Thread: Oh dear dDog

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    spinerugo

Re: Oh dear dDog

Quote Originally Posted by Faber
    Sorry guys
    IF Ddog did what the link says,i have no sorrow for him.Great guy what ever,people selling drugs are no better than mudere,period...
    Are you counting alcohol and tabaco sellers in?

Quote Originally Posted by Faber
    as i cant take that beer from you right now,save one for me,ill drink it in the summer as we meet
    Guess not...

divot1

Opinions are opinions. Right or wrong, whatever. Getting off on anothers misfortunes and gloating about them is not only bad karma but in poor taste. Grow the **** up.

Sandy B.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

i see a big difference in products killing you in a long time or in a short time.

did you know alcohol in the right amount is healthy?

i dont smoke and dont like kissing smokers so..

i see a big difference in products killing you in a long time or in a short time.
    You are right there is a big difference in these products - namely that the legal drugs have a much higher fatality rate than the illegal products.

Just as a quick throw out of figures - 591 people died of a herion overdose in 2003 in the UK where 6,500 people died of drink related disease - but also 1 in 5 car deaths (approx 700) had a drinker involved and 1 in 3 (approx 200) pedestrians killed had been drinking.

This does not account for violence, other accidents that all occur with drinking. So yes there is a big difference in the products - but I think it might not be the way you are thinking............

Yes I know more people drink or smoke so the figures in effect cant be used to say anything about the other effects of the drugs but what I do find interesting, is that your quoted statement at the top of my post could be a skydiver comparing skydiving against BASE in saying why BASE is dangerous and me trying to argue why in fact BASE is not as dangerous as the skydiver thinks.......... - hehehehe (to add I am in no way comparing BASE with the taking of drugs.............. )

Just funnin with ya man................

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

psst if you dont know.. you live in UK ofcourse people die from alcohol there,you guys are sitting on the pubs all day..

acohol is healthy if you dring only 1 beer a day.. not serval pints

Unhappy Re: Oh dear dDog

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Losli
    I really don't notice any BASE jumpers defending the D-Dog
    Well, Ray, as we have already discussed, I'm not a BASE jumper. And I'm not even going to defend him. I'm just going to say that he was certainly a good friend to me when I was grief-stricken and in desperate need of one. If our friends desert us in times of trouble, what do we call them then?

What I'm saying is that no matter what Doug does, whether I approve of his actions or not, I approve of him, and I'm on his side.

If anyone is in touch with him, I'd be grateful to hear from you. My cell phone number is **********, and my email address is rhondaleakirk@yahoo.com. If anyone talks to him, let him know I'll accept collect calls from jail to this number: ********** and that I will do whatever else I might be able to do to help him.

I'd have responded to this sooner but I haven't logged on here in several days.

rl

P.S. I saw where you wrote:

You could never tell him anything...
    But that's wrong. He let me tell him lots of things, and he agreed when he agreed and he disagreed when he disagreed and he asked questions when something made no sense.

P.P.S. Y'know Ray, you seem like a nice guy most of the time. Then you get a hardon for someone and priapism sets in. Here's what I know from personal experience--it does you a lot more damage than it does the person with whom you're angry.
    Last edited by rhondalea; November 29th, 2005 at 09:23 AM. Reason: remove telephone numbers

Come on Rhonda...You know you like Me.

Quit Playing ...Hard to Get.

Unhappy Re: Oh dear dDog

Come on Rhonda...You know you like Me.
    Ray,

You almost understand.

Although there are a few notable exceptions--the circumstances being extraordinary and compelling--there are far too few of you for me to take an active dislike to any of you--no matter how badly you behave.

It seems more and more futile as time goes by, but I hope for the day when all of you understand that. Not about me, but about yourselves.

rl

P.S. I apologize for the deadly earnest response to your tongue-in-cheek remark, but it has been a long and difficult day for me in the BASE fora, and my sense of humor has taken a leave of absence.

Ahhhh ..I knew I could wear you down.

I'M Growing on you now.... Watch out.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

My god, I am pulled away from parenthood and back onto the BASE board (not to BASE jumping) by this!

Ray, no-one cares about your personal vendetta against D-Dog and I actually think if RL was to speak her mind (too nice to) you might realise that you could be growing on her but more like mold than anything else. Chill out, do your thing and remember that more often than not "what comes around goes around". Check out the people who bad mouth on this board, they are also the ones who get bad mouthed; meanwhile the rest of the active users (inappropriate use of words!) jump and have a laugh at the bickering.

What a waste.

MT

Wow ...You are taking this rather personally.
    I am also glad I can keep you entertained..
    Everyone needs to laugh a little that's healthy.

ManBird

Here are the thoughts that are swirling around in my head on the matter:

Look at the facts. There are legitimate business people, illegitimate business people, and friends that have been financially screwed by Doug on a very large scale over the past several years. There are a lot of people that have very plausible reasons to be furious with Doug. I'm sorry, but I have to have a realistic take on this situation. Being a BASE jumper doesn't immediately make you a good person (though it does add a LOT of value). While none of us want to see a friend get put away, we might have to admit that he's earned himself a sentence. I personally think that people should have the right to get high (that's another story), but I also accept that we live in a society that frowns upon drugs and punishes everything that surrounds them. Whatever our personal opinions on the matter, we have to accept that he commited what our government considers a pretty big crime, and is going to be punished for it.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt: he's a big, convincing liar when it comes to "getting ahead". People do it all the time when trying to get a new job, in a girl's pants, into a faster canopy or GoKart (it's all about 9hp, baby), etc. It's not impossible that he talked himself up into a situation that was bigger than he could handle. It's how he got into BASE. It's like flirting with your friend's wife one moment, then having her bent over the car five minutes later. Good work, but once you're caught, you've got a ****storm on your hands.

Doug is a very nice guy one-on-one. This is what makes it so emotionally confusing. He's a very cool guy to hang and chat with, but the severity and frequency of these actions really offset this aspect. If he'd stuck around, he would have had a much better shot at making emotional amends, even if he couldn't make the financial ones. Instead, he ran off to Canada, and began cursing the very people that he ripped off -- the people that inadvertently enabled him to start "anew". If you don't seek forgiveness, don't expect it. I liked hanging out with Doug, but these actions of his are appalling and very big.

He needs help. Well, he needED help to keep this from happening. Now, it's likely too late. Some people get caught up in a lifestyle and stay there because they never realize that there are other ways to live that are as fulfilling, if not more. I don't think anyone managed to show him that. He didn't really give anyone enough opportunity to do so, either.

Kindness in words does not remove the consequences of sinister actions. Likewise, venomous words do not offset kind actions. Don't get upset at the people that once helped Doug, even though they talk some ****. Be upset at the guy that screwed over his friends, even though he issues some flattering comments.

Lastly, I have a couple thoughts regarding his charge. "Possession of 372 pounds of cocaine." POSSESSION. While he was evidently trafficking, I think I understand why he didn't get trafficking or sales. Here are my THEORIES, looking at it the way the gov'ment might see it:

1) Possession is the only charge that can be proven 100%. It's a guaranteed sentence. It's the surefire way to remove him from the trafficking loop for at least awhile.
    2) He's probably not "who they want". Being that they nailed him because he made a pick up from a vehicle that was already "known", they obviously don't need info from him, nor do they need to "nail the bastard". I'm sure there's a few people they really want to nail for trafficking. Doug is evidently not one of them.
    3) Because possession will be a faster/easier case to close, less of the federal budget will have to go to paying lawyers.
    4) While possession is the least severe of charges, the quantity may raise the sentence to what would be issued for a trafficking or sales charge. So there is no need to charge that high.

This quote from HeraldNet.com sums up my thoughts at moment:

"Whatever happens next, Sako said she hopes Spink benefits from the experience."

Tom Aiello

Hey .... first of all I would like to say...This is the way it is Suppose to be
    on a Web-BASE talk.
    This self moderating of the group...I like it.
    Much better than one person/moderator taking charge and Locking or Take charge Push/mold it in a specific design.
    If people get carried away on something (for example myself) some of the group speak out and call me on it..... I like it....that's the way it should be.
    Criticism does not bother me that much and I do not take it that personally.
    I am not really wired that way. This is just... Web-Cyber BASE. ..Not like I am
    actually standing on the Exit Point and You were accusing me of being a...
    Flailing Wank.... that would actually bother me...

I have made it perfectly clear I do not like the ...D-Dog.
    If others like him that is all right with me. also. People are people and everybody is different.
    Me... I take my BASE jumping VERY SERIOUSLY. You want a honest answer on staying alive on a jump or need help. In the real world.... You get it.
    You really want to know what kind of Guy I am. Ask my friends I jump with In the Real BASE world. I am sure they will say I am a Hard Ass and an Occasional Prick.
    Also: Ask them who one of there friends are that they will Trust to put there Lives on the Line with...I am most confident..... I am ON THAT LIST.

Also: ** Now this is the important Part so pay attention.**

I would Trust anyone of them with my life.
    If Things Went Bad. I know they have my back. They would also do everything in there Power short of Dieing to pull my Ass out of it.

Now it wasn't the (monetary loss) or the stretch of the daily truth.. (to say the least)...that actually did not... Pissed-Me-Off ...and gave me this so called ..Hard on for the Guy.

It was Him Pushing his way into our BASE group straight off AFF.
    Being totally self absorbed into... Doug/D-Dog the BASE jumper.
    The Trust that was suppose to be worked for and Earned was shoved down our BASE groups throat ..... Then when we accepted Him As Our Own.....
    Doug betrays My and the groups Trust and Grand-Stands on the Death of
    a dear friend of ours. Like the Cyber BASE-Talk-Forum was his own personal
    Emotional Cat-BOX... ** now... that Hurt and PISSED ME OFF. **

So please Excuse my past few days of venting and please don't hesitate to criticize or call me on something you don't agree with me on.
    I'm a big boy and I think I can take it.

Gracias Amigos

Dark news ...

DDog, you are in my thoughts!

PerFlare

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast