Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BASE 1000 - Are we nearly there yet?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Re: BASE 1000 - Are we nearly there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by skydive1224
    Not quite there yet. As of 3 minutes ago I officially recieved my number.

BASE 943. I'm so excited. my smile is not leaving my face.

Bryan
    BASE 943
    Nice one! If you are so inclined, don't forget to enter your details into www.basenumbers.org.

Squatch

Cool Re: BASE 1000 - Are we nearly there yet?

Hey ya big puff, how's it going. I not sure if you know or not, but I just got my "B". So, I am looking for some info on how to get my number. JimJom does not remember. When are you coming down to Cincy town to cause trouble? Call Jim if you get this, and get my cell#. And, then I will tell you how close to 1000.

Hey Skinflicka, I need the address for the base number and for you to jump sometime soon. Later bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch
    So, I am looking for some info on how to get my number.

taken from previous postings.

Hello BASE Jumpers:

Rick & I issue the original World BASE Numbers and Night BASE Numbers which were started by Carl and Jean Boenish in January 1981 when the first BASE # was earned. Carl always believed that BASE jumping would catch on, and he was right. Your BASE number is your link back to the beginning of our sport.

To apply for a BASE Number, we need the following information:

1. Name and address, or a self-addressed envelope. Phone number is optional.

2. Name and/or location and altitude of each of the four objects.

3. Date of each object, especially the date and TIME of your qualifying jump. The time of your qualifying jump is important in case someone else in the world qualified on the same day.

4. Any descriptions of the jumps or jump stories will be appreciated and will remain strictly confidential.

5. On the subject of donations, we ask for $10 to issue a number to help cover our costs for postage and supplies, totally voluntary. If you want the plastic card with your number and qualifying date and Carl Boenish's signature embossed, there is a $5 fee.

In respect for privacy of individuals and integrity of the BASE Numbers, we will not be issuing them by email. Our original BASE Constitution requires confidentiality. We will take the information about your jumps by email and lock in your qualifying date until we receive your letter.

We wait thirty days after the date of your qualifying jump to issue your number and make sure the rest of the worlds mail has time to get here.

KEEP HAVING FUN, ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!

Rick and Joy Harrison
    7316 Houston Drive
    Hitchcock, TX 77563
    USA

Joy: joyhgc1@aol.com
    Rick: cliffleaper@aol.com
    -------------------------------------------------------

erlingas

There are so many out there that doesn`t bother to get their numbers, so I guess we are way past 1000?

BASE#10000

Quote Originally Posted by erlingas
    There are so many out there that doesn`t bother to get their numbers, so I guess we are way past 1000?

BASE#10000
    as I said before

I know alot of people who have not applied for numbers for their own reasons, I know there are way far in excess of just below 1000 of people that have jumped from all 4 objects. I can sort of understand why these people dont apply for their numbers, but for some of us it is / was a way of documenting a long path and struggle in getting to this point with no way of having it taken away from us. It is a small link to a history.

Sorry dude. I've been remiss in my communications to your fair city.

Will call this weekend.

J.

GenYuden

Sorry to boost an old topic

I was just wondering, how do you get a base number? What authoritie do you need to get in contact with to recieve one? Also, what kind of supervision is needed when doing your first base jump on bridge, building etc?

Thanks. I'm not a base jumper yet, or anywhere near it, but gimmie 5 years and we shall see. I just started parachute training with the military so fingers crossed

Tom Aiello

Quote Originally Posted by GenYuden

I was just wondering, how do you get a base number?
    You send your info into the USBA, which maintains the registrar of BASE numbers originally begun by Carl Boenish. The current holders of the register are Rick and Joy Harrison. Here is their official application statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick and Joy Harrison

Hello BASE Jumpers:

Rick and I issue the original World BASE Numbers and Night BASE Numbers which were started by Carl and Jean Boenish in January 1981 when the first BASE # was earned. Carl always believed that BASE jumping would catch on, and he was right. Your BASE number is your link back to the beginning of our sport.

To apply for a BASE Number, we need the following information:

1. Name and address, or a self addressed envelope. Phone number is optional.

2. Name and/or location and altitude of each of the four objects.

3. Date of each object, especially the date and TIME of your qualifying jump. The time of your qualifying jump is important in case someone else in the world qualified on the same date.

4. Any descriptions of the jumps or jump stories will be appreciated and will remain strictly confidential.

5. On the subject of donations, we ask for $10 to issue a number to help cover our costs for postage and supplies, totally voluntary. If you want the plastic card with your number and qualifying date and Carl Boenish's signature embossed, there is a $5 fee.

In respect for the privacy of individuals and integrity of the BASE Numbers, we will not be issuing them by email. Our original BASE Constitution requires confidentiality. We will take the information about your jumps by email and lock in your qualifying date until we receive your letter.

We wait thirty days to issue your number to make sure the rest of the worlds mail has time to get here.

KEEP HAVING FUN, ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!

Rick and Joy Harrison
    7316 Houston Drive
    Hitchcock, TX 77563
    USA

Joy: joyhgc1@aol.com
    Rick: cliffleaper@aol.com

Tom Aiello

Quote Originally Posted by GenYuden
    ...what kind of supervision is needed when doing your first base jump on bridge, building etc?
    That's a huge question that deserves it's own thread. If I were you, I'd start a separate thread to ask that question.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) B.rad's Avatar

I just got 952

Quote Originally Posted by B.rad
    I just got 952
    congrats! welcome to the history...............

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) whatever's Avatar

well, we're one closer now, if we're not there yet....

I just got my B and I'd like to thank Hunter, Red Fox and Lulu Fox for a very exciting and fun evening out.

I'd also like to thank the jumpers who helped me along the way, in particular that troll from under that bridge in ID - thanks.

to get back to the thread, someone I know recently got a number in the mid 950's

but that was before the Turkey Boogie and it's been quite busy around here too....

man, it's gonna be a long 30 days!

BASE #958, just received the card. (I qualified 10-24-04)

-Seth Gray

yo seth-

i'm 957 just before you. did my last one, B, at 2am on 10-23. feels damm good. i was @ the Turkey Boogie and heard a few folks talkin' about their last was an E in Moab. So we must be pushing through 960's soon.

D-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast