Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do you post to DZ rather than here?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Re: Why do you post to DZ rather than here?

Quote Originally Posted by mknutson
    The new forum has similiar posts section at the bottom of each posting. This is a great help to see att eh similiar posts.

This sounds like what you are asking for....
    What were you wanting?
    Not to make your life difficult or anything , I was talking indexing these...

Edited to add: Also, what happened to the archives prior to 1998?

rl
    Last edited by rhondalea; February 2nd, 2005 at 08:09 PM.

BLiNC Magazine Founder mknutson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I could get a volenteer to repost each thread into a new posting...??? If I got a volenter, I would create an archive forum just for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhondalea
    Not to make your life difficult or anything , I was talking indexing these...

Edited to add: Also, what happened to the archives prior to 1998?

rl

Quote Originally Posted by mknutson
    Well, I could get a volenteer to repost each thread into a new posting...??? If I got a volenter, I would create an archive forum just for this.
    <wryly> How did I know?

No deadlines, this time, right? I can go at my own leisurely pace?

In that case, sure, no problem.

Now, about those pre-1998 archives...do they still exist?

rl

Quote Originally Posted by rhondalea
    I should have been more specific, but I didn't really want to be. Sometimes it's just better for people to understand what is not said, even though you can't always count on them to do so.

Anyway, I was referring to John's claims about Tom both in this thread and on dz.com. If those claims have a basis in fact, Tom could have as easily exercised his moderator's privilege on this board, and deleted John's posts here as well as there. But he didn't. Therefore, John's perception of why Tom deleted his posts on dz.com is incorrect.

That's all I was trying to say. I know I'm repeating myself, but I hate to see the endless fracturing of community bonds. Especially over something this petty.

rl
    I know what your saying. The reasons Tom deletes posts on DZ are normally not why the poster thinks, I have some experience of this as I have been moderated there a few times before and in the end I always have to turn round to Tom and say "fair point geezer".........

In the end, give it a few months and its all forgotten and no one gives a toss hey!

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) leroydb's Avatar

Well a lot has gone on while I have been "out on prior arrangements".

John, I am sorry you misinterpreted my post.

I said, "Sorry I couldn't have been there due to prior arrangements. " Next time I will spell it out. See link ---> here

For the record I was not invited as we all know, but there is anther side to this story as usual.

Back in December I was with a crew in Houston (who were very polite and fun loving) and I asked one of them to see if there was an extra slot (i knew there probably wouldn't be), so I also asked if there was a chance I could ground crew/watch etc...

... Fast-forward to earlier this month... Turns out I had a school I was in and could not go. Technically I didn’t know if I could G/C or not, but I gave the benefit of the doubt.

I am sorry to all if I inadvertently misrepresented myself.

As a sidebar I would also like to add that I have severely cut down on my postings over the last 2 months. I am going to continue not posting as much as in the past and hope that I will not be attacked or whatever you wish to call it, over a simple post.

As stated at dz.com, I have learned from my mistakes. Seems this time John has approached me this time. I have no urge to bother him, and yet he jumps on me for a post that he misinterpreted.

I have not posted at SB.com for at least a month or 2, I have not emailed/pm/im or anything.

John, leave me alone. You wanted me to stop, and I have, so I now as you to leave me alone.

As for the other accusations made your site (by you, mcduck, and SB2 among others) , well, they are borderline, if not actually, personnel defamation. I do not talk to anyone about the beef you have with me.

(Note: that the following information was retrieved from the SB.com website not using a proxy!)

Mcduck says that I have, “began hacking this site (SB.com) and using proxy services to mask his IP (Internet Protocol) address from us.” Well this of course is untrue in every sense of the work hacking. #1 I am not a hacker, #2 using a proxy is not being a hacker. #3 All I tried to do was post my side of the story. For gods sake the email address I used had my whole name in it!. If they didn’t want me to have access, why approve my account. And yes it was true I used a name of my own to get another account, but again I used the same email address that had my full name in it. So again I ask, why did they approve my account if they did not want me to access it?

In reference to, “the fact that it seems okay for him to post deliberately inaccurate, or potentially damaging, information on other web sites and be completely protected, while the attempts to show that he's misleading folks in a sport that can really not afford to have people like him representing it, as well as putting our friend and his family in potential danger, are being squashed.”

