Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Locking off' 3 rings

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

'Locking off' 3 rings

What methods ( if any) do you use to lock off your 3 ring assembly.
    I like having the flexibility of having a cutaway option ( other than riser hacking) on a rig if jump requires it....but in balance would prefer to be able to lock off the cutaway assembly for those jumps that pose a low risk of needing to cutaway ( just in case of of that black death random factor of perhaps snagging the handle/assembly etc on something you didnt think about)
    My preferred method at the mo is a set of slinks on the 3rings themselves...( big to small)
    Anybody else use anything else...?

(Other than dildo's/midgets/cocaine baggy/underpants etc etc ......yawn)

Re: 'Locking off' 3 rings

Maggot's little cock works great, too bad he only has one and it's too small to cut it in half for both risers.

Those questions should be asked here FYI.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

Those questions should be asked here FYI.
    whats wrong with here ?

I think Tom's forum is a much more appropriate place for mindless and thoughtless questions. If you got something even remotely insightful or funny to share with us please do so otherwise click here
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

Mate.... for fucks sake.... dont you ever let up? or is it hard for your homosexual obsession to be caged when people are trying to discuss non homosexual, non midget fucking, non cocaine snorting, non whore feltching, non I love maggot so much I use him as a blackboard for my own sexual drives to stick dick in arse.... Post this shit in threads that deserve an arse worshipping rim jobber venting his pent up anger...... feltch a tramp with piles and be a real man.....

Now we're getting somewhere Mac!

And while you're here what PC should I use to do a tard-over off a 120' and should I pack slider up or down, and it's Raven ok for that, do I really need valves? How do I shave my pussy? Why can't most guys make me cum sucking on my clit? Didn't they teach that stuff in school? Why not?
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

Jesus, I just fan the flames hey!

Zoter, in reply, I never, and never knew anyone, who locked their 3 rings.... but i do know of one person that had a riser release.... he was ok, and it seemed that the issue was from wear and tear on his loop from possibly dragging his rig whislt stowing the lines....

Blinc's worth more than that Nick....
    if you aint got nothing productive to contribute ...
    ( Other than fuck off...expletive 'x'...midgets...cocaine...could go on..but ...yawn..feeling sleepy) which with your extensive experience ,I sincerely doubt
    Then maybe...just maybe....'dont contribute to the thread'

Share your experience, dont be an ass ( some of the time is fine...all of it is just boring)

So anyone else out there care to share?

Edit: thanks Mac.....its just another one of those niggling issues I look at and think about when its windy..I want the best of both worlds but cant afford equipment thats specific to each situation

Dude,

Good thing I'm in the mood to fuck around this morning! Why don't you just do a fucking search?

And the fact that you want to lock your risers tells me that you got gear fear that it's going to fuck you up at the exit point. I got one million skydives and half million gay object jumps with that stupid lexan cable inside those idiotic nylon loops and guess what? It fucking never failed once!

There are idiots who use rapide links, idiots who want l-bar risers, idiots who want sewn-in risers, I'm the idiot who says that there is nothing wrong with the idiotic cable and loop.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

I'm the idiot who says that there is nothing wrong with the idiotic cable and loop.
    I did a jump recently with a tracking suit.....on landing I noted the pocket seam of that tracking suit had snagged on the cable enders of the cutaway system ( which had been correctly 'stowed' behind the MLW per jump)
    Under the right conditions this absolutely could have stripped the handle off the velcro and released at least one riser.

I also jump with some cam setups that are mounted in the region of the handle....and the 3 ring assembly.

If this line of thinking has nver occured to you ,clearly your 'experience' is not the same as mine....in which case....and with respect...if you cant add something productive....fuck off..
    feel free to ignore this entirely 'useless' post.....I reckon, howver thats just something you are unable to do.

I'm looking for replies from those who did think there was a need to perform this mod...

Then buy a tracking suit that was developed not to snag on your gear.

If you really fear that why don't you just wrap a velcro band inside the cutaway loop and around the MLW intead of dicking around with the loops?
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

If you really fear that why don't you just wrap a velcro band inside the cutaway loop and around the MLW intead of dicking around with the loops?
    thanks...
    took you a while for you to get here from the original post....glad you made it
    thats all I am looking for....other peoples thoughts /ideas...

fixMe

Exclamation Re: 'Locking off' 3 rings

Quote Originally Posted by Zoter View Post
    thanks...
    took you a while for you to get here from the original post....glad you made it
    thats all I am looking for....other peoples thoughts /ideas...

when i used to have a cutaway system i just wrapped gaffers tapes around my cutaway handle.
    some people have had their cutaway handle pullupward-on openings in full-flight. and i always open in full flight.

i now have my cotainer with built in risers. its nice to not hav to worry about the 3 rings, the white loop, the yellow cable goin' threw. and also the handle.

"CALVIN19" AT BJ.COM HAS PICTURES IN HIS PROFILE OF HOW HE PUTS DACRON THREW HIS 3 RING SYSTEM, PM HIM AS WELL.

BYE

fixMe

Talking Re: 'Locking off' 3 rings

Quote Originally Posted by nicknitro71 View Post
    Dude,

Good thing I'm in the mood to fuck around this morning! Why don't you just do a fucking search?

And the fact that you want to lock your risers tells me that you got gear fear that it's going to fuck you up at the exit point. I got one million skydives and half million gay object jumps with that stupid lexan cable inside those idiotic nylon loops and guess what? It fucking never failed once!

There are idiots who use rapide links, idiots who want l-bar risers, idiots who want sewn-in risers, I'm the idiot who says that there is nothing wrong with the idiotic cable and loop.
    hmmm, so now we're idiots ? thanx.

I thought i was just bein' safe(er)! And also having a slightly ligher rig for longer hikes, which on longer hikes all the weight adds up! I like having a "stipped down" rig. I also don't have foam in the rig as well. makes easier to stuff in my stash bag!

later

Quote Originally Posted by Zoter View Post
    whats wrong with here ?
    nothing is wrong with here. Thanks for starting the thread.

I've heard of cases where 3 rings have released. I met a jumper from Hungary at the ITW who had a 3-ring release at that same location. He spun in and got hurt. I think they figured the cable got pulled out of the loop on one side somehow. When I met him he was using something like what you're talking about Zoter. I can't remember exactly what he was using to lock the 3-rings though. I've heard of using slinks from others as well. Not a bad idea. Even if Nick does a million jumps without a premature 3-ring release, his track-record wont matter to you if you happen to have a 3-ring release; and they have happened. I'd like to hear other ideas people have as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast