Thread: Tom Aeillo and Preen Bridge

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    rickosex

Cool Tom Aeillo and Preen Bridge

I'll start with a small intro. My names Tonya and my ex-husband is Rick O Shay. You all might or might not know him as the guy who had to be life flighted out of St. Helens after a bad hummer back in 96 I believe. I met him a while after that. I'm on here today because my dad was visiting last week and mentioned a documentary he had seen on Discovery that featured a jump that I will never forget. I'm not a base jumper and I'm not a skydiver I was only married to one. I thank Tom Aeillo for reminding me why I don't partake.

After my dad reminded me of that jump I thought I would get on the internet and see what footage they had because I have some great footage of it. You see that day my ex was getting ready to jump as well and with our newborn son strapped to me and camera in hand I got on the boat that was picking the jumpers up and not only taped Tom and Dwayne's jump but was there when they pulled him up on the boat. What I found was a bunch of asses calling Tom out about that jump. I don't know Tom all that well but I will say this when I met him he was a kind man of course he was also the typical base jumper type with a big ego and a bit selfish. When we arrived at the bridge that day there was an air of go big or go home but isn't it like that everywhere?

The main message I've seen is that Tom hummed it in intentionally but if you watch the footage I have you can clearly see that he got caught up in what Dwaine was doing which was really cool and simply didn't pull in time. If any of you want the footage email me. I think it's really cool that Tom is running a base course over there now and I'm glad he's alive and well. I know all you base jumpers and adrenallin junkies are annoyed with safe people like me but I have to say that in the years that I have known my ex I have seen more pain, death and injuries than I have ever seen in my entire lifetime before I met him. If my son ever want's to do base or skydive Tom's footage will be one of the first video's I whip out and it is labeled as "So You Think You Want To Jump". You guys have balls and I give you many props just make sure you have a will.

T

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Re: Tom Aeillo and Preen Bridge

I met Rick a few times here in California. The first time was when he was visiting Shoobi. It was after his crash landing. Haven't seen the guy in many years.

I hope things are going well for you.

rickosex

Re: Tom Aeillo and Preen Bridge

Oh good ol Shoobi we both worked for him for a little while. Things are good for me Rick O is doing all right and despite many more painful landings he still skydives and base jumps. I gave up trying to stop him from the base part. Now I just need to figure out how to stop him from doing it when our son is with him! I will dig out the footage this week as Rick asked me for it too and see if I can get you a copy.