Please show me where I am in the last 4-5 months tried to teach anyone anything, etc?

In reference to, “putting our friend and his family in potential danger, are being squashed:”

This is totally out of reference. The individual in question lives in another country, but came to the US for a school. I forget what I actually said, but it generally stated that he was in the US. He asked me not to do so, and I have never said anything in that nature again, nor will I.

In reference to, “He's made numerous inappropriate comments to women he is not attached to, in front of the people these women ARE attached to, or at least related to. I tried to forgive him a few of his more lascivious comments about my sister, but it became too much too endure. When approached with his inability to function on any level other than annoying jerk, he presents the image that he's not even aware that he's doing anything wrong...every single time, even on identical occurrences.”

If I have made an inappropriate comment, I am sorry, but as Mcducks sister never said anything. In fact many people there joke with his sister and nothing is ever said. No one approached me, and if they did I would have been totally professional about the whole thing.

Unlike you John I am going to stay in and with this sport, and I will earn my spot. And also unlike you I will not quit/retire then start again, then quit, then quit, then start again…. Etc etc etc

This is all BS(not SB) I am sorry john and his people feel the way they do.

I am not in this to be cool; I am in this because I love BASE-jumping. I jump for myself, no one else. Just ask my GF that has to put up with my leaving early in the morning or late at night. She can tell you, especially the hours she has G/C’d for me.

John I am respectfully asking you (AND anyone else connected with him ie: mcduck, sb2, etc,,) to not talk to me or about me ever again in any public forum and I will continue to do the same.

Tom Aiello

John, Leroy,

Do you guys want this split into a separate thread?

matt

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Aiello
    John, Leroy,

Tom if you split this into another thread it will jsut turn into another lock and edit fest. It doesn't matter anymore, I am glad it is all out and everyone can digest it. Just let it be and you will soon see what we are talking about. I have not talked to this person since Sep 23rd. If you jsut sit back you will see.

matt, I have said my piece.

I wish for john to realize he misunderstood me.

You can call me now if you wish I have my cell phone on. I pm'd you my cell.

People need to stop jumping on the bandwagon and get both sides of the story. It is freaking sick that John's misunderstanding led to this...
    Last edited by leroydb; February 11th, 2005 at 08:27 AM.

John Hayes

John, Leroy,

No need Tom! Im finished.

John, leave me alone. You wanted me to stop, and I have, so I now ask you to leave me alone. I am not logging on to your site at all, and have not for a couple months! I am not using a proxy to use the site either. I am actually using my real IP address to surfing the forum part of the site and that does not require you to have an account. There actually could be some useful information there. So by default that means that I am not posting and I AM NOT trying to post to your web site. This also does not mean that I want to be part of SB, and by no means do I.

It is kind of funny in a way, but I do think though, that you are trying to use me as a catalyst to get some people to go to the site. Sadly enough some might see this post and want to see what the hubbub is about, but I would advise against going there just over john's issues with me.

Again I have nothing against SB, and I am asking John and any of his (dare I say) bandwagon members, to leave me alone.

As for the other accusations made your site (by you, Kevin, and SB2 among others), well, they are borderline, if not actually, personnel defamation.

As for Shaun… man WTF I never did anything to you? I will not hold anything against you or anyone at SP, because I feel they are on the bandwagon. If you or anyone would PM me, or email me, I would send you my cell number and guess what, If you call after 6pm I would talk to you. As it stands no one has called, so you only have half the story.

If you'd call you would get," the rest of the story."

The less I post, the more they provoke me? They want me to stop, yet they keep posting untruths? When does this cycle end? If they would never post anything, I would have no reason to defend myself against John's lies.
    Reality is the playground for our dreams

Tom Aiello

Leroy, I'm pretty sure John dropped this a week ago (his last post was made 6 days ago). Are you sure you're not the one bringing it up again?

Are you sure you're not the one bringing it up again?
    I have $5 that says this is a case of posting on this board in response to a discussion taking place elsewhere.

rl

Leroy, I'm pretty sure John dropped this a week ago (his last post was made 6 days ago). Are you sure you're not the one bringing it up again?
    nope... its on his website where he is talking crap and I cant defend myself
    Reality is the playground for our dreams

baseninja

My polite request...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234