Thread: Does The Name Carl Boenish ring a bell? Or Bring on a Memory?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Exclamation Does The Name Carl Boenish ring a bell? Or Bring on a Memory?

Hey everyone, I found this forum through a chain of websites, starting with youtubing my last name, Boenish. Carl Boenish is my unlce whom unfortinatley died doing the very thing he loved so much about four and a half years before I was born. I was raised knowing who he was and watching old VHS tapes of his skydiving, BASE jumping, and hang gliding. My father only occasionally watched the tapes my brothers and I thought were so cool. We would get some stories from mostly from my mother about staffing the get away car for Carl, my dad and friends as they jumped off of various things but always wanted to hear more. Does anyone here remember, know of, or have any resources I might beable to quench my thirst for family history with?

BLiNC Magazine Founder mknutson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Does The Name Carl Boenish ring a bell? Or Bring on a Memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Boenish View Post
    Hey everyone, I found this forum through a chain of websites, starting with youtubing my last name, Boenish. Carl Boenish is my unlce whom unfortinatley died doing the very thing he loved so much about four and a half years before I was born. I was raised knowing who he was and watching old VHS tapes of his skydiving, BASE jumping, and hang gliding. My father only occasionally watched the tapes my brothers and I thought were so cool. We would get some stories from mostly from my mother about staffing the get away car for Carl, my dad and friends as they jumped off of various things but always wanted to hear more. Does anyone here remember, know of, or have any resources I might beable to quench my thirst for family history with?
    Sorry you had to go through a chain, BLiNC has been around since 1994 and there is more content than you could view in a year. But, that sounds like what you are looking for.

I never met Carl, but I know plenty about him.

I would start in the Wiki:
    Index - BLiNC Magazine:: BASE jumping, Skydiving, and Paragliding

But specifically, read all of the Stories
    Category:Stories - BLiNC Magazine:: BASE jumping, Skydiving, and Paragliding

Without Carl, we would not have those stories today.

I also know Mike Allen's relative (Marah) is making a video from old footage that Carl had.
    http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/o...base-film.html

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Re: Does The Name Carl Boenish ring a bell? Or Bring on a Memory?

Do you still have access to any of those old videos you watched as kid? If so and you haven't already converted them from VHS to digital format, I'll do it for you so that we can check it out and potentially preserve some footage that might otherwise be lost to history.

I do still have the tapes, well they live at my parents house. I will certainly look into getting them put in a digital format! Thank you for the idea!

Blog Entries

You're among dear friends Kimberly. Just like that.

Now if you turn out to be one of BSC's 124 personalities - I'm gonna be pissed.
    - Harvey
    BASE 1232
    BLiNC Team Member

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) base570's Avatar

sent you a PM :-)

BLiNC Magazine Founder mknutson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think several of us would be willing to help pay for digitizing. Pm me and I will help coordinate this. Then you can share your footage of carl with the world....

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Promise I am not one of BSC's 124's personalities, I am the true blood niece, says so on my birth ccertificate

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by mknutson View Post
    I think several of us would be willing to help pay for digitizing. Pm me and I will help coordinate this. Then you can share your footage of carl with the world....

Count me in!

Hello Kimberly, I worked for Carl as a camerman and sometimes film editor in the late '70s and early '80s. I'm not clear what info you are seeking that you have not obtained from your family. I can recollect stories from evading rangers in Yosemite to spending many hours with Carl at his home/studio and on the road. I guess I'll wait to see if you are checking back here before I start rambling on.

Quote Originally Posted by mknutson View Post

From what I have been reading, Jean is not too happy about people sharing Carl's footage with the world. I would be interested in knowing what you think the situation is regarding that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hughes View Post
    From what I have been reading, Jean is not too happy about people sharing Carl's footage with the world. I would be interested in knowing what you think the situation is regarding that. Thanks.
    Grant, Please call my personal cell phone when you have a chance, anytime after 2:30pm pacific time any day, 425-418-4045. Most of the stories have been not kept from us kids, but rather not shared just due to the emotional pain it causes my dad,
    Bob. And I can explain Jean aswell if you call me, that story I do know.

Kimberly

Grant, Please call my personal cell phone when you have a chance, anytime after 2:30pm pacific time any day, 425-418-4045. Most of the stories have been not kept from us kids, but rather not shared just due to the emotional pain it causes my dad,
    Bob. And I can explain Jean aswell if you call me, that story I do know.

Kimberly
    OK, will do.