I'd like to post my recent experience for anyone with CR gear who may be wondering how the change-over to Asylum Designs affected customer support of your gear.

I bought a Perigee II and a Blackjack from CR last year not too long before bridgeday, which is where I did my 1st two BASE jumps on it.

I did 2 more jumps early in 2004 and then only again in July when I went to stay at the FJC span for 2 weeks, during which time I put 59 more jumps on the gear. Fairly early on this trip the velcro on my container started fraying at the edges and seperating from the stitching - bad velcro does happen.

No big deal, I did a ghetto-fabulous needle-and-thread-in-the-motel-at-night field repair and it lasted the rest of trip no problemo.
Also, I noticed a missing bartack on a line-attachment, which a very experienced jumper/rigger in our group hand-tacked for me.

So I phoned up Adam (CR) and Marty (Asylum) and shipped my rig to Marty when I left the span.

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU! to Marty at Asylum Designs and Adam at Consolidated Rigging for the customer support they provided.

Not only did they do more work on the rig than the minimum required, they accomodated my every request and I'm now proudly sporting a rather lovely Asylum Designs t-shirt Marty just threw in the package when he shipped my rig back.

I like free stuff, but I really like and respect people and companies who stand behind their product after the sale (almost a year in my case) and that has been my experience with Asylum and CR.

thanks guys, I finally got the chance to put my gear to use again recently and I'm as impressed as ever with it!

cheers
sam