Thread: Norway Heliboogie

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Norway Heliboogie

I bought tickets to Norway for the Heliboogie. I guess I should have done my homework first rather than after I bought the tickets.

If anyone familiar with this trip could offer some advice I would appreciate it.

The tickets I bought have me arriving on Saturday and leaving the next Sunday. My plan was to rent a station wagon or a van for the trip and sleep in that, but now I'm finding that the car rental companies at the airport are closed on weekends. Is there anywhere else in Stavanger to rent a car that would be open?

If not I guess I'll just take the ferry to Lysebotn, but my flight out is at noon on Sunday and it doesn't look like there's a morning ferry on Sunday. Is there another way back to Stavanger or will I have to leave Lysebotn on Saturday evening in order to catch my flight?

Also, if I can't rent a car I'd need to find a place to sleep. It sounds like a lot of people had problems with the management at the campground and whitehouse last year. Is there another option or is that the only place to stay? Is it under the same management?

And the last thing is I've heard rumors that the cops out there can enforce random piss testing for jumpers and tourists. I heard they did this at the Heliboogie in 2004. Can anyone confirm weather or not this is true? If it is, how likely is it to happen? Do I need to clean out my system before I go?

Thanks for any help...

Tony

Re: Norway Heliboogie

you can camp around the area for free, take some camping food with you from us, if you want to save some money. the cop thing never seen a cop there, you can ask stain at www.basekjerag.com