talking to you and watching your build up jumps from #4 1/2, I learn't so from you this summer. The human race would never have made it down from the trees with out pioneers like yourself.

Condolences to every who's life Rob touched. Today we lost one of the best, in every sence.

Greeny

"WHEN DREAMS CONVERGE WITH REALITY, LIFE IS TRULEY BEING LIVED. THIS IS A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM.

WITH LOVE,
    ROBERT "

This was the final message I received from Robert. I can proudly say I am one of the first people he met coming to california. What a sould this man had. Anyone who knows him will contest to this. I am so sad.

Gidy-up Robert.
    jeanie

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Fly free Rob....

keely

Fly on, Rob!

http://www.square1.com/Graphics/general/rob.jpg

Rob is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. He has been and will continue to be a very positive inspiration for many people in both the BASE jumping and skydiving communities.

I don't think I've ever seen him without this beautiful smile on his face, and I don't think I've ever heard him say anything even remotely negative.

It is very good to know that he spent the last few months of his life in such a beautiful and spiritual place. No doubt he will rest in peace :)

Love you Robert Tompkins!

Blue Skies...
    Keely
    :'(

To Rob's BASE Family,

Hi, I am rob's older sister and I was deeply touched by eveyone kinds words and support at this terribly sad time. I found comfort and peace in knowing that my brother touched so many people's live in a postive way. Rob was my "positive energy." You could feel it all around him. His smile was his trademark. It lightened up everyone' day.

Rob died loving what he did. He lived his life to his fullest. He died happy.

I will truly, deeply, honestly, sincerely miss him

He was an inspiration to us all. You were an inspiration to him. For that I thank-you.

Fly forever rob. We love you.

Michele

RE: Fly on, Rob!

Holy Sh........
    I was hanging out with Rob that day at Bridge Day 99 when he did his first jump. I remember vividly talking to him about the jump. I was totally impressed by his natural awareness to just continue into his second flip when he needed to. I thought to myself "Wow, this dude is gonna be one hell of a base jumper." Then I don't think I ever saw or heard of him again. Always wondered what was up. I guess he had it goin' on in a big way. That's rad that he did so much is such a short time. Nice Rob!
    My heart goes out to all who knew him.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

Peace
    Have Fun
    Faber

Being dead but not dead BASE #!
    Nominated by Spiderman...

Rob the mack daddy

Rob came to be a great friend to both Marta and myself over the past 4 years. First at Perris and then he would come out to see us in Moab. Rob would always bring something for the house, a candle, a poster, whatever. He was such a contrast from his tatooed coverings and long hair to the way he was so quiet and polite. Back in Perris when I would have the "after hours parties" I always had one wall covered in paper with a black light for people to paint on. It always cracked me up because as sure as the sun was going to come up, at some point Rob would dip all of his fingers into different paints and begin to work to the time of the music. Without fail, by the end of his show he would have a group of people gathered around watching him work, more to view his intensity than what he was doing. His loss is one of those things that you can't put into words. It's more of an empty crushing feeling inside knowing what we will miss. I guess we'll all see you again, but not yet, not yet.
    Your friend,
    Jimmy

SwissRob

RE: Rob the mack daddy

Just got back from drinking heavily after hearing from Mik about Rob’s death! I’m shocked and really sad to have lost such a close friend! I really can’t find the words right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it.

Fly on my friend, you’ll be missed!!!!!

Condolences to family and friends!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Swiss ROB

I AM SAD.
    ROBBIE WAS MY FRIEND, I ADORED HIM. IF YOU MET ROB YOU WOULD REMEMBER HIM, HE WAS LARGER THAN LIFE, YET HE HAD AMAZING HUMILITY. I HAVE KNOWN ROB HIS WHOLE LIFE, WE GREW UP TOGETHER. WE WERE UNLIKLEY FRIENDS. ME AT HOME WITH MY 3 SMALL CHILDREN AND A MINI VAN, ROB LIVING TO JUMP OUT AND OFF OF THINGS. OUR DREAMS WERE DIFFERENT BUT OUR RESPECT FOR EACH OTHERS DREAMS AND OUR 30 YEAR HISTORY MADE US FAST FRIENDS. I LOVED TO HEAR WHAT ROB WAS UP TO, HIS PASSION WAS CONTAGIOUS. I SAW ROB SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE HE LEFT FOR EUROPE. I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD OR THOUGHT SO DEEPLY. HE WAS SO FUNNY AND WISE. CHILDLIKE IN HIS ENTHUSIASM AND LOVE OF LIFE. AFTER I RECEIVED THE NEWS LAST NIGHT, I WENT TO SEE MY LITTLE SISTER AND BE WITH HER WHEN I TOLD HER THE NEWS. SHE AND ROB WERE KINDERED SPIRITS. ALL I SAID WAS, IT'S ROBBIE, WITH THAT SHE KNEW. AFTER A MOMENT SHE LIFTER HER HEAD AND SAID, WAS HE JUMPING? I SAID YES, TO THAT SHE SAID THEN GOOD FOR HIM!
    ROB WAS TRULY ONE OF THE BEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER KNOWN. I AM NOT SAD FOR ROB, HE LEFT THIS LIFE LIVING HIS JOY. I CRY FOR HIS PARENTS AND HIS SISTERS, THE LOSS IS OVERWHELMING. I CRY FOR THE VOID THAT IS LEFT FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAD THE PRIVLEDGE TO KNOW HOW AMAZING HE TRULY WAS. YOU WILL BE SORELY MISSED, KRIS

RE: Rob the mack daddy

when i was flying towards the wall in lauterbrunnen with line twists and a 180 it was literally your voice in my head rob that was saying, "just kick off that rock!" i am not kidding and there hasn't been a day since then that i have forgotten it. the world seems emptier without you in it, rob. thank you so much for being such a true brother. i owe some of the happiest days of my life to your presence. i will ALWAYS remember your smile and your incredible appitite for everything. so sorry to the family and many, many friends.

long live MD#6!!!!!
    much love, ginny MD#8(unt#1

michele,

rob spoke often of his family and it was clear that he loved and respected you dearly. thank you for your kind words.

ginny

I met Rob in Norway this year and immediately knew he was someone special with exceptional talent and warmth of character. You will be missed friend.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

my condolances and thoughts go out to Robs family and friends .
    Rob was such an amazing person and had such passion for our sport. Yes we love his qoute...
    My passion is Human flight...and then he would grin.
    Robs smile and attitude are a rarity and will be missed sorely.
    there is so much to say but how do you say it.i loved the time we spent with Rob and will miss him and his amazing energy that radiated from him.
    so so sad.
    peace love and mungbeans...7....xxxxxxx:-(

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast