Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kjerag Incident

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    VRANK

Michele Murasso

-Michele-
    My condolances to you and other family.I share your grief.I am one of Rob´s many friends.Very recently I had the pleasure of jumping with your brother in Norway.After I returned home I had some pictures developed which I wanted to send to him.Perhaps you would like them?If so please contact me at the address below.For now I wish you the very best for the difficult times ahead. VRANK vranklp@hotmail.com

Vikingblood

RE: Kjerag Incident

Fly free forever Rob !!!

I met you the day you came to Norway with J.J. Below a crane in Sandnes "262 feet" You and J.J were staying at a lokal base jumper house to leave your gear before you went on to Switserland, and they took you to this crane and I was rung up by VeeBee and ask to come and join.

That was my first meet with you, later on you met my family, and my youngest son 7 years of age you tought how to jump backwords and forward summersaults on a trampoline, you were so good with kids all together and allways smiling.

I am so happy to be among those who have met you, and the privilige to have jumped with you.

I have really lost a good friend, :'(

My deepest Condolences to family and friends!!!

Stig Knudsen

Sandnes, Norway

Slava

This is sad news... I am lost for words too... It is too awful be the truth... My condolences to his family and friends...

Rob! I shall remember you...

The Sky for you can never be too high...

This is Rob's "little" older sister, Melissa. My brother was/is a best friend to me all my life. It makes me happy to hear so many kind words and to know others know him as I do. In looking through some of his papers I came across a quote he jotted down in an old address book:
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible."

He lives this with humility and in doing so he will always be an inspiration. Thank you for loving my brother. I hope to see the mountains in Kyerag he flies from soon.

Thank you Jim for being there.

Much love to all,
    Melissa

Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there, I do not sleep. I am the diamond glint on snow. I am a thousand winds that blow. Floating with the clouds in my God's embrace; gazing at His wonderous face.

Rob, we will be with you in eternity.

I met Rob skydiving at Perris, and like everyone says, his smile and energy was always an inspiration. He is absolutely one of the classiest, nicest, most sincere people I have ever met. My deepest, deepest condolences to his family and all his friends. I will miss you dearly, Rob. If anyone has an address for his family, I would love to send some flowers... Please email me with any info... freeflynu@aol.com

My first sight of Rob-a "few" years ago, dapper in a black tuxedo, doing handstands on the edge of a dock at his big sister's wedding. You could dress him up but you couldn't keep his feet on the ground. My only conversation with Rob-Spring Sushifest 2002. In a few short hours he inspired me with his enthusiasm and passion for his vocation--and life. And yet he never made me feel foolish for choosing to remain earthbound--what a generous and respectful soul! Generous for sharing his energy, his dreams, his knowledge, his experience--How did he manage to lift so many spirits and yet never seem weighed down? And respectful of the lives he touched, the earth he travelled...Rob told me no matter where he jumped he always wanted to leave things as he found them, to never leave anything behind. I know he didn't leave me the way he found me-his beautiful impression will be everlasting.
    How could you lock your spirit inside flesh and blood and bone
    How could you reach out to the world when your arms were just so long
    God needed another angel and you already knew how to fly
    God needed another angel so I'm trying not to cry
    God needed another angel--now there's no limit to your sky

I WAS THERE THAT SAD DAY!!!!!!!

My family and I had the privilage of meeting Rob and the unfortunate experience of watching Rob's final moments. My mother father and I had walked up to kjerag for a view. It took us 3 hours to get there. Most of the hike there was no one behind us but after 2 and a half hours a man came flying up behind us. As we were running out of steam from the hike he looked like he had some left for himself and us. He asked if we were coming down and we said we were just on the way up. He said,"WE WERE IN FOR A REAL TREAT". That he was going to the lighthouse. He said it was no hurry for us to get there because there were jumpers behind him that were slower then him he laughed. It was six o'clock when we got there and he was preparing for his jump by doing stretches and thinking as he looked over the fjord. He kept talking to us letting us know what was going on. He said he would let us know when he was going to jump so that we would not have to hold our cameras for ever. An hour and a half went by and the other 3 jumpers had jumped off the cliff facing the fjord. It was getting late and we were not the fastest hikers in the world. He asked the time we said 7:30 and he assured us we would make it out ok before it got dark. He looked at us with his last words and said,"I'm ready to go now it'll be just a few seconds". And after a few seconds he jumped, and not only did he jump but he did a back flip off what I have come to know as exit 4. I was amazed to see what I was seeing. As he came out of the flip he sailed forward only to realize he was closer to the ground then I think he anticipated. I hope this can help all of you who are grieving for his loss. As I only had the privaledge of knowing him for that short time I could tell he was a HELL OF A GUY!! I will try to respond to all replies directed towards me! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

I was there- here's my e-mail

My name is Ryan and I along with my family witnessed Rob's last jump. My e-mail is jones93jr@yahoo.com

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

I met Rob only a year ago. We were on a road trip, planning to jump in Arizona, Nevada and Utah. I had a cliff strike in Arizona (the first jump of the trip) and i nearly broke my foot off. I waited almost five hours in the desert, before the ambulances and the helicopter arrived. Rob held my hand, comforted me and kept me calm. I never got a change to thank him for saving my life.

You are missed. RIP

Iiro
    :'(

Rob touched everyone he met in a way that is hard to express. He was a paradox; carefree and laid back while at the same time focused and intense. Rob had a wonderful sense of humor and he loved and respected life and everyone in it.

Rob had it all figured out, he knew what he wanted to do and simply did it. Something most of us have never, and will never, have the courage to do.

We all lived vicariously through him. After watching his videos, we were secretly astonished that he had lived as long as he had, while at the same time we wanted to believe that he was invincible. Deep down inside of us, we all longed to be more like him.

Rob's passing has created an incalculable void in all of our lives, but perhaps the way he lived his short but happy and fulfilled life can teach us to live our lives more like he did, doing what we love.

Follow your dreams!

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Robert several years ago while he was visiting his sister in Upstate NY. I work very closely with his sister, Melissa ,and I knew he was a very special man before I ever met him personally. As first impressions go, I was intriqued by his beautiful tattoos peeking out from above his socks and his long ponytail that was almost to his waist. But what I noticed the most was his ever present smile and quick laugh-still the first things I see when I think about him.
    I remember he was hired practically on the spot and on his first day at work we needed a reindeer to pull Santa's sleigh through the studio and Robert immediate jumped in whenever there was a need. What a first day he had!! Antlers and all, he made a great reindeer!! From that moment on, I knew that we had in our midst a unique, humble, self-confident man that we could only stand back, watch and learn.
    Robert is a wonderful actor too, - I'm sure that doesn't surprize anyone. I had the pleasure of directing and even choreographing - always including his infamous flips.
    His gifts are endless. His biggest gift is the gift of himself and how he touched all who had the pleasure of meeting, playing, jumping and working with him.
    The last time I saw him he generously spent some time before leaving for Europe to swing by the old workplace to say "hi". He was beaming from head to toe about going to Europe to jump everywhere!.
    He shared with us the video he was working on of all his jumps and we saw his passion, his excitement and love for what he was doing.
    I thank all the base jumpers that share his passion, that watched over him, and befriended him wherever he was.
    I commend all of you who follow your dreams and do what you love.
    Rob flies on in my heart always.

It is a pleasure to know and love such a wonderful family. I wish you peace.

My wish for Robert's base friends is to continue on seeking that next flight as Robert is doing .....

Wondering about services

To Michele or Melissa- My name is Chris and I jump at Fingerlakes skydivers. I have known Rob since he started skydiving with us. I am deeply sorry for your loss and can tell you that you are not alone. I so sad today as I just found out. I will miss him greatly. I was wondering if there were any services for Rob planned. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it.
    ccowden@hotmail.com
    I love you Rob- Be in peace-
    Chris

We are touched beyond words to read all the comments concerning our treasured son Rob. We know very well what you write in regards to his character, personality, positive energy, the love of meeting new people, his adventuresome spirit, the love of new challenges, and his heartwarming smile.

He was always a joy to us. He made us cry with laughter, made us proud by his kindness, his caring, and his morals. He always kept us stepping as a child and we knew he loved to try anything with the true belief in his heart that all is possible.

Besides his beautiful smile, we loved his strong hugs. We still feel them and we will always feel his presence in our hearts.

Thank you all for your kind words. What a comfort we get from the out-pouring of love.

To those of you who take flight, from Rob, we say,
    "Blue Skies". From us, who are more terra firma lovers, we say, "Happy Trails, God Bless, and may Rob's spirit bring you smiles". Love, Bob & Joan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast