Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State BASE

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

State BASE

I am aware of a few states where it is possible to get all four objects in and a bunch where you can get all but one.

I'd be interested in some input as to what actual states it is possible to get B.A.S.E.

If I can get a comprehensive list going, I'll toss it into the BASEWiki.

Re: State BASE

If I get off my ass and check this E, We could have CleveBase

I'd come down for that...

NY

Bounced Email

Indiana but......bring break cord ........med,bag......and a couple good friends just in case med,bag needs used )

I need to see this Indiana bridge you speek of, let me know the location and I will drive.
    LIFE'S TO SHORT

Bounced Email

north west Indiana

perfecting mediocrity Blitzkrieg's Avatar

i'd be willing to bet if you look hard enough and have the balls you can get BASE in almost every state.

in any case, you can also definitely get it in NC (as there are a small handful i know of who have), however... i've personally been too lazy over the years to actually do it myself. maybe this year.

I'd be doubtful about every state, would be fun to try though.

I know you can get it in AZ, ID, TX, CA, OR, and WA.

It's possible in MI, but I don't know of anybody who has done it yet (I'm working on it though).

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

I don't know about that. I'm willing to bet that there are about twenty states that do not have a cliff high enough to jump. I'm also thinking that a lot of those same states don't have the topography that lends itself to having high bridges. I think it would be hard, if not impossible to complete BASE in Iowa, louisiana, oklahoma, Nebraska, missouri, arkansas, south dakota, indiana, Ohio, Mississippi, delaware, Rhode island, and Maryland. Can anybody prove me wrong about any of these? I don't know much about some of the N.E. states like Maine, Vermont and New hampshire, but I've never heard of any cliffs in those states either. There have got to be a few states that don't have jumpable buildings either. Every state has to have a jumpable A though, right? Actually I'm really curious now about the full list of states where BASE can be completed.

Indiana can def. be done, and ohio probably can as well. Dont forget that the "earth" doesnt have to be a natural wall. Many states have rock quarrys that are jumpable. They are just usually pretty sketchy!

Although I have not personally done it, you can get BASE-O in Colorado...still need to get the span, and we've only got two that I know of (one of them is super dirty low).

If anyone know of a jumpable E in Florida, then please pm me. I'm thinking maybe a quarry somewhere? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfpastniner View Post
    Indiana can def. be done, and ohio probably can as well. Dont forget that the "earth" doesnt have to be a natural wall. Many states have rock quarrys that are jumpable. They are just usually pretty sketchy!
    I had located a rock quarry in MI that had jumpable walls that were pretty sheer, I saw old pictures of it. Unfortunately, after a bit of research, I found out that three years ago they turned off the pumps and flooded it. Now it's got 12 foot walls....

sportdeath

Cool Re: State BASE

Colorado BASE #1 went to Rob Slater in late 1982 or early 1983, when he jumped the Royal Gorge Bridge after having previously jumped the painted wall in the black canyon of the gunnison, the 750-foot antenna on lookout mountain west of denver, and the big brown 700-foot building in denver now called QWest.

Colorado BASE #2 went to me in April 1983 when I jumped from the 750-foot antenna four months after jumping the 700-foot "cash register" building in denver, a year and a half after I did the painted wall, and 4 years after I did the Royal Gorge Bridge with Carl Boenish.

I'm sure there are several other "Colorado BASE" jumpers alive and dead but i don't know who they are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast