Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to base

1. Header
  2. Header-58

If this is your first visit, start by reading the following…

new to base

took the apex base course this past memorial day. did all five jumps awsome. ordered my gear from apex and it is coming in this week. i got four "a" in my area, three at around 1700 and one at 1100. goin base jumping next week. any advice on the antenna jumps. i will be jumpin the 1100 first. it has the easiest access and biggest landing area.

Re: new to base

Advice?

1. Learn to capitalize.
    2. Slow down.
    3. Hook up with some of the locals that know what they are doing, because with just a FJC and five jumps, you don't.
    4. Don't die.

Not necessarily in that order.

5. Find a midget and suck his cock.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

BLiNC Magazine Founder mknutson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ripcrdat700 View Post
    took the apex base course this past memorial day. did all five jumps awesome. ordered my gear from apex and it is coming in this week. i got four "a" in my area, three at around 1700 and one at 1100. going base jumping next week. any advice on the antenna jumps. i will be jumping the 1100 first. it has the easiest access and biggest landing area.
    BE PATIENT
    You have 5 jumps, and it sounds like no mentor or crew to learn from.
    Read Fatality_Statistics please.
    Just because there is altitude does not mean it is safe. You REALLY need to do several things IMHO:
    1. Get a SAFE and experienced MENTOR
    2. Ground crew for an experiences crew
    3. Go to TF for 20-50 more jumps (1 week ..?)
    4. Go to the DZ and get 20-50 Accuracy jumps on your new Base canopy
    5. Spend several Days with the DZ's Master Rigger learning!!!

That would be a good start.

5. Find a midget and suck his cock.

You obviously speak from experience. So please... tell me... how did this help you. I just cant see the connection. please enlighten me.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Never underestimate the advantages of midget sperm. It will bring you good fortune in all your BASE endeavors, and indeed life in general.

gravity brings me down Uberchris's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ive used it for years to fertilize my crops. ive never had such sweet corn and summer squash in my life

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

It's wonders are ceaseless!

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) davo's Avatar
    Morpheus Helium, Asylum Profile, Adrenaline Zak2

holy fucksticks, you're going to kill yourself.... I advise following the advice, all of it, most importantly the midget BJ
    "What kind of man would live a life without daring?
    Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?
    Is there a better way to die?"

Charles Lindberg
    August 26th, 1938

Splatulitus Maximus hamsandwich's Avatar
    Perigee Pro, Perigee II, Perigee W, Limbus

Did you make the jump? How did it go? Did you decide to go slider up or down? Full altitude? Let us know.
    Abbie Mashaal, BLiNC Team Member

www.tandemBASE.com
    www.splatula.com
    www.SnakeRiverSkydiving.com
    www.thebaseboard.com

I would take it seriously; but it's serious and ridiculous at the same time. -sl

Did the jump. Started climbing at 1 am, got to the top as the sun came up. Slider up, got 5 seconds, on heading opening, one turn passed under guide wires and stood up the landing. This was the 3rd attempt, winds weren't perfect. Climbed down before half way two times. Then on this jump got to the top and the wind still changed to the other side with smaller landing area. Passing under the last set of guide wires on approach was perfect. No ground crew. Lazy punks.

nice job..

I wan't to start BASE but I can't afford 200 skydives, have all of you done 200 skydives before BASE?

I've never done a BASE jump yet but I am a skydiver with 116 jump with the last jump being in 97. yes a long gap, with good reason, and I plan on going through a refresher and then getting 200 fresh jumps before attempting a BASE jump. watching videos is fun and they make it look effortless but one thing I can tell you in my meager experience is that it looks easier than it is and I'm just talking about skydiving itself. some of the best advice I have seen here is TAKE YOUR TIME. You rush it and I can almost guarantee becoming a negative statistic. The only advice I can can give from my seat is RESPECT it. You lose respect for either of these sports it will cost you as it almost cost me on jump 116, lucky for me my guardian angel was trained by Chuck Norris and I had the wisdom to see I had lost respect and the sense to walk away. My 2 cents take it as you will.

I advise following the advice, all of it,
    most importantly the midget BJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast