Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Base death

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Re: Base death

Hello,

I have some additional information regarding donations that may be made to Erich's wife Gretchen and his son Max.

Please send donations to:

Erich Wagar Memorial Fund
    Wells Fargo
    8041 Brooklyn Blvd.
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

Tel: (763) 493-1230

Bank contact: Tadi Tafesse

Thank you everyone.

Eric Lunder

baker19

The MN crew would like to thank everyone for their thoughts.

Erich was the best of us. His passion for everything in life was and still is infectious! I know personally I would feed off his energy. A great friend to so many will be missed by all. BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!!!

Zibble Zip Bro-
    sia

this is terrible news.

Thomas

TRIAX

question:
    in the picture posted by Johnny Utah, which of the other three is Erich?
    I have some video we'd like to share with his crew/family.
    cheers,
    pope

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) badenhop's Avatar

Erich is on the right.
    Green shirt, grey beanie, shades.
    ================================

Beautiful planet,
    rotten world.

================================

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) QuickDraw's Avatar

Post Re: Base death

There is some local news footage here too at the bottom of the article.

http://wcco.com/localnews/local_story_324132034.html

BSBD.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) truckerbase's Avatar

I sent a video clip of Erich in malaysia to Tom Aiello to see if he can get it up. Erich talks about himself, Base and minnesota a bit in the short clip. I uploaded this as a quicktime movie to skydiving movies, but cant locate it, unless the folks over there have to catalog it first.

K

My condolences to Erich's family and friends. I only got to work with Erich a few times, gear related things, but I always found him easy to work with and positive. I wish I had had the opportunity to know him better.

I was also reminded of Lee's demise when reading about Erich...I took it to heart from that incident that jumping in foggy conditions is something to avoid. (Especially low fog.) I'm sorry that Erich didn't benefit from Lee's example. I hope that we all take to heart the hard lessons learned, especially when we have to learn them twice.

Blessings to Eric Lunder, who had the worst slot imaginable. Good job, Eric, on doing everything you could to take care of your friend. Blessings also to Erich's wife and child, who are now guarded firmly in spirit.

Be safe everyone...the Reaper is out to get us like s/he was in 2002.

Regards,
    K

terd_ferguson

my name is scott, and and i am a close friend of everyone in gretchens family, which erich will always be a part of. its kind of stange to feel so involved in all of this, considering that ive never been involved in jumping, and the few number of fortunate times i got to hang out with erich. i guess he is just that kind of guy. max and gretchen, i love you, and im proud to be a part of your family.

i was at erich and gretchens place about a week and a half ago, and sat up with him for a few hours talking about the website and the buisness, watching jumps, looking at pics, and showing him some photoshop stuff. he started telling me about the website for maybe 2 minutes, and i was sold on doing some photoshop work, animation, video work, or whatever else i could do to help him get it rolling. i still am. if anyone was working closely with him on that specifically, and would still like to do it, i would be more than happy to help in any way possible.

in addition to the website, i am also interested in putting together a dvd. i want to do this, not only for max, gretchen, and erichs family and friends to have something to watch whenever they want, but also to make a kickass jump video and to show anyone interested how great erich was. i have access to erichs video and pics, and would like to use that, as well as any other footage of erich and the crew that anyone else would like to contribute. be it jump footage, or party footage, or random whatever that might work.

if you have some video to send me, hit me up at dysfunctional_@hotmail.com, with monkeys or erich or something in the title so i know it isnt some spam crap. good quality digital is better, but even old tapes people have or whatever is cool too. i will work out whatever details involved in how to acquire it, and how to get it back to you if necesary, through the email address listed. tell me how much stuff and what formats you have, and basic contact info - phone, email, whatever.

finally, i want to say it was cool to meet everyone at gretchens. eric, sam, johnny, robbie, and everyone else that i cant remember right now. the turnout for the funeral was incredible, and everyone that spoke, and that came out just reinforced not only how much this sucks, but how great a person erich was.

sorry about the rant, but this whole thing makes me feel like i need to contribute to something somehow.

scott
    dysfunctional_@hotmail.com

Lawrence the roofer

Unhappy Re: Base death

Quote Originally Posted by nickels
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric Lunder. I was with Erich on the jump when he was killed. The details are as follows:

The jump took place at 1:00 pm on 11/17/04

Weather conditions: heavy fog beginning at 350ft. The ground was visible from approx. 500ft. Winds: calm

Altitude 940ft, Antenna, slider up.

Cause of death: Low pull. The canopy was out and partially inflated.

He was killed on impact.

We planned a 2 way and followed through with it. We both left stable and immediately began to track away from the tower. We planned for him to be the low man and he was to signal me to pull by reaching for his pc and delaying one second. I deployed my canopy as soon as his hand moved toward his pc. My canopy deployed normally and on heading. After I established that I had a good canopy I witnessed Erich with a partially open canopy impact the ground. The spot where he impacted was on a hill approx. thirty to fifty feet above the base of the tower approx. and 250ft horozontally away from the tower. I landed safely and immediately cutaway my canopy and ran toward him. I found him unconscious and unresponsive. He was not breathing and had no pulse. I tried CPR but he did not respond. I then called 911 and emergency services were sent to the scene. The EMTs hooked him up to a monitor and there were no vital signs. I believe he was killed immediately on impact. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

----------------------------------------

Erich was one of my best friends and was a friend to many people around the world. Please think of his wife Gretchen and his son Max because they need our love. I will miss him and all that know him will as well. The world is a lesser place due to his passing.

Eric Lunder
    My is Lawrence Scott
    Hello to Eric and all. I am living in Florida for the Winter and could not make it home on Sat. The news hit me hard and Sat was a bad day for all of us.The last time I saw Erich was at Doller daze. He took the time out of his day of jumping to repack my reserve so I could get on the last load with him. That was the type of friend he was. Erich touched the lives of many. He was a leader to the people around him. My thoughts and love go out to Gretchen, Max, family and friends. NO REGRETS Lawrence Scott ljsroof@msn.com

Tom Aiello

Quote Originally Posted by truckerbase
    I sent a video clip of Erich in malaysia to Tom Aiello to see if he can get it up. Erich talks about himself, Base and minnesota a bit in the short clip. I uploaded this as a quicktime movie to skydiving movies, but cant locate it, unless the folks over there have to catalog it first.
    Here it is.

Sorry that took so long. I've been off line for over a week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12