Thread: Hi Dan!

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

Hi Dan!

Dan Horner from the NPS is online at BLiNC. He hasn't forgotten us!

BASE666 (not the real base666)
    BASE Jumping:: BLiNC Magazine Forums

Hi Dan! Should we block the entire NPS network, 165.83.0.0/16 ? Nawww, that would be punishing the entire NPS for the actions of a few. Maybe just the yosemite subnet then?

How ironic, that we are punished for something that does not affect you or any other person but I couldn't really care less about punishing you for perusing our site that does in turn affect us, as you use this information for _CRIMINAL_ investigation. CRIMINAL. Amazing, that parachuting on public land is a criminal offense. How many jumpers do you fail to catch each year? How many do you estimate? I'm curious to know what you think goes on in the park.

-EC#791
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Re: Hi Dan!

Maggot told me Dan gives incredible blow jobs.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

That is amusing.
    I brought up the IP stuff on bj.com and evidently a lot of people log on from the NPS block are just regular park visitors using their access points. (Evidently the park has wifi access points? That's more technological than a parachute, isn't it?)
    If you've got access, and feel like sharing, what is the IP distribution on Dan's logons? Does he sit in his office on a desktop with a fixed IP, or is he running around with a laptop?

Also, wireless access points will often to NAT, so it's not uncommon to have a hundred users on an AP all showing up as having the same IP address to the outside world.

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

Sure, this is all public information.

So far he's come from 165.83.255.218. The Yosemite subnet is 165.83.252.0/22, meaning all IP's from 165.83.252.1 to 165.83.255.254.

Maybe if government agencies stopped wasting IPs and used private IP schemes behind NAT (as you mentioned), we wouldn't be at 86% capacity of IPv4 and in a rush to roll out IPv6.

But what do I know. I'm just a citizen.
    Last edited by hamsandwich; February 7th, 2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: n't
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Fork And Spoon Operator ZegeunerLeben's Avatar

>>Shutdown that subnet. Block 165.83.whatthefuckever on all ports. Fuck 'em