Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Younges BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Dietrying360

Lightbulb Younges BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

her name is Clair Nicholas. She is 16 years old. she has had no skydiving expirance what so ever. she is currently BASE jumping and loving every jump more than the last. she will eventuall go skydive but for the moment she is super into BASE. she is graduated from High school. that is why she has enough time to learn everything she needs to about BASE.

What do you think about this?

sean

Re: Younges BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

I hope she makes it to 17.

i hope she goes in
    what do you think about this?

Thijs

Re: Youngest BASE jumper with no sky experiance is a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrying360
    What do you think about this?
    1. Post pics

2. What is the purpose of this post? This board doesn't need another post war about how to get into base and what the minimum requierments are to jump. Each individual follows his or hers own path into base, we should stop criticising each others methods.

3. What about legal consequences for her mentor? She is still a minor. If she gets injured, how could or with what can the jumpers involved on that jump be charged?

Off topic: does US High school already finishes at 16?

martin.ger

Quote Originally Posted by desert1
    i hope she goes in
    Nice, Luka, good shot, man!!

Dietrying360

will have pictures soon. she went to Home school and wanted to finish and get on with her life.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

is this some kind of braging , is this something what everyone needs to know Is she american? well guys she propably already has a driving licence ... without a comment for the pearson who brought her in, he definetly has good nearves. U cant blame it on her.
    every beginning is hard

sean

you can blame it on her?Yes you can...if she shot herself in the face who would you blame?There is no difference.

i hope she lives a long and happy life...for her parents sake...i hope the guy/girl who brought her to this dark and dangerous place and advised her that it wold be ok will never have to help carry her from some place while she screams her head off because she has a broken pelvis for example....Her responsibility is exactly that hers...her age does however deflect some of that onto whoever is looking after her.. wish her the best of luck,the lightest of winds and the softest of landings.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Unhappy Re: Younges BASE jumper with no sky expirance is a girl

Quote Originally Posted by desert1
    i hope she goes in
    That's kind of harsh .E

..."What do you think about this ?
    -

Dude, never underestimate the BASE publics appetite for CRAP.

Hey I tell ya. This thread sure beats the hell outa

My Boyfriend wont Let Me BASE. Over on DZ.com.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by sean
    you can blame it on her?Yes you can...
    she is only 16, in the eyes of law she is still a minor, she cant vote,, she cant get merried without parents signing for her, she cant get a beer in a bar, and she cant propably do many other things... If that would b the age for which one would b responsible for the things he/she does then it wouldnt make adiference, but when u r 16 - do u remember all the stupid things u did at that age, with hormons going wild, not thinking streight - well atleast not thiking as u do now ... u know how u didnt listen to other people experiance, u wanted to do it all by your self...

but i can blame it on the one who brought her to this beautifull place could exit, to excelent thing Base jumping, without any skydiving and not waiting as long as she gets more mature and gaines some experience in life in general... Base is not dark, we r blesed couse we can do it, but as long as we realise its dangerous
    every beginning is hard

Quote Originally Posted by jupija
    do u remember all the stupid things u did at that age, with hormons going wild, not thinking streight - well atleast not thiking as u do now ... u know how u didnt listen to other people experiance, u wanted to do it all by your self...

I'd rather someone give her a rig and tell her to go jump, than a gun and tell her to go 'liberate' a country. In many "civilised" countries around the world - the UK being one of them - the government, with the approval of the people, recruit, train and then send off to war, girls and boys of her age.

I know what i'd rather see her doing. At the very least her mistakes and naivete will only get her hurt; not a family of four passing through a checkpoint in a car.

That's just a thought.

ian

Dietrying360

she is not like any other girl i have ever met. she knows what she wants and she goes for it. she didn't wake up one mornig and say i want to go BASE. she has wanted to do this for a long time. I know this because I am one of her good friends. she did also get permision from her mom, who will by the way be there watching when she jumps in Twin Falls. She is more mature than any other girl her age. she has her lif in order and is working on improving it. I am much older than she is and i find her more fun to hang with than any other person. because she is so nice and kinda crazy. she is majorly into the out door. she is a good climber and is working on getting better. she never lets anyone tell her that she can't do something. her will to do what she enjoys far exceds many others.

Thijs

Migth all be right DieTrying360, but her aproach to base is far from good (in my opinion).

Say she jumps a 300 ft object, hop 'n pop, ends up with linetwists. How do you know she will be able to clear them in time? When you have linetwists on your first skydives, you have plenty of altitude to clear them, you don't have that in base.

Being mature or having a strong will for something can't replace skills, certainly not in base.

Well, she jumps. Naging here about the fact that she should beter not jump is a waste of time.

Cya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast