Thread: Blinc relevant anymore?

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Blinc relevant anymore?

Mick,

From what I hear, you're a great guy, but it is obvious that Blinc is now completely irrelevant to the BASE community and most be completely renovated. Just look at the recent postings- a pretty sad mix of losers who protest BJ.com for some unknown reason, a couple of wanna-bes, and some foreign language postings. I'm not sure what the answer is, but something has to change. Hell, even your ads are completely outdated.

Re: Blinc relevant anymore?

Blinc is still here so fucktards like you have someplace to put their clueless, yet whiney and irrelevant postings...

BLiNC Has Value

Mick Knutson IS a great guy.
    He IS also a BASE jumper.
    Not a corporation.

Yes, BASEjumper.com is the
    place for chit-chat and such.

But BLiNC has a great Wiki
    and the place where not
    only the BASE Fatality List
    resides but also the very
    valuable statistics that
    Patto put together.

BASE is big enough for 2.
    ~Tom BASE1366
    www.Sky-Frogs.com
    BLiNC Team Member

BLiNC Magazine Founder mknutson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. BLiNC has always been about content not bull-shit rants.

2. BLiNC still has over 3 MILLION pages and grows everyday, so obviously you are not looking in the right place. Not to mention the thousands of views and inquiries about the BFL and BFS here on BLiNC. Obviously that is totally irrelevant :-P

3. The AD's on BLiNC are for BASE Jumpers, BY base jumpers PERIOD! I cannot help that most of the manufacturers are not updating their banners more often. But obviously BLiNC has a BASE Jumping focus!

Sorry to see you are so sad on BLiNC, but its your right to bitch about anything you like. And you wont get banned for it either!

...oh, and it also serves as the largest repository of up to date BASE specific information on the internet, hosts the BASE Fatality List, has a huge selection of BASE specific videos (that anybody can contribute to), has an invite only BASE Forum (so we don't have to listen to whiney douchebags that know nothing about anything), a calendar option to facilitate BASE trips/hookups, and the option to do all this, and more, in pretty much any language you want.

Just because it's not as visibly active on the surface as some websites does not mean it is not relevant nor used...

If you want attention, post a video of your mom using her dildo to give you anal sex, bitch!
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

If you go to BJ.com and do search most of the post is same thing over and over, the question has been beat to death over and over. just look at the post 5 to 10years old or more, only difference is it's newer BASE jumpers or wannabe posting, and half the people that post on BJ.com is foreigner and one moderator all good base jumper.

If you want the change thing why don't you come over here and contribute, make a post abut some thing constructive.
    or are you one of this that think "if same type of canopy with one skinny jumper and other heavy jumper the heavy jumper wight well make the front of the canopy make it heavy ?",fulcrum of the canopy stays same but if brake setting is changed the angle of attack well be changed,
    in five years I'm going to die from base jumping (if I make it out of high school first) is good enough for you.
    Last edited by airdog07; December 27th, 2011 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Blinc relevant anymore?

I actually wanted to compose my thoughts about this post into thoughts that would best describe my feelings and convey the most appropriate feelings...

I hear that there are several commercial sites that offer information about base jumping and anyone with a tethered connection to the internet is now a base(netified) god! WOW!

Well, maybe you should

1. shut the FUCK UP!
    2. read more than 1 paragraph of text before, well, (not) shutting the FUCK UP!

I started learning to base jump in 1992. I made my 1st base jump in 1994. Since that time I have met thousands of jumpers, and jumped from hundreds of different objects in dozens of countries.

I started BLiNC magazine in 1994. I spent 40 to 80 hours per week on the site until around 2001 when the DOT.com crashed and forced me to actually get some FUCKING work done and actually PAY MY FUCKING MORTGAGE!!!!! (imagine that)

At that time BLiNC had 100% of the internet traffic.
    I was consumed with keeping myself and my family alive, and BLiNC took a back burner.
    Well guess what? I found out how few friend and supporters i FUCKING HAVE!
    I lost almost all my traffic to BASEJumper dot com and I can tell you that it fucking sucks! Not so much that they have the chatter, bullshit and headache's... It sucks that something I love more than anything in my life.... BASE Jumping.... has shown so little merit to those engaging in it to just abandonment anything and anyone that actually helps it....

So am I sad that I dont have the random banter as BJ.com. yes and no.
    No because I could care less about the mindless shit and banter that consumes those trolls and worthless threads in cyberspace...
    Yes because if anyone gave a LIVE FUCK about the personal friends I have lost and the effort that is put into something that is the foundation for everything we live for, they would understand and support what I have done and what I am doing beyond anything else without there even being a choice....

But... there is choice....

isnt that what a systemic unbalanced equation eventually results in...

So, in the reality the a systemic unbalanced equation... you have those opportunistic few that want to banter about... what was. what could have been. what is. why one thing is better and why others are worse...

I can tell you this:
    • BLiNC Magazine has given me
    • hundreds of base jumps
    • Hundreds of locations
    • dozens of base locations
    • thousands of friends around the planet
    • millions of pages about BASE jumping
    • little or no money for the efforts
    • zero compromise on my morals and beliefs in BASE jumping

So, for you to have any FUCKING merit at all to even talk to me about this subject, in my mind shows how truly FUCKING ignorant you are and how CLOSE FUCKING minded you are and how FUCKING SAD it must be to live in your shoes...

My Shoes: 12.5 mens US and they are filled with hundreds of thousand of photos, videos and memorable stories from all over the planet that says:

BLiNC Magazine and BASEJUMPING.tv [org, biz, us] will dies and go away when myself: MICK (havin a muthat-fucking-KNUTSON) Knutson is dead!

until that time, I will out Jump, Play, Hack, Surf, Party you and all you will ever be because I have belief and drive to more than you will ever grasp!

Werd!

Mick, you forgot to mention pussy eating and all the anal sex you gave to the mothers of basejumpers wonna bes who you picked up at their funerals.

Unlike you, I wear 9.5 shoes but I still bet my cock is bigger than yours (uncut too) plus my Polish/Jewish heritage makes me the most awesome lover ever!

Also, if you're from that part of PA, the K is indeed pronounced so it's "nut-son" for the queers but "K-nut-son" for the originals.
    Dr. Nick

Nitro Rigging

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicknitro71 View Post
    Mick, you forgot to mention pussy eating and all the anal sex you gave to the mothers of basejumpers wonna bes who you picked up at their funerals.

Unlike you, I wear 9.5 shoes but I still bet my cock is bigger than yours (uncut too) plus my Polish/Jewish heritage makes me the most awesome lover ever!

Also, if you're from that part of PA, the K is indeed pronounced so it's "nut-son" for the queers but "K-nut-son" for the originals.
    Seriously? I did not think I had to mention that, I thought that was a GIVEN. I guess I assumed wrong again. Sorry dude!
    :-P