Thread: Oh, the irony...

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    SplatulaSponsoredAthlete lifewithoutanet's Avatar

Oh, the irony...

I'll just stick to the pure irony of the lawyer's statement in this story: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23333055 .

"...the owners of the Empire State Building are negligent because they dont have a steel mesh canopy over the observation deck to prevent would-be suicides from jumping off. The building, he said, is an attractive nuisance  it attracts people who want to do themselves harm. As such, it has an obligation to protect people from themselves by making it impossible to climb over the barrier and leap."

That just had me falling out of my chair in laughter.

-C.
    Last edited by lifewithoutanet; February 27th, 2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Clarification of quote.

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

Re: Oh, the irony...

Landing a wingsuit is so 1950's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Valentin). Jeb should try and land with an all black sea-anchor. Maybe that will get daddy to love you!

-
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

fuck I want to shake and punch the fucking screen right now just reading that stupid quote over again. Protect from ourselves?? Years of arguing that we're adults that understand respobinsibilty for our actions better than anyone else and this jamoke can't sack up. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE.

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Bro,

It's a lawyers' game don't take it so damn seriously. It's a fucking game. Jeb got sued he sued back, you would have done the same. As for the semantics, they are not his words but the words of lawyers.

The only thing that pisses me off is that he should have jumped. Probably he started doing his everlasting breathing rituals at the exit point instead of just jump. He should have just climbed the fence and go for fuck sake.

And yes the system should protect us from people like us, look the shit we do to be in the moment I fucking almost went in two weeks ago...but I got to jump a sweet B over the week-end.

Ciao bello!
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

fixMe

Talking Re: Oh, the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by hamsandwich View Post
    fuck I want to shake and punch the fucking screen right now just reading that stupid quote over again. Protect from ourselves?? Years of arguing that we're adults that understand respobinsibilty for our actions better than anyone else and this jamoke can't sack up. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE.
    i kinda have 2 agree with nitro on this one...but i will also say IT SHOULD have been done at night or at another time or day etc.... i think the evlevadors work to the deck til' 8 or 9 pm??? and the helicopter filming n' stuffff was a bad idea......

but as the super moderator you can say what ever you want!

jeb's an ok guy i'm sure the next time he's ever up at the perrine just tell him how you feel over a wingsuit jump or sumthin' at your DZ and maybe??? uh, or maybe not. or maybe what i'm sayin' is pointless............or

bye

Quote Originally Posted by nicknitro71 View Post
    It's a lawyers' game don't take it so damn seriously. It's a fucking game. Jeb got sued he sued back, you would have done the same. As for the semantics, they are not his words but the words of lawyers.
    I have to disagree with you on this one Nick

Jeb's lawyer is representing Jeb and only says what Jeb approves for him to say.

More on Jeb burning the largest city in America in this thread: NYC burns on

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Jeb's lawyer is representing Jeb and only says what Jeb approves for him to say.
    Exactly. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by fixMe View Post
    but as the super moderator you can say what ever you want!
    HAHA! That's dorkzone. Here we can all say anything we want; like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by fixMe View Post
    jeb's an ok guy i'm sure the next time he's ever up at the perrine just tell him how you feel over a wingsuit jump or sumthin' at your DZ and maybe??? uh, or maybe not. or maybe what i'm sayin' is pointless............or
    Like I'd let him jump out of my plane so he can sue me from overheating in his weird-guy-in-black clothing!

Now, the rest of you are all invited to come play at the DZ and I'll even allow free BASE jumps from the Perrine from 6-9pm. It's BASE Jumper Happy Hour at the Perrine!

PS- I like the bold text when responding with quotes. Thanks!

-

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

You are all falling for the trap and giving Jeb the attention that he so badly craves. It is funny that they made such a big to do about the wingsuit to canopy dock that was originally done a year ago. I've got my line! I'm matching speed! I touched a dude's butt in flight!

Please land the wingsuit already. And don't be a pussy and wear a rig. If you are going to do it, do it and shut up already. I can see him putting together the ramp, getting all of the media to watch, and then deploying at 500' when he realizes death is imminent. Only $2M for all of that attention? Seems like a bargain.
    "To the extreme I rock the mike like a vandal
    light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"

www.TandemBASE.com

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) turkishmole's Avatar

yeah im with you its all bullshit and we have our own home grown version in NZ
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10485377

ShamWOW sponsored Ahole

Quote Originally Posted by hamsandwich View Post
    You're just jealous, cause you don't look as good wearing all black.
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate. There's some people you just can't reach."

Fork And Spoon Operator ZegeunerLeben's Avatar

>>Jeb is a giant shit sandwich and he wants us all to take a bite.