Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Author seeks info on BASE pioneer John Carta

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Author

Re: Author seeks info on BASE pioneer John Carta

Tom:

Well, then I owe that man an apology, and thank you for correcting me. So in return, now that I understand his intentions with that salutation, I wish Quickdraw well: "I hope you don't die." What an interesting experience this thread has been. To step into the middle of a deep-seated animosity between two groups (and for some very good reasons--I read on Nick's site of the heartbreaking death of that woman in Yosemite in a protest jump some years ago, who had had used her B equipment because she knew the Park Service would seize it at the landing zone, and may have died because she didn't have her best gear).

Maybe such conversations are the solution to war.

Thanks again, Tom.

Methinks there may be some lessons learned here (hopefully).

Good luck with your book Mr Double-Barrel. I hope some of your NPS colleagues read it.

Respectfully,

Skin.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) QuickDraw's Avatar

Sorry for any confusion back there, my post was more of a 'wise-crack' than anything, and the sig-line is carried from my skydiving (thanks Tom ).

There are plenty of people i wished would die, but you won't find any/many on the BB's i pass through, & certainly not a stranger.

I think there's been plenty of dying been done already.
    --- Hope you don't die. ---

I dont know if any one is still checking thread i just joined today to find info and see if there were any blancks i could help fill in about my late friend John Carta.
    When he died in the plane crash he was recovering from a broken back sustained during a building jump in Oakland(he invited me to jump with him it was a little low for me at that time)A brake line came loose causing a lineover.When he moved to Santa Rosa he became my neighbor.I am happy to give more info on ideas he was working on, how he tested and prepped for the tower of Pisa, other ??? if you like.

unclecharlie

When did he do Pisa?

definitely share the story about his jump off the leaning tower of PISA... we new kids love to read that kind of stuff about the older days of BASE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12