Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh dear dDog

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) QuickDraw's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Oh dear dDog

by the time it hits the street its going to be approx 50% pure from your original load (if your lucky)
    Remind me never to buy a wrap from you Mac.

"Bitter? Yeah, well I'll be happy to hear your feedback on my mental state when you've walked in my shoes for a few miles," he wrote.
    Suddenly my shoes seem a much nicer place.

See you in a while Doug.
    --- Hope you don't die. ---

MinceDivisionNorCal

Re: Oh dear dDog

HA! That MoFo got what he deserved!!!

Ray I'm right there dancin with ya...

I think he likes it in the ass anyway so that will be fun for him...given that whoever is looking for there money back doesn't knock him off first.

What comes around GOES AROUND!!!

JJ

I am still ...Smiling. today.....

I really don't notice any BASE jumpers defending the D-Dog
    Not even... Tom
    Tom...I think you should tell all you know about him.
    I mean you have been defending him and his actions for quit some time.
    you say you guys were close friends....

Hey Tom...I got a lot of BASE related stories about the Dog.

I think BASE jumpers should ask me to tell a few.
    some Very informative Info

...Ray

Tom Aiello

I find the level of venom here astounding.

In my opinion, having a public discussion here, given the circumstances, is pretty unwise.

Ray, I'll try to respond to your various emails, but since I'm currently travelling, I'm having trouble accessing email.

Also.......Tom
    as for not giving any info to the Media or authorities.
    ahhhh.. so many things to tell where do I start ?

also:
    Most BASE jumpers a long with myself Actually work Hard from day to day
    to earn money to pay there Bills and maybe have a little left over to go....
    BASE Jumping somewhere special or maybe buy some new equipment....

Sorry....So I don't feel sorry for him.

so...... SCREW THAT ... idea ...Tom

You totally mis-understand me on this thread, even though Doug Spink has dishonored
    some here that BASE jump in Portland Oregon. He is still loved by some elswhere....
    I don't think of this as being Venomous but.it is... Very Astounding !
    Good BASE jumpers are hard to find. God knows he was a good one.
    This is just a Heart Felt story of a BASE jumper who went astray with
    deception and a artistry of manipulation that was Astounding. and also,,,
    An important BASE Discussion of a fellow jumper we all once loved and cherished.

He was actually on the road to becoming a good BASE jumper but....
    Where did he go astray ??? ...that is the Question everyone is asking.
    I have been asking that saddening question to myself all day.
    All I can think of is.....Maybe he just did not know what was in the suit-cases.
    Maybe he thought they were filled with Collectible .....Beanie Baby's
    but.....
    Another reason why he might have astray is that While BASE jumping in Portland my home town.
    He Bought and Sold plenty of.. MDMA... ... While shoving mountains of it Up his Sensitive nose every day. This I think might have been the start of all his
    BASE jumping problems and why he might not be responsible for his actions.
    It's Not His Fault.

I mean, I don't have to tell you that..&. Let this be a Lesson To All !
    The combination of Hard Drug Abuse and BASE jumping is a deadly mix.
    and VERY Un-Safe. BASE jumping can be risky enough as is.
    Which could be used as an excuse...In his defense....One can only hope.
    If that altered his mental state and led to a DOWN-Spiral of his life and BASE jumping.
    He might have some defense for the actions that led to the BASE jumpers demise.
    Do you agree ??? ..Huge amounts of Adrenaline + Drugs = bad decision making.
    He could be a poster child for anti-drug and extreme sports.
    This also might help the judge to show some leniency for him.

I think. and you can correct me if I might be wrong....Maybe...
    The Mass amount of Adrenaline from BASE jumping combined with Hard drugs.
    could be an excuse why, While BASE JUMPING....He Ran sufficient amounts of
    ill-gotten earning through bank accounts of.. Wolf Advisors, Ltd. and also...
    Timberline Farm LLC....I think I might even have a canceled Check Made out to
    Timberline Farms LLC.for a few thousand dollars just lying around... to aid in
    preparation for his defense. Any little thing might help him out of this sad affair......

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and.....
    I think as a BASE family we should all send our thoughts and prayers out to him at
    this dark and uncertain crossroads in his life. That he will be back with us all soon
    to share and stand with us at another Exit-Point......

yexotay

oops had to change
    Last edited by yexotay; March 4th, 2005 at 11:49 PM. Reason: changing

yexotay

There was a dentist in Philly that got 47 years on his first arrest of any kind. He wasn't really even caught with product on hand he had just done some deals to FBI. He was charged with conspiracy to distribute.

Ray, I am in Tualatin now. I am currently out with a fractured tib/fib, but would love to ground crew and see some of the PDX sights or just grab a beer.

Joel
    Drop me an email
    yexotay@yahoo.com

Right on.. you are close by my home
    Tib and Fib.. Ouch ..had that one time , skydiving about 11 years ago... Know how you feel.

How long you been here ?..Profile says you got some BASE jumps....cool
    mail me ..yoda99@bigplanet.com

Ya..ever since President Regan and the Mandatory drug sentencing, ..could be bad for O'l Doug. Especially if i't's going be charges combined with across border of U.S. and Canada.
    I got a feeling that he has Loyalty and would never give any body up for a Deal / plea-bargain.
    They might go hard on him. If he does not give his partners up..?
    He will never talk...

I think you will find most of us have some issues in one way or another. Alot of us also have a past history that perhaps is something not to shout about or very different to how we are now. I am sure there are people we all know that could post about our own demons and past incidents and make us look bad. I know I could do this to many people (and I am sure people can against me) but I dont as people dont need to read about my own negative thoughts about people - if your nature is of a socially negative manner you will be found out by others without the need of public postings telling you.

I just think the complete public roasting of a fellow BASE jumper (and in the end BASE is what is all about) on what seems to amount to personal issues and bad judgements in friendships when he is incapable of defending himself is in a little bad taste.

What is the saying? He without sin cast the first stone? - Dude, I respect you and hold your opinions in high regard, but personal attacks on this level to me is not cool.

I dont know Dog and only ever had a few emails with him, but yes I heard stories and yes I have heard stories about other people, but until I experience any hearsay or wrong doings personally I always reserve judgement until this happens to me. I have had it happen to me and its not particularly pleasant. I think these sorts of things need to stay out of the public forums and just between you and your close friends and choose the way you deal with it in your own way - just dont force it on the rest of us.

Just my 2 pieces of insignifcant thoughts worth........

Michael

GPJumping

Unhappy D. Spink

Here on COTH we knew him as Exit Point. He owned some very nice horses too. Link: http://chronicleforums.com/eve/ubb.x.../110205975/p/1

TO his farm: www.stallions.net/contact.html I think it was taken off. SAd...

WEbshots: http://community.webshots.com/album/106062538exejvL

He entered Capone into the Shell Cup in Spruce Meadows and over faced the horse. He was asked not to come back. There were people there who saw him and were in fear for his life when he did the bigger jumps. Another rider rode Capone, but D.S. rode another horse in the lower levels.
    He also made some breeder angry because he made some bad deals with them.
    We knew he BASE jumped.
    Not to start a fight, just giving some info on him on different boards where he posted. You can look in the search area and type in Exitpoint.
    Too bad, He's going to either rat out the boss (which will get him killed) or spend the rest of his life in jail.

Hey ....Mac. I hear you. everyone one of us has a few issues / Demons.
    BASE is what it's all about for you. Like you say..And that's cool to.
    But...I tell you Mac. BASE jumpers are curious to know who he really was.
    They had the Opportunity to read his Threads and Posts on the Talk BASE Forums for a time.... so dont take my comments the wrong way.
    All BASE jumpers should be given an Opportunity to listen if they chose.
    Also: because.... I just feel like it. Also: ..I have not herd much in the way of public outcry for me to shut the hell up about it.... So Hey.....

Mac...I will tell you something and you can chose to read it..
    I got to know Doug Spink...a little better than most.but ...Not as good as others.
    I new him since he got off AFF @ the DZ till he ran out of here to BC Canada
    Mac. I'm self employed in Masonry /custom home / small commercial ..anyway
    I was doing a Huge custom home on the back side of the same hill d-dog was
    living in. by Gaston Oregon.(a house that was not his) Only about 10 -15 minutes
    away. for about 8 months. So I would stop by a lot of mornings on my way to the job.
    I would throw Capone (the horse) a couple of oatmeal cookies or carrots .
    That Horse was a cool-bad-ass, Huge piece of horse flesh-Amazingly impressive.
    Then say Hi and What-up, Doug would usually be up all night or just getting home
    and we would talk a little about jumping or what-ever. bla..bla.. anyway
    I asked him one time ..What exactly he did for a Living.... ?
    It was getting a little obvious something was a little Odd. The house were he stayed
    was about ..5000+ sq. Ft...Huge.. but empty...No furniture/curtains/ no heat/little food.
    Nothing.. just six dogs a phone, a Personal computer and sleeping quarters.

I asked and. he told me.... He Said.... " I am a .Opportunist".

Mac. this word,... Opportunist.... has a lot of different meanings.
    Anyway Mac. all BASE jumpers are Opportunists... Not to the extent as Doug carried it out.
    Being an Opportunist is in all BASE jumpers a little.....some a little more.
    Most BASE jumpers think of themselves as being a little Bad-Ass and a Risk-Taker.
    We see an Opportunity and take advantage of it...you know...A little climb-over the fence. Sneak up the Fire-stairs, Pick a lock or two, Steal some air in a Federal Park. or just basic trespassing on private property. for most of our Jollies. To Steal some Air Time.

Mac....It is so hard to explain who I thought he was / or who He thought he was.
    He was more than just a BASE jumper. He thought he was a lot of things.
    You could never tell him anything...He already new it all especially BASE jumping.
    After a couple months he was an Expert. *** In his Mind he was.***

Anyway Mac..there is a little of this thing ..Opportunist.. like D-Dog in most BASE jumpers.
    It's just that after most of us see an opportunity and take it....We Jump...
    Then come back to reality.of our Mostly-Normal life until the next jump.

Doug did not live in the reality that most of us live in.
    He thought he was educationally and intellectually superior to Most humans.
    He was intellectually gifted. but twisted at the same time... Sick Twisted
    He thought he was a... Business Tycoon, that wanted to live his customers Life-Style.
    He said he was Training to be a Ultimate Fighter... A owner of many Fine Automobiles...A Horse Breeder and Owner and Competition Show Rider... Dog Trainer, Breeder and Dealer...Expert and lover of... Music, Literature, Philosophy & Arts, Food & Wine and World Traveler...Expert Drug dealer...Expert Rock Climber...A proficient Skydiver,and...Expert BASE jumper
    ....the list goes on and on...I've herd more out of his mouth but I cant remember it all.
    Mac. in his mind he had it all.

Mac...the opportunity to be anything you create.
    The side of Douglas Spink that is in the Media. That they report on. and show the Public
    The majority I think Was Created by Him....
    By interviews and stories told about his life and activities feed to reporters/writers/internet
    to create artificial background / All the many different web-site he talked on with Posts,News and magazine articles.... All that.. to give him his Reality.and Smoke screen.
    The reality that He wanted to live in.... The reality he wanted you and I to see.
    He created so many angles and Lies he could not keep them all strait Himself.

Mac. I tell you. The only thing he could not be was just ... Himself.
    Maybe he will gets another ... Opportunity.... Next time around....

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

Sorry guys
    IF Ddog did what the link says,i have no sorrow for him.Great guy what ever,people selling drugs are no better than mudere,period...

Sad thing would be if a stunt like that will bring bad attention to our sport(even as i cant understand why it should).

Tom why should people worry about this,as i know its not related to BASE...

yeah i dont like drugs at all,i dont care if people takes them aslong they dont do near me...One of the few ways to make me turn my bag to you...

Ray,as i cant take that beer from you right now,save one for me,ill drink it in the summer as we meet

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) leroydb's Avatar

I don't personally know dDog, but I agree that this is in bad taste. NO ONE HERE is perfect. We all have made mistakes, we have survived those mistakes and recovered from those mistakes. Even, if he did something to you, I would suggest that you keep it off the net. BASE jumpers are a small group as it is and should try to stay together...

No one likes a nark (criminal or otherwise)
    Le Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Mac
    ...I just think the complete public roasting of a fellow BASE jumper (and in the end BASE is what is all about) on what seems to amount to personal issues and bad judgements in friendships when he is incapable of defending himself is in a little bad taste.

What is the saying? He without sin cast the first stone? - Dude, I respect you and hold your opinions in high regard, but personal attacks on this level to me is not cool........

Michael
    Reality is the playground for our dreams

Hey Ray,

I'm definitely not happy about anyone getting busted for anything. WHile I disagreed with Ddog about several things, he was into jumping, and apparently other things very deep. In a way he has now ensured his legend in the journals of BASE history. Talk about going big. Ddog is a character in the cartoon of base both on and off the exit point.

In my mind, this little scenario is about as BASE as BASE gets, and keeps alive the old school spirit of jumping. F the man, do whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want. We all live that way a little, but Doug went all the way. Sort of like the crazy guy in fight club.

I understand the hard feelings against Ddog because he sure did seem to go out of his way to create them. Like him or not I hope he beats the rap. It is never good karma to be happy about the misfortunes of others.

There but for the grace go I.....
    "To the extreme I rock the mike like a vandal
    light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"

www.TandemBASE.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast