Thread: Questions

1. Header
  2. Header-58

If this is your first visit, start by reading the following…

rthahn25

Questions

I have always wanted to BASE jump, but I know almost nothing about. Well, nothing that will help me anyways. So just some basic information would be great.
    -How much skydiving I should do first?
    -Where are good spots to start?
    -What equipment do I need to buy?
    -Where should I buy the equipment?

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Re: Questions

I paid 1300 bucks for my rig. I only paid 500 more than I should have!

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

i guess i've taught you everything you need to know now, stone. Looks like you're a internt base-god now!

Learn Canopy skills and learn how seven cell parachutes fly and how to deal with malfuctions.

There's lots of fun and challenging things in skydiving that you will miss out on if your focus is only base but with that in mind here's some suggestions.

Skydiving + paragliding would be ideal. Once of your student status, if your goal is to base jump then stick with a larger 7 cell canopy and learn to fly it precisely. Get into CRW if you have crwdogs at your dz. Make sure you are a descent tracker and can maintain a heading relative to the ground and recover from unusual attitudes. Dead-air exits you can learn when you start base jumping, its not that big of a deal to add one once you have all the other skills. Be good under pressure.. relaxed and able to react. Plan for accuracy on each jump and don't be lazy grabbing your toggles and correcting heading because there's nothing to hit. It takes a while for skydivers to grab shit quickly when they move to base. worry about who's course to take once you're ready. a year or two from now there may be different people in the game and the best would be if there was a quailified local mentor that you can work with.

put yourself in and out of linetwists. Pack shitty and see what happens. deal with malfunctions.

cya,
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

I have much better advice for you young Jedi:

First - DO NOT listen to anything these assholes have told you thus far.

Second - There is a great website called basejumper.com

Third - Go to this website, sign up, and post the exact (I mean copy and paste) same post you put in this thread.

Fourth - Then just sit back and take in all the great advice. Let me tell you something that site has VERY experienced BASE jumpers with something like 30 total (yes I said 30) BASE jumps off that bridge these other people talk about in Idaho. They give great advice cause they know lots from being in this great sport for 6 months. Listen to EVERYTHING they have to say cause learning how to BASE jump off the internet is the coolest thing to do now, you know like the Jonas Brothers.

Fifth - This is the last peice of advice I will give you cause I have to get back over to that great website to learn some more about BSEA jumping. DO NOT (I'll say it again, DO NOT) call anyone a f uck-terd, p enis-breath, c unt-hair, g ay-twat, f art-brain, or p ecker-puffer. If you do they have these things called moderators that will kick you off the site. Then you won't be able to log in and get more advice on how to BSE jump from the internet. I think one of those moderators lives in that town with that bridge everyone keeps talking about. Maybe you can meet him one day.

Good luck and remember you will become a Jedi someday-

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

best advice I've heard so far!

funny thing is mr. moderator aka mr censor doenst even live in Idaho anymore. TA moved to Roanoke Virginia, but of course his profile still says Idaho.

-
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl