Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Younges BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Dietrying360

Re: Younges BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

she is still going to sky dive before she jumps any big cliffs. she is also not the one packing the parachute. she is putting all of her faith into a man who packs chutes for a living. she is trusting him with her life, she has no problem with that. She knows that there are risks and she is willing to take them. you might think that is stupid, but to her it is a fact of life. there are risks in everything that we do. this is just a higher risk than most. she has a full understanding of what might happen but she is ok with that.

she is not saying that she is a BASE jumper. she is saying that she has been BASE jumping and is looking forward to learning all about it and and jumping more to become a BASE jumper. she knows that she is not going to get respect from other BASE jumpers because a lot of them don't agree with what she is doing. she just hopes to one day earn the respect.

Tom Aiello

We still haven't gotten the answers to the most important questions. To wit:

1) Is she hot?

and, most importantly;

2) Did Jimmy bang her before, or after, the jump? Extra points if he nailed her on the exit point.

When are you guys bringing her out to Twin? If you can bring some friends of hers, I'm sure there are lots of guys around here who would love to do some "teaching", too.
    Last edited by Tom Aiello; August 23rd, 2005 at 01:18 PM.

sean

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrying360
    she is still going to sky dive before she jumps any big cliffs.
    and this is important why?She just gonna jump low stuff first...sounds like a good idea to me...got a 215 foot O near me she can play on...what could possibly go wrong?
    she is also not the one packing the parachute. she is putting all of her faith into a man who packs chutes for a living. she is trusting him with her life, she has no problem with that..
    Then she is a bigger fool than i thought
    She knows that there are risks and she is willing to take them. you might think that is stupid, but to her it is a fact of life.
    She only just knows how to not piss the bed how can she know this...yours and her blissful ignorance of this astounds me.
    she has a full understanding of what might happen but she is ok with that..
    BOLLOCKS! i would like to ask her this when shes got a broken leg or worse or when she has to carry a friends body(maybe even you) from the talus.

she is not saying that she is a BASE jumper. she is saying that she has been BASE jumping and is looking forward to learning all about it and and jumping more to become a BASE jumper. she knows that she is not going to get respect from other BASE jumpers because a lot of them don't agree with what she is doing. she just hopes to one day earn the respect.
    She will earn it im sure...the road in between is a dangerous one i just hope she reaches her goal without ending up crippled or dead.

My twelve year old daughter loves BASE...think im gonna take her to twin falls...should be alright....

She might know that there are risks, but she is far from capable from understanding them. She is a kid, and from the sounds of it not a very well adjusted one. Jimmy shold go to jail for endangering a child. This is pathetic, even for a low life like him. I find it very hard to believe that this girl's parents are letting her date a 35 year old. Hey Jimmy, that is statutory rape.

On the other hand, Jimmy has the brain power and maturity of a 16 year old, so maybe this is the only way he can get a date.

Jimmy, you have officially become the biggest loser I have ever known, or known of. How pathetic your life must be to stoop to this. The funny part is that you brag about what a loser you are. I guess you won't be coming to BD since your date will get carded. In case you can't read the rules, you have to be 18 to jump at BD.
    "To the extreme I rock the mike like a vandal
    light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"

www.TandemBASE.com

Biff

[QUOTE=sean]carry her from some place while she screams her head off because she has a broken pelvis for example....[QUOTE]

I think her pelvis is at risk from more than just BASE jumping. Then again I reckon this is one big wind-up, someone is taking the piss.

I can't tell from your posts if you are facilitating her BASE jumping or just being a bystander. In any case even after all these years I can't really say what is the best formula for beginning BASE.

There may come a time when what you are describing becomes the norm, but right now if you are helping her your butt is hanging way out there if the worst happens. Outside the sport it may appear to people that BASE is no limit sort of thing. But to the contrary the limits in BASE jumping are very hard and very absolute. Weighing the risk to reward in BASE jumping is as important as knowing what you are doing. With enough banana pellets and shocks to the feet one could teach a monkey to BASE jump, but that monkey couldn't make a proper risk assessment. If you are "helping" her, it can be seen as holding candy out to a child, and I don’t care how "together" you say she is. The bigger question is how together are you?

You asked in another thread here, "what is up with BASE numbers?" I took that to mean why do some people make such a fuss over them? The simple answer is if they aren't important to you, that's it, they aren't important to you. However, your take shows at best a lack of BASE knowledge, and at worst, the fact you are rebelling against the original rebellion.

I won’t dodge the question though, so here's what the BASE award means to me. It’s a yard stick that shows where we've come from and also where we are right now. The stories surrounding the first numbers issued is the very story of BASE jumping itself. I think it's the "number" part of the BASE award that bothers some people. If you came late to the party, and I'm not saying this means you as I don’t know if you've been around 30 years or 30 minutes, the numbers can seem so high as to be inconsequential. But that's wrong because just as the first thousand numbers issued have a story to tell, so will the next thousand, and the thousand after that. The history of BASE jumping is a living breathing thing and its unfolding right before our very eyes. History means what happened yesteryear and also what happened yesterday.

So I'll not knock you too much for whatever is going on with this young lady, I say this because I remember the mid-80s when we thought we had BASE pretty much figured out. I also remember the mid-90s when we thought we had BASE pretty much figured out. And now here we are in the mid-00s and we think we have BASE pretty much figured out. The lesson is we never will have BASE jumping one hundred percent figured out. In your defense I will say there was a time when China was heavy into home growing their own state sponsored competition skydiving teams and they started with girls as young as twelve. There were three of them I remember from late 1980s and one of them was thirteen years old and had 1100 jumps.

On the other hand if you are championing this idea of children BASE jumping and it goes badly you're not going to have the Chinese government to hide behind . . .

So, the real question becomes not so much does this young lady understand what she's doing as much as do you understand what you are doing? So go ahead, you brought this all up in the first place and now we are here and we are listening. Convince me you know what you are doing and I'll forever stick up for you no matter how it turns out . . .

NickD
    BASE 194

Tom Aiello

On the original topic the "youngest jumper with no experience" I am aware of was a 12 year old, who jumped with his father. I'd guess that there have been younger jumpers that I don't know about.

Tom Aiello

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_D
    I won’t dodge the question though, so here's what the BASE award means to me. It’s a yard stick that shows where we've come from and also where we are right now. The stories surrounding the first numbers issued is the very story of BASE jumping itself. I think it's the "number" part of the BASE award that bothers some people. If you came late to the party, and I'm not saying this means you as I don’t know if you've been around 30 years or 30 minutes, the numbers can seem so high as to be inconsequential. But that's wrong because just as the first thousand numbers issued have a story to tell, so will the next thousand, and the thousand after that. The history of BASE jumping is a living breathing thing and its unfolding right before our very eyes. History means what happened yesteryear and also what happened yesterday.
    Nick,

This deserves to be a separate post, starting a thread of it's own.

The 12-year old was Casey, the son of the late John Hoover. This was a a family affair as Casey's grandmother is holding the young man's direct bag as John did a freefall next to him.

The photo made the rounds and it raised a stink. The funny thing is most of the noise came from the skydiving community while many on the BASE side (including me) thought it kind of cool. The difference is between then and now. I'm not as "BASE Stupid" as I was in 1988 . . .

NickD
    BASE 194

Tom Aiello

Another difference may also be that the father, in that case, was intimately familiar with the risks involved. I say "may" because we don't know anything about the parents' level of education about the risks in this case

Dietrying360

if any of you have a problem with this then bring it up with her. her e-mail is dietrying360@yahoo.com or to prove that you realy want to make a fuss and that you arn't just board f*&%s then go to twin falls and give her ****. she can take it.

Tom Aiello

if any of you have a problem with this then bring it up with her. her e-mail is dietrying360@yahoo.com
    I assume then, that you are her?

then go to twin falls...
    When will she (you?) be here?

Tom Aiello

As a side note, if anyone missed the concurrent discussion at DZ.com, you can find it here. I'm sure that the moderator over there would appreciate if the more flameworthy posts stayed on this board.

Dietrying360

yes she is going to be at twin falls and no i am not her. I am just a friend.

Thijs

Re: Youngest BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

if any of you have a problem with this then bring it up with her. her e-mail is dietrying360@yahoo.com
    I send her a pretty polite email telling her about these discussions and asking here to explain why she is doing this. See if she drops me a response.

Thijs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast