Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Bullington

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) Base1268's Avatar

Re: Sean Bullington

Quote Originally Posted by vblue View Post
    I just registered to tell you that you are one fucking moron.

This thread has been read by many friends of mine and friends of Sean. They all agree on one thing. That you are one major douche bag. To get on your stupid ass soap box and talk about your F 'pioneering' crap. What a load of shit.

Are you a parent? Have you ever lost a child? No? Then how can you F understand how she feels?
    I would guess from that unstructured offload that you are very young and immature

Yes I am a parent... and yes I lost a child at the very worst time when he was an infant.... I suggest you would serve yourself well by not making assumptions as you go thru life.... it will distort what is true.

It's a shame that Sean had acquaintances who hated the fact that he was an adventurer and enjoyed his life doing what he chose to do because your display here shows that you don't want to understand what his free spirit allowed him to do.... "how could Sean possibly be so selfish that he went and killed himself enjoying his life exactly how he wanted to"... I hear you say... we must always remember that we don't own anyone at all.... Parents do not own their children.

If you come here to this world.. where we celebrate the pioneering spirit... to try and possibly understand why Sean chose to BASE jump then you need to have a very open mind.

If it makes you feel better to take out your resentment for the fact that he died by coming here to this 2 dimensional environment and make a fool of yourself then go for it... but this forum is here for and by the very BASE jumpers that you resent.

You came here to this very place where Sean's BASE jumping friends can be found possibly hoping to make us feel some guilt for Sean's death because you somehow believe if Sean hadn't been a BASE jumper he would still be alive... and you want Sean's death to stop others from pursuing their dream...???

That's a very selfish attitude... but one I comprehend because it's common amongst people who grieve but don't understand and want someone or something to blame.

If ranting and abusing makes you feel better then I'm happy for you.... but being constructive would work much better for everyone.

have a wonderful day...........
    Argue for your limitations... and sure enough... they're yours

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Thank you, goodwill, willz and vblue, for understanding the point I was trying to make. I learned long ago that you can't argue or reason with a zealot be he religious, political, or sports oriented. I really just wanted everyone to know what an amazing person Sean was. Even we did not know how amazing he was until he was gone and friends like you came forward and told us about different aspects of his life that, when pieced together, amount to a man I am more proud of now than I was before - and let me tell you I was extremely proud and in awe of him. He was one in a million.

Nick - I am so very sorry you lost your child in infancy. That is a pain no one should have to suffer. Please accept my condolences.

I will say Merry Christmas to all of you, and, for your sakes and that of people who love you, please, please be very careful with your precious lives.

MomB

Thanks MomB... that's a nice genuine sentiment.... and I'm happy you're celebrating the one in a 7 billion person that Sean was and will always be remembered for.... embracing the positive always lifts the spirits....

I like to think that extreme adventurers are in fact more careful with life than the average person... we have to be... to continue doing what we do... to experience the life we desire and be our true selves without the influence of others.

Seasons best wishes to all your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Base1268 View Post
    Thanks MomB... that's a nice genuine sentiment.... and I'm happy you're celebrating the one in a 7 billion person that Sean was and will always be remembered for.... embracing the positive always lifts the spirits....

I like to think that extreme adventurers are in fact more careful with life than the average person... we have to be... to continue doing what we do... to experience the life we desire and be our true selves without the influence of others.

Seasons best wishes to all your family.
    You are an arrogant, self-absorbed douche. I'm just some random guy from the internet who happened upon this. I really can't believe how you can sit there and lecture someone on how they should grieve their son. I know, I know, you were merely "enlightening her on a different way of thinking that would free her of her pain". What a load of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lydok View Post
    You are an arrogant, self-absorbed douche. I'm just some random guy from the internet who happened upon this. I really can't believe how you can sit there and lecture someone on how they should grieve their son. I know, I know, you were merely "enlightening her on a different way of thinking that would free her of her pain". What a load of shit.
    It's really quite hilarious to come across 'random' trolls out there who have nothing better to do with their life than trawl the net trying to make a life for themselves... thanks for the laugh.........

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

goodwill, willz, vblue and lydok - thank you. I wasn't going to comment on here again but I did want to thank you again for understanding the point I was trying to make - that Sean was such a great man and I will miss my son and grieve for him the rest of my life no matter what anyone tells me I should do or how I should think. You make me remember that we, his family, are not the only ones who miss Sean. Thank you again and thank you for being such good friends to my Sean.

I know I should just let this 'discussion' end but I have to voice my disgust with the way Base1268 is speaking to a mother who is grieving her son. What total disrespect and self-righteousness you possess Base1268, it's staggering. I second lydok's sentiment, "You are an arrogant, self-absorbed douche".

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

You are speaking to a grieving mother that has just lost the son she carried in her womb. She saw him smile and walk and talk for the first time, if you've never grieved anyone then you have never loved a person whom you have lost. Now is not the time to be throwing down life lessons, now is the time to say "Ma'am, I am so sorry about Sean, if there is anything i can do to help your family or to honor his memory, please let me know." You're not speaking to a child and your theories don't hold water or give anything tangible to a person feeling the kind of pain she is feeling at this point in time. Please have a little respect.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

One more thing thing BASE 1268. I can only assume that Sean, looking down on us, is infuriated at your lack of respect or tact. So, doing what i would hope one of my buddies would do for me in this situation I am giving you one last warning, lecture his Mom one more time...you know how small a community it is, so chances are, I'll be seeing you around...

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Quote Originally Posted by MomB View Post
    Sean was my son and a truly gifted man. There is no glory in his death, only tragedy that he died long before his time. If his death prevents one person from participating in this extreme sport perhaps he will not have died for nothing. He left behind a young wife, his parents, a sister, 2 nieces, a nephew and a multitude of friends and co-workers. We miss him beyond measure and will grieve for him the rest of our lives.
    Mrs. Bullington,
    I had the pleasure of getting to know Sean a little before his passing, i got to do my first trip to Notch with him and camp out in the desert and hang out with him in Switzerland and France. He was a GREAT guy! So easy going and very obviously caring. He let my brother and i stay in his room one night when we couldn't find one and always had a smile on his face. We stayed up half the night cracking jokes and laughing at each other. I cannot fathom the depths of the grief you are feeling right now and i am so sorry for it. If there is anything that i can be of help with i am at your disposal. As i am sure you know, one good thing that did come from Sean's involvement in jumping are the friends he made. Don't hesitate to fall back on jumpers. They are mostly good people with lots of energy to help out. Once again, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family, Sean will be missed greatly.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

I realize that the internet is somewhat anonymous and some people think they can force everyone to listen to their views no matter how arrogant, immature or downright petulant. I am not a BASE jumper but I do understand the thrill and camaraderie that encompasses this sport. I am a mom whose son died. There is nothing good about that. All I ask is that everyone on this board (and in this sport) be so very careful with your precious lives. There are a lot of people who love you. Death is final and you can never ever be replaced. Sean was destined to do great things, not the least of which was his anti-terrorism work that he never spoke about. But I digress. Nick (Base 1268) I could not watch the video but I thank everyone else on here for your support,understanding and kind words.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Benpit247 - thank you so much for your kind words. I needed to hear this right now at this moment. Your comment came through as I was posting the one above. Sean was a kind and generous man and I can't tell you how proud I am of him. All these little stories about him keep coming out and it does my heart good to hear them. Thank you.

perfecting mediocrity Blitzkrieg's Avatar

miss you buddy!

Mom, I knew Sean & can't/won't say how & you can probably guess why but he was a good person & I'm sorry for your loss. I respected him as I respect your courage. Thanks for sharing your posts, it touched me. Sorry for the anonymity.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

foobar - I can guess and respect the reason for anonymity. Thank you for your kind words. Not a lot of courage here. I don't have Sean's fearlessness nor his zest for life. But we have to live out our lives no matter how sad or broken hearted we are so we just make it day to day. Sean's friends have been so wonderful throughout this ordeal. Well, Nick is a little misguided, but we'll overlook that. Some of Sean's friends have placed a plaque up on Notch Peak where he made his final jump. It's beautiful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast