Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best full face helmets?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Re: best full face helmets?

Check out Icaro helmets. Great vision and lightest I've found!

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Charley Insider.

Full face, 'Real' protection, superlight, great peripheral vision.
    Available everywhere in Paragliding Shops.
    Charly Insider Paragliding and Hang Gliding Helmets, Speedboarding and Longboarding Helmets, Charly Insider Helmet, www.FlyAboveAll.com

BLiNC Magazine Founder mknutson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Para_Frog View Post
    That's the one!
    The REAL MK uses:
    :: SixSixOne Protection ::

I like the fact that it is Carbon fiber, and really wonder the actual weight difference between the fiberglass model:
    :: SixSixOne Protection ::

Or maybe my question should actually be:

Does anyone know.... Can I safely paint a carbon fiber helmet without affecting the strength?

I do not want BLACK and GOLD.... sorry knights...

ShamWOW sponsored Ahole

Does anyone know.... Can I safely paint a carbon fiber helmet without affecting the strength?
    As long as you use latex paint and a brush in a well ventilated area.
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate. There's some people you just can't reach."

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

helmet needs to be snug but not tight. should not wobble or move with chinstrap off. go to rei or or gear shop and get fitted for a helmet they will show you.

kayak helmets are CE approved and are very light weight.

as with all real helmets that provide impact absorbtion, once you take a hit the foam has cracked/spiderwebbed/done its job and the helmet should be trashed or used only to keep your head warm and light bumps like most skydive helmets.

i have 3 or 4 predator full cut helmets in stock in twin falls.

i use the fullcut and on some jumps i use the predaotr six full face visor removed.
    Predator Helmets

different brands fit different heads better and worse. try em on, look for a trusted standard for the impact rating. If you ride moto you know snell2000, is better than just dot, etc.

-
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Instead of bringing up a whole new topic I just thought Id post at the end of this one. Having come to a point where I would like to get a fullface helmet (for skydiving). I dont like the fact that the skydive lids are way over priced and have no safety protection. So I have been looking around for lids that can be used for skydiving and BASE when I eventually get to that standard.
    Does anyone have a paragliding helmet such as the Charly Insider or the Air Extreme cloudchaser? I understand they have a E.N. 966 safety rating which is the certification for air sports i.e. good vision, drop tests, impact tests etc. I was just wondering on the fit of the helmets... is the chin cup miles away from your mouth when its fitted as it does look that way on the pics I have seen.

If anyone has any photos of a paragliding helmet fitted then id be most appreciative to see it as the helmet quest is getting a little headachy at the moment, having looked all over the web I reckon I have narrowed it down to the 2 above. It will be nice to have a full face that fits like a factory diver i.e. snug and chin cup close to the mouth with the added benefit of having some "real" safety rating and being half the price.

Having said that the predator six full face looks very nice and has more protection than any paragliding helmet... again I wonder how close the chin cup comes to the mouth area?

Take Care

No_Mind
    Life is what happens when you plan for something else.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) davo's Avatar
    Morpheus Helium, Asylum Profile, Adrenaline Zak2

ok, i don't know anyone that's jumped a full face paragliding helmet through terminal velocity. seems like that big face protector would mess with the wind too much, hence the skydive specific ones are close in to the face and have visors.

for low jumps the problem is impact, not wind resistance, so i'd go with a Mt. Bike or motocross helmet for low stuff, and a skydiving helmet for wingsuiting
    "What kind of man would live a life without daring?
    Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?
    Is there a better way to die?"

Charles Lindberg
    August 26th, 1938

I don't want a skydiving helmet due to it having no safety ratings at all. Ill be using the full face for tracking skydives mainly.

Have you jumped the mentioned Paragliding helmets? If anyone has then id appreciate the advise on whether they are suitable for skydives.

Thanks

No_Mind
    Life is what happens when you plan for something else.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) whatever's Avatar

Hi Mick

My advice on fit is get it tight. Tighter means less movement during deployment and freefall.

I have a 611 Full Bravo Carbon from a few years back and would recommend getting a carbon fibre fullface DH MTB helmet, as they are lighter and generally cut with a big goggle aperature which costs you less peripheral vision. Search the web for deals, there are always some around as the MTB market is huge. Then you can simply go to a bikestore that has that type of helmet to try the fit.

If you are not used to wearing that kind of fullface helmet, it will take some acclimitization.

It helps to have big stashbag also.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Icaro skyrunner is amazing... Super light, greater than 180 degree view from inside the helmet. I little big for illegal jumps (keeping it in a stash bag, etc) but I'm pretty sure thats the case with any full face
    snitches get stitches... ninja nyc

Thumbs up Re: best full face helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabredave View Post

Obviously skydiving helmets are all crap due to lack of energy absorbing impact foam. There are some great helmets in the paragliding area of things. They are tested and rated to a specific standard. They look a little funny but have really good, clear lines of vision.
    Two good places for helmets....... CloudChaser Helmets And.... Wills Wing, Inc. - Product Category Information Page

Dave
    Hi, I found this helmet on line at: HELMETS

Speed_II_4ca8811be1ad9.jpg

I'm seriously considering it as it is a EN certified full face helmet, including a visor at 209$

It is a paragliding equipment shop and they offer international free shipping!

Does any one have any experience with this shop or helmet?

Thanks,

Jony K

Thumbs up Re: best full face helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Mind View Post
    Instead of bringing up a whole new topic I just thought Id post at the end of this one. Having come to a point where I would like to get a fullface helmet (for skydiving). I dont like the fact that the skydive lids are way over priced and have no safety protection. So I have been looking around for lids that can be used for skydiving and BASE when I eventually get to that standard.
    Does anyone have a paragliding helmet such as the Charly Insider or the Air Extreme cloudchaser? I understand they have a E.N. 966 safety rating which is the certification for air sports i.e. good vision, drop tests, impact tests etc. I was just wondering on the fit of the helmets... is the chin cup miles away from your mouth when its fitted as it does look that way on the pics I have seen.

If anyone has any photos of a paragliding helmet fitted then id be most appreciative to see it as the helmet quest is getting a little headachy at the moment, having looked all over the web I reckon I have narrowed it down to the 2 above. It will be nice to have a full face that fits like a factory diver i.e. snug and chin cup close to the mouth with the added benefit of having some "real" safety rating and being half the price.

Having said that the predator six full face looks very nice and has more protection than any paragliding helmet... again I wonder how close the chin cup comes to the mouth area?

Take Care

No_Mind
    Hi, I found this helmet on line at: HELMETS

60147_600px_wide.jpg

I'm seriously considering it as it is a EN certified full face helmet, including a visor at 209$

It is a paragliding equipment shop, they offer international free shipping!

Does any one have any experience with this shop or helmet?

Thanks,

Jony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12