Thread: did he earn a # ?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

did he earn a # ?

richard heaton. nope. not a base death.

in case anyone was going to ask why he doesn't show up on the list.

-
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

ShamWOW sponsored Ahole

Re: did he earn a # ?

Well, Duh.

Still a really fucked way to go. But, it could have been so easily prevented.

It has come to light, on the "other" forum, alcohol may have been a factor. That would explain alot.
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate. There's some people you just can't reach."

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

yeah, duh, but you'd be surprised the questions that come in about why a certain skydiving death isn't on the list.

Agreed, a fucked up way to go but his choice. I went on the hillarybase forum to see the thread and it's amazing how people want to regulate jumping. Even jumpers want regulation! Jason, man, I think you've gone off the deep end, I'm sorry. Management Plan? Really? C'mon! Management plans are to conserve resources for all people use equally, not to save people from themselves. Hillary Clinton is here for that.

Adam Lanes, Avery, Tree, Paul Iglin, etc have it dead on. Dudeman made choices for his own life. We can form opinions about them, but they are his to make freely.

Before the body was found I spoke with Richard's friend Ryan who was looking for him. Ryan gave him loads of advice already. Besides telling him to call locals, he even told Richard even call Johnny U, Miles and others that are known to have considerable experience at the site and are willing to help. He even went as far as telling him to through a backpack with supplies down into the landing area before jumping in case it was needed.

How many people have to die from living? Maybe it should be illegal; punishable by death.

oh ya, and the buzzer idea... holy shit i haven't laughed that hard since seth told me he hit index for the second time and landed unscathed, but with a diaperload in his shorts!

-
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Still a really fucked way to go. But, it could have been so easily prevented.
    Really! Wow bro it got to write that down and put it inside fortune cookies, make millions, and find a really great way to go in.

To all here and on Tom's site:

Stop telling people how to live or terminate their own lives! Who the fuck are you? Or better yet, who the fuck do you think you are? I got more jumps than most of those BASE wisdom-selling delusional motherfuckers and let me give you a nugget of wisdom here: Live your own life and let others live their own lives! Richard did not take anyone with him, he made a choice, probably had a ball on that jump and then he fucked up and went in, so what? The only certainty in life is death so piss off. His urge to jump was stronger than the need to think about what he did not know. None knows what he does not know.

"Don't jump alone" "Don't jump in the dark" "Don't jump into an unfamiliar place" "Don't do drugs"

How about "don't do a fucking thing so when you are 80 years old and finally the only thought of wisdom you're ever had comes to you and you go 'FUCK'"
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

ShamWOW sponsored Ahole

I think you've been spending too much time in the Florida sun.

If my significant other went off to Idaho or any other place on their own to make a base jump, then called me before the jump, I would insist they called me back after the jump. When they didn't, I'm pretty damn sure I wouldn't wait 36 hours to report them missing.

His "Ex-Mentor" called me the day he came up missing and told me Richard had no business out here jumping alone.
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate. There's some people you just can't reach."

Stop putting yourself in the situation! He was not you. Everyone is different for fuck's sake.

I personally would not jump such an object in the cold and dark without knowing my way out, or maybe I would who the fuck knows, I've done much dumber things in my time. But that is fucking me, not you, not Richard!

I'm not any more righteous than you or Richard or anybody else in this tinny fucking place.

Was this accident preventable, of course. Every single death or injury in BASE is 100% absolutely positively preventable: JUST DON'T FUCKING JUMP!

We can beat this to death, the bottom line is stop telling people how to live or die, find your own way of living and dieing possibly w/out taking anyone with you uless it's agreed upon.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

His "Ex-Mentor" called me the day he came up missing and told me Richard had no business out here jumping alone
    Tell his mentor to gimme a call 570 332 8964 so I can tell him he has no business telling anyone thay have no business in doing anything.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

ShamWOW sponsored Ahole

Quote Originally Posted by nicknitro71 View Post
    Stop putting yourself in the situation! He was not you. Everyone is different for fuck's sake.
    If you actually read my reply, you would realize I wasn't putting myself in HIS situation. I was putting myself in the situation of the "ONLY" person that knew he was out here.

I don't know how long it takes a person to die from Hypothermia, but it is definitely not instant.

If someone had reported him missing sooner, even the next morning, instead of 36 hours later, he may have had a chance at survival.

he may have had a chance at survival.
    Let me break you the news lionheart: In life there is not a single chance at survival.

I wonder at what point in your time you will understand that shit and death just happen.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) badenhop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicknitro71 View Post
    Let me break you the news lionheart: In life there is not a single chance at survival.

I wonder at what point in your time you will understand that shit and death just happen.
    Yes, also there are many chances for living, but you have to think.
    Shit is not always bad, and death is sometimes good, you decide.
    If I have a marker, which I am not going to have, it will say:

Avery
    Dead
    Okay
    so what are you going to do now?
    ================================

Beautiful planet,
    rotten world.

================================

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Yes, also there are many chances for living, but you have to think
    Many people far smarter than you and me died doing what hindsight would coin as a "foolish act"

so what are you going to do now?
    Hopefully smoke some of that incredible grass of yours
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging