Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pc hesitaion video

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Re: Pc hesitaion video

i was always told going stowed with anything above a 42" is bad news. I was also told going stowed on less than 2 second delays is a bad idea. In the video you went stowed with a 46", and only a 1 second delay.

one night i ended up testing this theory.
    the pope and i were on a B, but it was too windy. so we climbed up onto the crane, and scaled 100' + out the boom end. we were basically side walking on the side of the crane with a 6" grate to stand on and the crane to hold on to.. so by the time we got to the end of the boom, i was shaking from fear (not from the jump, but scaling the crane out).420' up, after pope jumped, I decided not to fuck with my f-111 48", which was stowed.
    i took about 1.5-2 seconds, and i opened about the same alt. as i normally do from the 360' B with similar delay, rather handheld.

so yeah your p/c hesi in Vegas is from going stowed with a 46" and under-delay. next time go handheld.. ?

Hope Johnny Utah doesn't mind, but he has the best description and tutorial on how to fold a super mushroom. Its pretty much just folding your PC with the same meticulousness and anal-retentiveness as your canopy.

Johnny Utah is the man!

Super Mushroom - Johnny Utah

Blog Entries

I had a 1.5 second hesi off the Perrine and shat myself down the right leg a couple years back. Regular mushroom.

Johnny's Supermushroom ever since...no issues at all.

Did I mention Pete Konrad is my hero? He's a fuggin ninja yo.

- Grease

Edit - it was a stowed 46...I'm firmly in the "don't stow a 46" Harvey you dumbass" camp.
    - Harvey
    BASE 1232
    BLiNC Team Member

gravity brings me down Uberchris's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i just started practicing the super yesterday, will take some time to get faster but im more concerned with meticulousness. theres been too many scares between these videos and some local shit that i heard happened recently.

how many of you pack the super? is it legit? do you use it handheld or instead just s-fold the entire mesh and ripstop?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12