Thread: Stuff hanging off antennas

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) skydive1224's Avatar

Stuff hanging off antennas

So I just found this 376 freestander. Very exciting. It gets gradually skinnier like any Antenna does, but the last 50 feet or so gets drastictly thinner. On 1 of the 3 sides at the top fifty feet there are 6 oval shaped bars sticking out. The oval consists of 2 elongated "C"'s overlapping each other on the top an bottom to form an oval shape. Then an "S" shape pole going through the oval. I'm guessing they are 3 to 4 feet tall and there are like 5 or 6 sticking off the one side. Anybody know what these might be? Thanks for the help.

Bryan

Bryan

Re: Stuff hanging off antennas

I posted this a while ago..........http://www.radhaz.com/files/Emedocx2.pdf It pretty much explains, in depth, how to manage your exposure to radiation.

find the ASRN - antenna structure registration number (it's usually a 7 digit number placarded right at the bottom of the structure itself or nearby on a fence) Querry the FCC database with this number and you will get all the radiation and height info you want.

Plug that ASRN in the top left field on this page http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrS...tionSearch.jsp

Search page for TV and FM/AM radio stations. Try to find the info you need to fill in the fields
    http://www.fcc.gov/searchtools.html

-Bryan

edited to say: I guess I lied, the tower number is only for the structure. Most jumpable towers have more than one source of radiation owned by different companies. All have different call letters so you'll have to do some additional research. You'll have to find out who the primary owner is and any subsequent tenants to find out how much power is coming out of each source. Snoop around the tower and pay attention to signs on the outbuilding doors. write down important looking numbers; like fcc registration number and company. (which is different from the ASRN).

www.berkana.com/tower is also a great resource for finding out who is on what tower.