Thread: Twin Falls BASE Association

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

Post Twin Falls BASE Association

The attached press release went to the Times-News editors today.

-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Re: Twin Falls BASE Association

I like what I read...however here is what I fear:

-Nazism and communism started out as actually pretty good ideas for the time.

-USPA regulations/suggestions are seen by many as rules and in most DZs you will get banned for braking them.

-Collective thinking will produce nothing but mediocrity.

-Dictatorship: I wonder how long it will take for Mr. Aiello to be the sole dictator and start to fuck things up.

-Make sure you know the facts before even remotely suggesting or regulating anything. For instance, I did call the Idaho DOT and spoke to one of the supervisors (unfortunately I did not write down his name) and there is no rule/regulation about jumping from the top of the rail. And so that you don't get the wrong idea I do not jump from the top of the rail, never did once.

-My freedom as a jumper being taken away. I BASE mainly to feel 100% free. Skydiving gives about 80%, life in general about 10%. In BASE it's 100% up to me to live, die, fuck things up, and have a good time (and if I jump with other people and they fuck me over, it still was my decision to jump with them). If I want to try to do something considered by many fucked up, outrageous, Darwinian, I still want to be able to do it without suffering consequences (other than personal ones like injuries or death), even very minor ones.

Again, I have no problems in what I read but I got some bad feelings in where this MIGHT take us.

Jump out with your cock out!
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

Blog Entries

Here Nick - Oh...and you're still gay, even if it WAS just one b-l-o-wjob.

Quote Originally Posted by nicknitro71 View Post
    I like what I read...however here is what I fear:

-Nazism and communism started out as actually pretty good ideas for the time.

No way man - we have a token Hebrew for just such a contingency.

-USPA regulations/suggestions are seen by many as rules and in most DZs you will get banned for braking them.

They're called RECOMMENDATIONS - Miles chose the terminology. No one has the power to ban anyone at the tater - not even the po-po.

-Collective thinking will produce nothing but mediocrity.

Collective thinking? Did you see the roster? It was a bloodbath that got scrubbed out. Very divergent opinions came together for a good thing - it doesn't mean anyone's personal opinions changed.

-Dictatorship: I wonder how long it will take for Mr. Aiello to be the sole dictator and start to fuck things up.

If you would have been a fly on the wall - you would not have this concern dude - trust me.

-Make sure you know the facts before even remotely suggesting or regulating anything. For instance, I did call the Idaho DOT and spoke to one of the supervisors (unfortunately I did not write down his name) and there is no rule/regulation about jumping from the top of the rail. And so that you don't get the wrong idea I do not jump from the top of the rail, never did once.

No One is regulating anything.

-My freedom as a jumper being taken away. I BASE mainly to feel 100% free. Skydiving gives about 80%, life in general about 10%. In BASE it's 100% up to me to live, die, fuck things up, and have a good time (and if I jump with other people and they fuck me over, it still was my decision to jump with them). If I want to try to do something considered by many fucked up, outrageous, Darwinian, I still want to be able to do it without suffering consequences (other than personal ones like injuries or death), even very minor ones.

Die all you want Nick - no one will ever try to take that from you - but the locals are still going to have to suffer from it if you do it off the tater. We would like to mitigate that impact (no pun intended) a little if we can.

It should be a relief that there is now a target of opportunity for the naysayers and the press the next time someone tries to burn the bridge by being a retard.

Again, I have no problems in what I read but I got some bad feelings in where this MIGHT take us.

Jump out with your cock out!
    Wait! No...you're still gay.
    - Harvey
    BASE 1232
    BLiNC Team Member

Here Nick - Oh...and you're still gay, even if it WAS just one b-l-o-wjob.
    I know, why do you have to remind me of that all the time?

No way man - we have a token Hebrew for just such a contingency.
    You call a kosher pimp your contingency plan?

They're called RECOMMENDATIONS - Miles chose the terminology. No one has the power to ban anyone at the tater - not even the po-po.
    I hope it stays this way.

Collective thinking? Did you see the roster? It was a bloodbath that got scrubbed out. Very divergent opinions came together for a good thing - it doesn't mean anyone's personal opinions changed.
    I hope it will always stay a bloodbath.

No One is regulating anything.
    For now...

Die all you want Nick - no one will ever try to take that from you - but the locals are still going to have to suffer from it if you do it off the tater. We would like to mitigate that impact (no pun intended) a little if we can.

It should be a relief that there is now a target of opportunity for the naysayers and the press the next time someone tries to burn the bridge by being a retard.
    Mitigate all you want, I respect that, just let people live and die on their own terms.

Wait! No...you're still gay.
    I know
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

SplatulaSponsoredAthlete lifewithoutanet's Avatar

Any new news since the release? Any outreach from the media to find out more about you guys?
    -C.

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

not yet. the next release will be about our donation and probably a clean the canyon event and/or accuracy contest. The group has alot of fun ideas for events and involving the community.
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl