Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the highest BASE Number issued to date?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Re: What is the highest BASE Number issued to date?

hey spiderman, no point taking the piss,

we are all intelligent enough to realise that BASE numbers are not a reflection of the number of people that have jumped the 4, but some of us just like to be attached to the history of a certain individual... its a respect thing... nothing more.. nothing less..

You said that very well, Mac.

It's like we knew Elvis, except I didn't think of Carl like that at the time . . . If I had just a little more forethought I would have followed him around and been sitting there every time he opened his mouth.

Congrats to 1029 and 1030!

Good things have staying power and if the BASE numbers someday go by the wayside then it will be time. However, I'd wager twenty years from now someone will still be awarding BASE numbers. Does anyone here think offheading.com is still going twenty years from now?

NickD
    BASE 194

piccion01

Smile Re: What is the highest BASE Number issued to date?

hello boys. I have closed word B.A.S.E. the 4 september 2005, I have sent documents from 3 weeks in are attended of allocation of the number.
    piccion!!!

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac
    hey spiderman, no point taking the piss,

we are all intelligent enough to realise that BASE numbers are not a reflection of the number of people that have jumped the 4, but some of us just like to be attached to the history of a certain individual... its a respect thing... nothing more.. nothing less..
    Relax man. I have strange form of humour and Faber is very right about the morphine. I just remooved 2 kg of metal from my body and with all the painkillers strange things are being typed on the keyboard.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

would say that Spiderman has alot of respect for BASE,atleast he wouldnt jump whith me last time he payed a visit,however his a perfect GC as even his foot were really BAD,he were the one recovering my unconcius boby from the tree i had desided to fly INTO(not from above).Im happy that i could scare him by waking up while he were hucking me.

Becourse you dont want a BASE#,or feel that the Carl B. thing is kind of "pop" at this point dosnt mean that people has no respect for BASE,actualy i know serval people whith out BASE# that respect BASE more than many whith a # does..

Actualy(whith out putting words or surgesting i know,abot Carl)i think Carl would see the funny part in all this..I see him as a calm relaxed person and i dont think he wanted discussions like this i like to see him as a person looking at all people as equal,no matter a # or not....

by the end of the day im a BASE JUMPER not a part of the history(just yet),so why all that talk about it..(somtimes i get affaid that we one day need to werrify ourself by handsigns and go whith funny headwear(oh well )

Spiderman,i still dont have your mail...Lene and the kids says hello and whish you a speedy recovery(well,it cant really be speedy at this point i guess,but atleast we hope you heal )

dont forget to hide some morphine

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Spiderman's Avatar

Talking Re: What is the highest BASE Number issued to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Faber
    would say that Spiderman has alot of respect for BASE,atleast he wouldnt jump whith me last time he payed a visit,however his a perfect GC as even his foot were really BAD,he were the one recovering my unconcius boby from the tree i had desided to fly INTO(not from above).Im happy that i could scare him by waking up while he were hucking me.
    Dude. Dont remind me on that horrible story. We really thought you were "game over". (I havent been running again on my ****ed ankle ever since then). With that poor artificial light and your white face hanging upside down the tree a dead person looks more alife than you did. We were taking of your gear and planned to run away asap, but you woke up from the coma, and my dream of a new canopy and Tigerns plans of a new rig faded away...

Maybe there is a number for that

Being dead but not dead base #1

Safe jumps & Unsafe party

Ps. You got mail!

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

I just got 1033. It's been an up and down journey. HA HA HA!

sean

1033 nice work mate...glad we had the object to lend you for it...see ya soon

BASE1036

Now announcing BASE 1036

The Qualifying Jumps:

“B” Sun November 16, 2003 approximately 2:30 am - **** ***** – Tampa FL - 485 feet. This is an excellent building to jump. The roof access is all but unguarded, and access is a breeze. The landing area includes a water out, and a huge sidewalk on two sides of the building.

“A” Thursday May 29, 2003 5:30am – TV Antenna ****** FL – 1680 feet. This was a very solemn jump, as I was going to jump the very antenna that *** had died on. I met *** when I went to a DZ up north few years back, and as the anniversary of his death rolled around, it was only fitting to do a memorial jump. Went great, spent the rest of the day at Deland jumping.

“S” Thursday January 1 2004 6:00am – ******** Bridge – ******** Massachusetts. This bridge was very tricky, and looking back was not a good bridge to jump given my inexperience at the time. The only exit point was above the road way, on the structure of the bridge. The bridge it self, is 135 feet above the water, and the structure of the bridge is about 70 feet above the road, so the only option was to jump from the upper railing. The hitch…Mass State police headquarters is at the base of the bridge, and there is live feed for traffic updates. Luckily this was in the middle of the winter, and the Cape was dead. The water had frozen over, but there was no guarantee as to how thick the ice was. Landing in the water during the summer months is unheard of due to the overly strong currents in the canal. My LZ was going to be a walking path on the side of the canal, but by the time I maneuvered over that way, it was clear I was going to land on the ice below. Trekking across the ice was the scariest part of the jump. With every step I knew that I was going to fall through the ice into the freezing canal, and get swept under the ice. What a way to start the new year!

“E” Sunday Sept 11 2005 – 10:45 PM – Phosphate pit – Central FL – 290 feet. I originally thought that I would have to go to MOAB or Nor Cal to get my “E” (As I live in FL and it is FLAT) but a few nights ago I heard some mine workers talking about a pit that was going to be emptied out and filled in. Knowing that some of these pits can be very deep, I enquired as to how deep this one was, and started talking about how much rock and sand it would take to fill it. I went to the site, and expected to find a very narrow hole with water filling most of the bottom, but to my surprise, there lay a hole about the size of ½ of a foot ball field with a gently sloped north side and a sheer vertical south side. In fact the south side of the pit had actually been under cut, as to offer a slight over hang. I was SO excited! To make my last qualifying jump just miles from where I had started BASE! I immediately went to the truck, and got the range finder, first measurement read 291 feet, second measurement read 292 feet. It was a matter of minutes before I was geared up and ready to flick! I jumped it 4 times that night, and plan to return before the said fill in.

So far I have been very lucky in all of my experiences. Finding this new world has surely saved me from dying from a life left lacking.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Faber's Avatar

Congrats in compleeting the word
    Have Fun
    Faber

Being dead but not dead BASE #!
    Nominated by Spiderman...

sitflybaseboy

Cool Re: What is the highest BASE Number issued to date?

I'm pending too. Sent mine in on 10/10. Been working on it for a total of 23 years. I had ASE for 15 plus years, then got my first 2 Bs on the same weekend!!!!!

321CYA

Sitflybaseboy

Fork And Spoon Operator ZegeunerLeben's Avatar

>>BASE #1039 has been issued (not to me)

Joe Mama

What about butt plug base? I know there's gotta be a bunch of people here with that.

Smile Re: What is the highest BASE Number issued to date?

CONGRATS to all the new BASE # recipients!!!

Keep posting to the thread an let us know what number you just got.
    Last edited by Johnny Utah; November 8th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) fastpete's Avatar

Yo Fat ass friendly mother f...jetlagmyass Johnny...
    did you got my email?

Fastone !!

F...the Finns !!
    see ya and Fuck the Finns !!!!!!
    FastPete
    www.pete.fi
    pete@pete.fi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast